Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

changing the choices of map icons to display

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 01:13 AM
bresbones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
changing the choices of map icons to display

Why are there only 5 map icons that can be displayed on the navi?? (restaurant, gas station, hotel, etc) Can we somehow choose from the hundreds of different categories and put our favorites to display? I realize you can change the categories of "nearby" places to whatever you want, but I'm specifically referring to the "icon" display choices on the map. Anyone figure this out??
Old 01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
roots4x

Originally Posted by bresbones
Why are there only 5 map icons that can be displayed on the navi?? (restaurant, gas station, hotel, etc) Can we somehow choose from the hundreds of different categories and put our favorites to display? I realize you can change the categories of "nearby" places to whatever you want, but I'm specifically referring to the "icon" display choices on the map. Anyone figure this out??
I agree there should be more, but it is still a nice feature and they've got all the basics covered. I'm not defending the design at all since more choice is never a bad thing, but would you really want just random POI categories all over your map?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:12 PM
328HP

Originally Posted by bresbones
Lexus works the same way.

Is this not the full menu of the POI you can set

http://www.infinititechinfo.com/refg...-08IT-Navi.pdf

Page 61 of 251
Old 01-06-2011, 05:39 PM
bresbones

There are hundreds of POI icons which can be displayed ONLY when you SEARCH for those categories, apparently, in the results screen, but you are limited to 5 choices which show continuously on your map in realtime as you pass those. The reason I realized this was that I was looking to put "schools" as one of my choices, since many cops are giving speeding tickets near school zones and I wanted to be aware of when I was approaching one, but again we can only view 5 category icons in "realtime." (restaurants, hotels, gas stations, rest areas, and atm) ..section 3-19 on the manual
Old 01-06-2011, 05:52 PM
328HP

Noted. I stand corrected