MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   Review Horrible quality sound from Bose system (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/233999-horrible-quality-sound-from-bose-system.html)

RV750 04-03-2012 11:12 AM

Horrible quality sound from Bose system

Just swapped out or 2010 G37 to a 2012 but this one has the Bose 13 fr speaker system in it. The one with the "transistor radio duct taped to the dashboard" sound option. Its horrible quality sound. Otherwise love the car,just too bad something as key as good sound quality has to be so bad and ruin a nice ride. My Nissan Rogues base systenm sounds better in my opinion. Anyone else feel this way??

Tazicon 04-03-2012 11:46 AM

Spoken like someone that didn't grow up having cars that only had push button AM radios with a single speaker in the dash............................

There are always down falls with every car. If you don't like it change it, or trade the car in. You guys whinning about these stereos are starting to sound like spoiled little brats.

Rad_Slinger 04-03-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tazicon (Post 3410408)
Spoken like someone that didn't grow up having cars that only had push button AM radios with a single speaker in the dash............................

There are always down falls with every car. If you don't like it change it, or trade the car in. You guys whinning about these stereos are starting to sound like spoiled little brats.

For $45k, this car should have something better than this crappy Bose. A friends Audi has that bang n olfsen system and it sounds way better than ours. I personally didn't grow up with the am only push button, but I did grow up with my parents telling me "you get what you pay for", and honestly people are feeling a little perturbed about the quality...and I can't say I blame them.

Sounding like spoiled brats? Maybe for someone who grew up with push button am only radios...but that would make that person sound old and maybe needing a little more fiber in their diets.

I agree with you OP. the sound system in out $45k luxury sports car is a little disappointing.

Black Betty 04-03-2012 12:05 PM

I am not, nor never have I been a Bose fan. The system isn't as bad as you describe but it does leave something to be desired IMO. But then with it being a Bose system everyone should have expected it to be exactly what it is. This is the company whose slogan should be "Better sound through marketing". What were you expecting from them?

Sunny's G37 04-03-2012 12:15 PM

^^^ Hahahahaha @ the punch line :bowrofl:

Black Betty 04-03-2012 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sunny's G37 (Post 3410444)
^^^ Hahahahaha @ the punch line :bowrofl:

I think I stole that line from someone else a long time ago, I can't remember exactly who but don't want to take undue credit for it. I just love it becasue it is so very true.

This is a company that sells a clock/radio just like the $25 one I had on my dresser in middle school back in the 80's. Name it a Wave Music System, throw in a CD player (I had cassette) and some very slightly improved speakers and charge $450. People fall over themselves to buy this dinosaur because Bose commercials are full of people raving about how amazing it sounds. IT'S STILL A FREAKING CLOCK RADIO!!!

Their marketing team is better than Vossen's!

A_Palaroan 04-03-2012 12:32 PM

our cars are entry level luxury sports cars which means we get entry level stuff.... bose is entry level.

dimsler 04-03-2012 01:04 PM

I actually really like my bose system, it sounds really good? nice 10" woofers in the doors with components, that rear woofer in the rear cover thingy? not sure why everyone hates on it. I downgraded from an M5 and I enjoy the audio system, and it sounds much better than my bmw nokia powered speaker system.

RV750 04-03-2012 01:06 PM

Actually I did grow up with a push button AM radio in our family car, then guess what happened? 50 years went by and we now have advanced ways of reproducing sound. When my wife who is not at all an audiophile comments it sounds "broken" (LOL) and eveyr person who has been in the car agrees, its horrible, than it is. If $46 grand doesnt get the sound quality of a cheaper Rogue, than Houston, we have issues. The "just replace it" mentality some people have is pretty funny actually, and an aftermarkets dream customer. Maybe some neon lights underneath too?

Black Betty 04-03-2012 01:17 PM

Did you not listen to the audio system before you purchased the car? If it is such an important issue to you, did you not consider buying a model with the "normal" non Bose system? Some like it better.

Tazicon 04-03-2012 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mattster (Post 3410426)
For $45k, this car should have something better than this crappy Bose. A friends Audi has that bang n olfsen system and it sounds way better than ours. I personally didn't grow up with the am only push button, but I did grow up with my parents telling me "you get what you pay for", and honestly people are feeling a little perturbed about the quality...and I can't say I blame them.

Sounding like spoiled brats? Maybe for someone who grew up with push button am only radios...but that would make that person sound old and maybe needing a little more fiber in their diets.

I agree with you OP. the sound system in out $45k luxury sports car is a little disappointing.

First off........Our G37s are not classified as Luxury Sports cars, and at 45k you pretty much get what you pay for.

I have a 38k Z and it didn't even come with a Bose system. So yes you guys sound like spoiled little brats complaining. Oh and so you know I love my Z and put a different sound system in. I never complained about the stock one in it though I just upgraded it. It was what it was. I guess I never have unrealistic expectations as I know what I am getting before I buy it. I don't buy a 45k car and then go oh wait the stereo sucks. I know it before I purchase...................so no need to complain.

dimsler 04-03-2012 01:24 PM

High-End Stock Stereo Sound-Off - Edmunds.com

Better than a Jag and Austin Martin, imagine how pissed off those people must be with what they spent?

Tazicon 04-03-2012 01:30 PM

I have a Jag so yes I know this well...........................But like I say, I KNEW what I was getting before I bought so my expectations were not unrealistic.

dimsler 04-03-2012 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by RV750 (Post 3410552)
Actually I did grow up with a push button AM radio in our family car, then guess what happened? 50 years went by and we now have advanced ways of reproducing sound. When my wife who is not at all an audiophile comments it sounds "broken" (LOL) and eveyr person who has been in the car agrees, its horrible, than it is. If $46 grand doesnt get the sound quality of a cheaper Rogue, than Houston, we have issues. The "just replace it" mentality some people have is pretty funny actually, and an aftermarkets dream customer. Maybe some neon lights underneath too?

I think the logical solution here is to return the car and keep driving the Rogue, sounds like win win to me. :hello:

Tazicon 04-03-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by RV750 (Post 3410552)

Maybe yours is broke...........................