Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Urgent--Does AUX work in reverse without hack? Want to install cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 02:31 PM
i3eezenotch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Urgent--Does AUX work in reverse without hack? Want to install cam

Hey guys, I want to avoid doing that video bypass hack since it's illegal. I want to install a backup camera and I heard of people installing it through the aux jacks so that you can hit "AUX" when backing up and the video cam turns on. Does this work without having to do the bypass? Thanks!

P.S. this is urgent cuz I just received an invoice to get the rear camera trunk lip for my coupe and I want to know if this works before I buy it.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:30 AM
chlutz214
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
you can. you have to go really slow, it cuts out if u go above 5mph and you need to tap the parking brake just enough that the red "brake" light on your dash lights up. it gets really tedious and annoying bc it will allways cut out then you have to stop and wait for it to turn back on.

on another note, if you are buying the spoiler with cutout then you need to use an oem camera which costs ~500 and does not come with rca connections (you can probably attach them though) and no you cant just plug it in and have it work like stock. if you try to use any other camera in that hole it will not fit right. so good luck... lol i mounted a $20 camera from amazon to my license plate light bracket and it works well for me.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:11 PM
i3eezenotch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, thanks for the response. I saw someone was able to fit a Soyo camera in the trunk lip very nicely. I am hoping to do the same. That camera is OOS but I will look for another that would fit. I ordered the trunk lip for a reasonable deal and mine is still pretty much brand new so I can probably sell it for around the same. I think I can find a good camera that will fit for <$150 (If I'm already going with the stock look, I'm going to try to get a high quality cam).
Old 05-19-2012, 10:30 PM
chlutz214
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
good luck! I thought about doing the same, but i diddnt really think i would find a camera to go in there good. and id suggest using a sealant around the camera once its in and adjusted properly to make sure you dont get water coming through.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:20 PM
RemmyZero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i3eeznotch, i didn't realize you had a thread going on. keep us informed and feel free to email me if you need more info.

chlutz214, one of the other members on g35driver did this with an aftermarket camera and it looked great IMHO. you just have to find the right camera.

Stock/oem look backup camera install - G35Driver

Project: Aftermarket Backup Camera Install in Factory Location!! - Page 2 - G35Driver