Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Ipod extension cable with charge

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 04:47 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TwoThree
Well, purchased a new Nissan connector and the BrandMotion wire works flawlessly. Charges my iDevices and everything. Nice solid connection unlike that POS scosche.
I think this is the problem I'm having with my 2k8 G35 as well -- will try the nissan connector from my 2k9 G37 and see if the brandmotion works.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
PeterUbers

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I think this is the problem I'm having with my 2k8 G35 as well -- will try the nissan connector from my 2k9 G37 and see if the brandmotion works.

So my G37 cord did not help the situation in my G35 -- the brandmotion still does not work.

This is frustrating!

Do I need a new nissan connector cable? Why would my current one need to be replaced if it's working well with my old nano? Shouldn't the brandmotion cross the correct pins to get it to charge and transfer music?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:20 PM
PeterUbers

Yeah... i'm done investing $20-50 on different items until more people chime in-- there is no clear understanding of why one nissan connector would work over another nissan connector with the brand motion...

will stay tuned
Old 05-02-2012, 02:48 PM
boardaddct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just went to the BrandMotion site to get one of these and they switched it with an iSimple device that looks like the Scorsche. Anyone know any other solutions to this problem?
Old 05-05-2012, 02:05 PM
bwc

bwc --

is this the brandmotion one?

The manufacturer is listed as "Genuine Audi/VW" --

I'll probably get this one if you say it works --

Thanks
I don't see any mention of brandmotion anywhere, but possibly they resell this cable because it looks similar. The packaging was pretty generic, just a bag with no real markings. The instruction paper that it came with says DICE Electronics, LLC.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I bought the Brandmotion, and hooked it to my car, and it played, however did not charge as others have stated. I bought a new Nissan wire, then attached it to the Brandmotion, works perfectly. Full playback and full charging supported. I recommend you go buy another wire from Infiniti, because thats what my issue was, not the Brandmotions.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:07 PM
PeterUbers

Originally Posted by TwoThree
I bought the Brandmotion, and hooked it to my car, and it played, however did not charge as others have stated. I bought a new Nissan wire, then attached it to the Brandmotion, works perfectly. Full playback and full charging supported. I recommend you go buy another wire from Infiniti, because thats what my issue was, not the Brandmotions.
Could they have changed the cable since I bought the car in 2009?

Do you have a model number on that infiniti cable -- or it is the only one they keep in stock now? I guess I can return it if it does not work.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:19 PM
TwoThree

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
I don't have a part number right now, but its the only one Infiniti carries. Try it out, its in like a blue, transparent zip-lock bag. If the parts guys are cool, they should be able to let you test it, and if it doesn't work just bring it back.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:01 PM
boardaddct

I bought one of these off Amazon
Amazon.com: iPod / iPhone Charging Adapter Converter (Black) - Convert 12V to 5V - Converts Old iPod Dock, iPod Alpine, Pioneer and Car Hook Ups to 5V Allowing You to Charge the New iPod and iPhones: MP3 Players & Accessories

It works on my 2009 with my 4s - charges and plays just fine. It is pretty secure in the phone... but not as good as a normal cable. Be forewarned, it is pretty fat, about twice the thickness of the normal connector. Not a problem for me, but if you have a case it will likely not work.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by boardaddct
I bought one of these off Amazon
Amazon.com: iPod / iPhone Charging Adapter Converter (Black) - Convert 12V to 5V - Converts Old iPod Dock, iPod Alpine, Pioneer and Car Hook Ups to 5V Allowing You to Charge the New iPod and iPhones: MP3 Players & Accessories

It works on my 2009 with my 4s - charges and plays just fine. It is pretty secure in the phone... but not as good as a normal cable. Be forewarned, it is pretty fat, about twice the thickness of the normal connector. Not a problem for me, but if you have a case it will likely not work.

looks exactly like the sosche adapter
Old 05-16-2012, 10:20 AM
boardaddct

Originally Posted by Mattster
looks exactly like the sosche adapter
The distinction is that the neXplug has spring loaded pins to keep it secure when it is plugged into the phone and maintain a secure connection - the sosche has nothing, and although the spring loaded pins aren't perfect, they are definitely better than nothing.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Zimshimmy

I purchased the BrandMotion cable as well and it doesn't work with the cable that came with my 2008 G37 Coupe. I went to infiniti today and they only had one cable that was in a blue zip lock as described by TwoThree. However, that cable didn't work for me either. The part number for the cable was 284H2-1BA0B. I'm going to try one more cable that I ordered online - part number is 284H2-ZT50A. This will be my last attempt and I'm giving up. At this time I'm not sure if i received a BrandMotion cable that's not working or if it's my G that's dead.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:42 PM
PeterUbers

Originally Posted by Zimshimmy
I purchased the BrandMotion cable as well and it doesn't work with the cable that came with my 2008 G37 Coupe. I went to infiniti today and they only had one cable that was in a blue zip lock as described by TwoThree. However, that cable didn't work for me either. The part number for the cable was 284H2-1BA0B. I'm going to try one more cable that I ordered online - part number is 284H2-ZT50A. This will be my last attempt and I'm giving up. At this time I'm not sure if i received a BrandMotion cable that's not working or if it's my G that's dead.
Damnit!

I just bought the 284H2-1BA0B -- in fact, I type this post as I sit here in the Infiniti Dealership waiting for my oil change to finish.

I have not yet tried it -- but they won't let me return it once I open it -- go figure, it's in a ziplock back -- how can they prove that I did or didn't open it.

Will report back once I try this.

Too bad there is limited information on this thread (i.e. actual model numbers are not posted by people that got the brandmotion extension cable to work) but I do appreciate everyone's input.

The parts guy said make sure I update my iPhone software as well -- will give that a try too. I'm pretty sure I'm updated though, who knows.

Agreed -- this is getting too expensive to keep trying -- over $100 investment so far just trying to get this crap to work -- and in the end -- I'm back to Scosche -- POS.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:57 PM
PeterUbers

Just bought the 284H2-ZT50A for $10.99 shipped on ebay.

If this doesn't work (or the one I just bought here at the dealership), I'm gunna replace the car, LOL
Old 05-30-2012, 01:14 AM
Zimshimmy

Just bought the 284H2-ZT50A for $10.99 shipped on ebay.

If this doesn't work (or the one I just bought here at the dealership), I'm gunna replace the car, LOL
I received my 284H2-ZT50A cable today and unfortunately the situation hasn't changed. I got the cable off Ebay from some dude in Florida so it might be the same guy. I have an Iphone 3GS and 4 and they both won't work. I don't get the stupid message about how charging is not supported but it just won't charge. I know both my phones have the latest IOS version. I'm baffled, i can't figure out why it won't work. For once I've run out of ideas. Let me know if it works for you.

Quick Reply: Ipod extension cable with charge