Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Voice Recognition for Audi questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:38 AM
TraderAlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voice Recognition for 2011 G37 S 6MT questions

Hello Everyone

I am new owner of a 2011 G37 Sport 6MT. I have the top line Music Box/Nav package in the car. And I have a question about voice recognition for the Audio system. My sales guy from Ray Catena Infiniti told me that I would be able to voice command specific songs stored to the Music Box HD. But the short story, when I tried to do this, I could not get it to respond to specific track requests, other than just turning itself on and off. I went back down to the dealer for "tech support". But after about an hour of fussing around, the dealer guys could not call up specific titles, either-and suggested then that all the voice command can do is turn on my various audio devices just on or off, and then I would have to manually toggle everthing else. But I just pulled a voice command cheat sheet here from the forums, which seems to suggest possibly otherwise?

So can any forum members confirm or advise whether voice commands can pull up songs by title? Will this also apply t IPOD?-as I seem to be able to just turn IPOD on or off with voice, but then must toggle for tracks. Little surprised, as my daughter's 2011 Fiesta allows her to voice command specific tracks from her IPOD.

I am suspecting the Inifiniti dealer guys just don't know, and the car's manual is not so great with providing examples. So I suppose voice commands will work better than they appear?
Thanks/Alex

Last edited by TraderAlex; 07-25-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: old habits die hard-put previous car model in title
Old 07-25-2011, 12:01 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
you can't pull it up by artist by voice recognition...
Old 07-25-2011, 01:31 PM
TraderAlex

I printed out the voice recognition cheat sheet that was available here. And there are a lot of nice commands there I would like to use, including satillite radio channel and also interior temperature control. But nothing seems to work. Are the coupes gettting a better command system than the sedans? Or did the manufacturer water down the command features for MY 2011?
Old 07-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by TraderAlex
I printed out the voice recognition cheat sheet that was available here. And there are a lot of nice commands there I would like to use, including satillite radio channel and also interior temperature control. But nothing seems to work. Are the coupes gettting a better command system than the sedans? Or did the manufacturer water down the command features for MY 2011?
Perhaps the cheat sheet you obtained is for early ‘08’s only. Later ‘ 08’s and future model years for both coupes and sedans have fewer voice recognition commands.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:16 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi.....Audio.

Thread title needs fixin'. LOL
Old 07-26-2011, 10:19 PM
TraderAlex

Yep-I tried editing the title and did edit it, but it did not change in the orginal body. But "guilty as charged"-Audi. This was proof positive that I am still having nightmares from my previous car, an Audi A6. That car, was in a nutshell, a nightmare to own. When I bought as new, I should have checked off the optional chassis net for catching all the falling parts.