Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2011 Infiniti G25x G37 Car audio build Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 Polk Audio Zed

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM
deep1214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Profile AP600 2-channel amp

this is a link for it:Profile AP600 2-channel car amplifier 100 watts RMS x 2 at Crutchfield.com

it dosent say anything about auto turn on.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 AM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
that amp does not have speaker level inputs or any type of auto turn on.

I have a 2011 G37 sedan with base audio and tapped into the wires behind the radio.

follow this link
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...diagram-s.html

harness 201 is for base audio WITH back up camera
Harness 81 is base audio no camera

it depends on which options your car has.

I would use the smallest wire taps you can find. There is room but not much.

Also the rear channels put out VERY little signal.
Im guessing the rear speakers are very efficient.

If I had to do it again I would only tap into the front left and right and not even worry about the rear channels

most processors can sum 2 channels and turn them into 4,6, or 8 channels
Old 01-04-2013, 11:47 PM
deep1214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Man, you were a great help Im going to post my results after I finish.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Spingjp

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
hey sorry for a late response, basically to tap into the back of the radio you should use the two metra harness i used in my write up, this is the best solution instead of using posi-taps,it gives you evrything you need. and for remote turn on on my rockford 3sixity 3 thats where i use my remote wire from the unit.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
ai3j50

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Where did you run the signal wires in relation to the power wire? I was always under the impression they could not be close to eachother but it looks like you have them both in the passenger side channel. If you are running them together are you getting any feedback? I am going to be installing my system this weekend so I wanted an idea of where to run wires
Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 PM
ai3j50

Originally Posted by Spingjp
i just used stock wiring, i looked at it and it seemed difficult to run my own wires through there. and i didn't want to see anything if i couldn't fit it through the molex.. so i just kept the stock wire there..
another question. where did you tap in to send the signal to the speakers using the factory wiring? in the trunk somewhere?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:41 PM
blazeplacid

Originally Posted by ai3j50
Where did you run the signal wires in relation to the power wire? I was always under the impression they could not be close to eachother but it looks like you have them both in the passenger side channel. If you are running them together are you getting any feedback? I am going to be installing my system this weekend so I wanted an idea of where to run wires
I ran mine down the passenger side right on top of the power wire.

zero noise

you are less likely to get noise from speaker wire (high level) than from RCA cables (low level).

I have always ran my RCA cables and power cable right next to each other.
Never had a noise issue.

I have had a ground issue that induced noise, but it wasn't the RCAs fault.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM
ai3j50

Originally Posted by blazeplacid
I ran mine down the passenger side right on top of the power wire.

zero noise

you are less likely to get noise from speaker wire (high level) than from RCA cables (low level).

I have always ran my RCA cables and power cable right next to each other.
Never had a noise issue.

I have had a ground issue that induced noise, but it wasn't the RCAs fault.
ok thanks for the info, what was your grounding problem? in case I run into that also
Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 PM
blazeplacid

I was running a Rockford 3sixty processor that wanted to be grounded as close to the headunit as possible.

I picked up an Audison bit ten D and haven't had any issues.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:22 PM
ai3j50

another question. where did you tap in to send the signal to the speakers using the factory wiring? in the trunk somewhere?
anybody know how i go about sending signal from my aftermarket amp through the stock wiring to the speakers?
Old 01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Spingjp

i ran my power wire on the driver side and the ran the speaker wire, remote wire down the passenger side, since my 3 sixity is mounted underneath my deckled, i used short 3 feet rca to connect to my amp. i have 0 noise and my 3 sixity is mounted in my trunk near my amp.

ai3j50- i tapped my speaker signal behind the dash using two metra harnesses which basically form a T connection behind the radio and into to the factory harness so i can get all my speaker connections instead of using posi- taps..

and your question about sending signal from the amp to the stock wiring is what i did you are going to back feed into the harness,.. in my setup i used the DSP so my setup is a little different, my speaker wire runs from the back of my headunit into the 3 sixty which is the DSP then RCA out to the amp..
Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM
ai3j50

i ran my power wire on the driver side and the ran the speaker wire, remote wire down the passenger side, since my 3 sixity is mounted underneath my deckled, i used short 3 feet rca to connect to my amp. i have 0 noise and my 3 sixity is mounted in my trunk near my amp.

ai3j50- i tapped my speaker signal behind the dash using two metra harnesses which basically form a T connection behind the radio and into to the factory harness so i can get all my speaker connections instead of using posi- taps..

and your question about sending signal from the amp to the stock wiring is what i did you are going to back feed into the harness,.. in my setup i used the DSP so my setup is a little different, my speaker wire runs from the back of my headunit into the 3 sixty which is the DSP then RCA out to the amp..
I am using your method of 2 harnesses. So I would need to run wires from the headunit to the amp then another set from the amp back to the harness behind the radio?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Spingjp

I am using your method of 2 harnesses. So I would need to run wires from the headunit to the amp then another set from the amp back to the harness behind the radio?
so are you using a sound processor?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:06 PM
ai3j50

so are you using a sound processor?
I'm going to be using a Kicker ZXSUM8
Old 01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Spingjp

I'm going to be using a Kicker ZXSUM8
on this wiring part my cousin helped me out, so from what i remeber, we used the metra harness, connected the speaker wire, ran it to the 3 sixty, rca out on the 3 sixity to the amp.

Quick Reply: 2011 Infiniti G25x G37 Car audio build Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 Polk Audio Zed