Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Ipod intergration

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:55 PM
hechen507
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Ipod intergration

Sorry if this question was ask before but I couldn't find anything on it.

Okay, I am planning to get a ipod classic since I got a huge music collection. My question is will my 09 G37x support the random/shuffle also repeat feature when I use the steering wheel controls?

Also do you guys see any problems with leaving my ipod in my car all season long?

EDIT: One last thing... Will the ipod be able to play video thru the ipod adapter? Or do I need the RCA cable?

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:32 AM
KeyWasted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I leave my old ipod connected all the time. Basically I look at it as being a hard drive. As for the video playing, no you need the RCA cable. And also you need to set the parking brake for it to work.

quick tip:
got this from people here. once you load your music to your Ipod, set the genre for each song as the first letter of the name of the song. This way if you want to play a song and it starts with the letter T you dont have to scroll all the way down.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM
hechen507
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KeyWasted
I leave my old ipod connected all the time. Basically I look at it as being a hard drive. As for the video playing, no you need the RCA cable. And also you need to set the parking brake for it to work.

quick tip:
got this from people here. once you load your music to your Ipod, set the genre for each song as the first letter of the name of the song. This way if you want to play a song and it starts with the letter T you dont have to scroll all the way down.
Wow thanks great tip! Do you also know if the songs are able to be played in random/shuffle basis?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:45 PM
KeyWasted

No problem, glad i could help.

Yea if you have it set on your ipod to shuffle songs then it will play songs shuffled.

-Chris
Old 12-07-2010, 08:12 PM
disarm

although you can't change the play mode with the steering wheel controls, you can hit the 'Scan/Rpt' button on the dash (to the left of the clock) to cycle through all the shuffle/repeat modes. there's too many to list here, but you can quickly cycle through anything you might need.

i find myself using it quite a bit if i hear a good song on shuffle and want to switch over to listening to the full album...couple quick button presses and you can go from 'Shuffle Song' to 'Shuffle Album' and it will continue playing the rest of the album from that song onward. it's pretty handy if you find yourself in the mood to continue listening to a particular band when it pops up on random.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:05 PM
hechen507
Registered Member

Okay great thanks guy!
Old 12-12-2010, 09:22 PM
disarm

i have to correct what i said before...played around in the menus a little after posting here the other day. while i just use the dash button to cycle through modes because it's quick and easy, you can get to shuffle/repeat options through the menu using steering wheel controls.

while you're listening to your iPod, enter the menu and scroll down to the very end of the list for 'Shuffle Songs' and it takes you to sub-menu where you can change the shuffle options. it isn't nearly as quick as just using the dash button though.