Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > Audio, Video & Electronics
Reload this Page >

Help 2009 G37 Premium does not support Bluetooth audio?

Notices
Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help 2009 G37 Premium does not support Bluetooth audio?

Old 07-22-2011, 07:47 PM
  #1  
redG37sedan
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 G37 Premium does not support Bluetooth audio?

Hi all, I have a 2009 G37 sedan with Premium package *without* the navigation. I have the bluetooth working so I can use my iPhone for phone conversations but I simply can't get it working to play music through the bluetooth.

Does the 2009 G37 have this feature and I'm just missing it, or this in 2010+ only?

The instructions I've seen seem to be for the 2010 model and don't seem applicable to my 2009 model.
redG37sedan is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 08:10 AM
  #2  
voltic
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 643
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Woah, didn't even see this thread, sorry for the late reply!

No, we 2009's don't have Bluetooth audio capability, just Bluetooth voice for cell phones. I think the Nav package is required for the center console iPod connector so you're probably stuck getting a converter cable to plug into the iPhone headphone jack and the car's RCA (Yellow, White, Red) connectors.
voltic is offline  
Old 07-25-2011, 05:13 PM
  #3  
fluxemag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 230
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
There's a few products that can make this work for non-nav.

Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway (works for any phone that can stream BT)
Micus Bluebridge
Belkin Bluetooth adapter


I just bought the blackberry one and it plugs into a aux input jack. Once you pair your phone to it, you can have streaming bluetooth inputted to the aux input. If you don't have an aux input like in a 2010, you can tap into the XM module to make one.
fluxemag is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:14 PM
  #4  
msmith5098
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation bluetooth audio streaming

I have a 2009 G37x coupe with bluetooth but no navi, what do i need to buy to stream my music bluetooth instead of plugging my iphone 5 in the annoying ipod plug in center console? I dont want to have to recharge something just plug it in and leave it alone. I dont want it to interfere with my calls via cars bluetooth. whats my best option please help!
msmith5098 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 01:27 AM
  #5  
Lije Baley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yolo County, CA
Posts: 137
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts
deleted post...

Last edited by Lije Baley; 12-02-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Lije Baley is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 05:12 PM
  #6  
g3lo
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have the Bluetooth audio in 2012 g37x but to be honest I think the quality is better when you hook it up to the USB. At least IMO.
g3lo is offline  
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 PM
  #7  
Black Betty
Lexus Defector
iTrader: (60)
 
Black Betty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 21,089
Liked 2,004 Times in 1,215 Posts
Originally Posted by msmith5098 View Post
I have a 2009 G37x coupe with bluetooth but no navi, what do i need to buy to stream my music bluetooth instead of plugging my iphone 5 in the annoying ipod plug in center console? I dont want to have to recharge something just plug it in and leave it alone. I dont want it to interfere with my calls via cars bluetooth. whats my best option please help!
Bluetooth audio streaming is not available on 08-09 models, only 2010+.
Black Betty is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:44 PM
  #8  
Dawson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What!? I didnt know we had this feature. I have an 11 model and tried playing music over bluetooth and failed
Dawson is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 12:12 AM
  #9  
OwenC
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 72
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have an iphone 5 and recently downloaded the Google Maps app. Today using the app for the first time, the turn by turn directions actually came through Bluetooth. I was so shocked! Could this be a sign that we could potentially stream music through bluetooth one day?
OwenC is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
  #10  
jms515
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OwenC View Post
I have an iphone 5 and recently downloaded the Google Maps app. Today using the app for the first time, the turn by turn directions actually came through Bluetooth. I was so shocked! Could this be a sign that we could potentially stream music through bluetooth one day?
Hi Owen,

What year is your car?
jms515 is offline  
Old 04-24-2013, 04:05 PM
  #11  
jbagel2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So, I know this thread is quiet old. But. I thought i would give a shout out to some hardware that gave me all the features i wanted. Calling and Music streaming through bluetooth for my 2009 G37x (non-nav, but will work on both).

Nissan Infiniti USB Android iPod iPhone Bluetooth AUX car kit


that is a link to the main unit, you have to buy a little adapter for the extra bluetooth functionality, but its easy to install as long as your are slightly comfortable with opening your dash.

This all allows you to use the stock radio and buttons to control everything without having to have some stupid thing plugged into your lighter or sticking out somewhere.

Just wanted to share the wealth.

Jacob
jbagel2 is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 02:44 PM
  #12  
uncrx2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbagel2 View Post
So, I know this thread is quiet old. But. I thought i would give a shout out to some hardware that gave me all the features i wanted. Calling and Music streaming through bluetooth for my 2009 G37x (non-nav, but will work on both).

Nissan Infiniti USB Android iPod iPhone Bluetooth AUX car kit


that is a link to the main unit, you have to buy a little adapter for the extra bluetooth functionality, but its easy to install as long as your are slightly comfortable with opening your dash.

This all allows you to use the stock radio and buttons to control everything without having to have some stupid thing plugged into your lighter or sticking out somewhere.

Just wanted to share the wealth.

Jacob
Do you mind taking some pics of where you are mounting this? Just got the 2010 G37x and it ludicrous that they didn't put this in. This is my favorite feature from my 2011 4runner.
uncrx2003 is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 02:43 PM
  #14  
YellowJacket
Registered User
 
YellowJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 204
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts

Check out my DIY in the DIY section of the forums about how to add music streaming via Bluetooth for less than $30.00.

I used a belikin BT audio gateway which allows for music streaming only and does not effect the cars handsfree phone operation.

David
YellowJacket is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 04:06 PM
  #15  
uncrx2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would total do this mod except that mine is a 2010 so it doesn't come with the aux inputs.
uncrx2003 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help 2009 G37 Premium does not support Bluetooth audio?


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.