Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Review Horrible quality sound from Bose system

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:12 AM
RV750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horrible quality sound from Bose system

Just swapped out or 2010 G37 to a 2012 but this one has the Bose 13 fr speaker system in it. The one with the "transistor radio duct taped to the dashboard" sound option. Its horrible quality sound. Otherwise love the car,just too bad something as key as good sound quality has to be so bad and ruin a nice ride. My Nissan Rogues base systenm sounds better in my opinion. Anyone else feel this way??
Old 04-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Spoken like someone that didn't grow up having cars that only had push button AM radios with a single speaker in the dash............................

There are always down falls with every car. If you don't like it change it, or trade the car in. You guys whinning about these stereos are starting to sound like spoiled little brats.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
Spoken like someone that didn't grow up having cars that only had push button AM radios with a single speaker in the dash............................

There are always down falls with every car. If you don't like it change it, or trade the car in. You guys whinning about these stereos are starting to sound like spoiled little brats.
For $45k, this car should have something better than this crappy Bose. A friends Audi has that bang n olfsen system and it sounds way better than ours. I personally didn't grow up with the am only push button, but I did grow up with my parents telling me "you get what you pay for", and honestly people are feeling a little perturbed about the quality...and I can't say I blame them.

Sounding like spoiled brats? Maybe for someone who grew up with push button am only radios...but that would make that person sound old and maybe needing a little more fiber in their diets.

I agree with you OP. the sound system in out $45k luxury sports car is a little disappointing.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I am not, nor never have I been a Bose fan. The system isn't as bad as you describe but it does leave something to be desired IMO. But then with it being a Bose system everyone should have expected it to be exactly what it is. This is the company whose slogan should be "Better sound through marketing". What were you expecting from them?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ Hahahahaha @ the punch line
Old 04-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Sunny's G37
^^^ Hahahahaha @ the punch line
I think I stole that line from someone else a long time ago, I can't remember exactly who but don't want to take undue credit for it. I just love it becasue it is so very true.

This is a company that sells a clock/radio just like the $25 one I had on my dresser in middle school back in the 80's. Name it a Wave Music System, throw in a CD player (I had cassette) and some very slightly improved speakers and charge $450. People fall over themselves to buy this dinosaur because Bose commercials are full of people raving about how amazing it sounds. IT'S STILL A FREAKING CLOCK RADIO!!!

Their marketing team is better than Vossen's!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:32 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
our cars are entry level luxury sports cars which means we get entry level stuff.... bose is entry level.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:04 PM
dimsler
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I actually really like my bose system, it sounds really good? nice 10" woofers in the doors with components, that rear woofer in the rear cover thingy? not sure why everyone hates on it. I downgraded from an M5 and I enjoy the audio system, and it sounds much better than my bmw nokia powered speaker system.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:06 PM
RV750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I did grow up with a push button AM radio in our family car, then guess what happened? 50 years went by and we now have advanced ways of reproducing sound. When my wife who is not at all an audiophile comments it sounds "broken" (LOL) and eveyr person who has been in the car agrees, its horrible, than it is. If $46 grand doesnt get the sound quality of a cheaper Rogue, than Houston, we have issues. The "just replace it" mentality some people have is pretty funny actually, and an aftermarkets dream customer. Maybe some neon lights underneath too?
Old 04-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Did you not listen to the audio system before you purchased the car? If it is such an important issue to you, did you not consider buying a model with the "normal" non Bose system? Some like it better.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Tazicon

Originally Posted by Mattster
For $45k, this car should have something better than this crappy Bose. A friends Audi has that bang n olfsen system and it sounds way better than ours. I personally didn't grow up with the am only push button, but I did grow up with my parents telling me "you get what you pay for", and honestly people are feeling a little perturbed about the quality...and I can't say I blame them.

Sounding like spoiled brats? Maybe for someone who grew up with push button am only radios...but that would make that person sound old and maybe needing a little more fiber in their diets.

I agree with you OP. the sound system in out $45k luxury sports car is a little disappointing.

First off........Our G37s are not classified as Luxury Sports cars, and at 45k you pretty much get what you pay for.

I have a 38k Z and it didn't even come with a Bose system. So yes you guys sound like spoiled little brats complaining. Oh and so you know I love my Z and put a different sound system in. I never complained about the stock one in it though I just upgraded it. It was what it was. I guess I never have unrealistic expectations as I know what I am getting before I buy it. I don't buy a 45k car and then go oh wait the stereo sucks. I know it before I purchase...................so no need to complain.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:24 PM
dimsler
Registered Member

High-End Stock Stereo Sound-Off - Edmunds.com

Better than a Jag and Austin Martin, imagine how pissed off those people must be with what they spent?
Old 04-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Tazicon

I have a Jag so yes I know this well...........................But like I say, I KNEW what I was getting before I bought so my expectations were not unrealistic.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:34 PM
dimsler
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RV750
Actually I did grow up with a push button AM radio in our family car, then guess what happened? 50 years went by and we now have advanced ways of reproducing sound. When my wife who is not at all an audiophile comments it sounds "broken" (LOL) and eveyr person who has been in the car agrees, its horrible, than it is. If $46 grand doesnt get the sound quality of a cheaper Rogue, than Houston, we have issues. The "just replace it" mentality some people have is pretty funny actually, and an aftermarkets dream customer. Maybe some neon lights underneath too?
I think the logical solution here is to return the car and keep driving the Rogue, sounds like win win to me.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Tazicon

Originally Posted by RV750

Maybe yours is broke...........................

Quick Reply: Review Horrible quality sound from Bose system