Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Option in the g for more sound! For free.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 07:46 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Option in the g for more sound! For free.

Hey everyone,

Ive noticed ALOT of people complain about the lack of the G's sound system. Go into the G's options and look for a setting called "driver's stage" or something like that... It turns on the front tweeters i believe. It helps out ALOT when i first got the G, and was making sure other people knew about it.

Let me know if it works for ya!
John
Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
08 doesnt have that
Old 09-16-2010, 07:58 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

yes it does. My cousin has a 08 and i told him about the "drivers stage" thing and he said it does and it worked haha, go cehck agian rain, Its in the options somewhere. just mess with it
Old 09-16-2010, 08:07 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08's definitely have it because I have it.
Can you go into more detail on what the difference is please?
Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

how do i get into the option screen
Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

Options>Audio> Drivers Audio Stage (On/Off)
Old 09-16-2010, 08:17 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

lol actually it was on
Old 09-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Raizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That option does not turn on your tweeters. Your tweeters are on all the time regardless with that option on or off.

The option is to optimize the driver's audio experience by increasing the output of the speakers that are further away to make up for the distance the driver is away from those speakers. With the option off, all your speakers will have the same output meaning the sound from the speakers on the right side of car will not sound the same as the speakers on your left.

Basically with that option on, it will make it feel like all the speakers in the car is surrounding the driver at equal distance.

If you have a passenger in the car, I would advise turning the option off because the speakers on his/her right will be significantly louder than the sound coming from the speakers on the left side of car.

From http://www.webinfiniti.com/infiniti-...s-audio-stage/

"The Audio Stage is a system developed by Bose that allows the driver to flip a switch and center the sound around him or herself!"

Last edited by Raizon; 09-16-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Raizon
That option does not turn on your tweeters. Your tweeters are on all the time regardless with that option on or off.

The option is to optimize the driver's audio experience by increasing the output of the speakers that are further away to make up for the distance the driver is away from those speakers. With the option off, all your speakers will have the same output meaning the sound from the speakers on the right side of car will not sound the same as the speakers on your left.

Basically with that option on, it will make it feel like all the speakers in the car is surrounding the driver at equal distance.

If you have a passenger in the car, I would advise turning the option off because the speakers on his/her right will be significantly louder than the sound coming from the speakers on the left side of car.

From Infiniti Driver’s Audio Stage

"The Audio Stage is a system developed by Bose that allows the driver to flip a switch and center the sound around him or herself!"
Welll, that would help the DRIVER, since they are the ones on the forum complainin on the weakness of the stock bose haha. sooo yeah, well i noticed it was a good bit louder than what it was. But thats just me.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:21 AM
NCNC

I actually prefer to have the Driver's Audio Stage OFF. My feeling is that sound is more natural without it. Not sure if anyone else here feels the same too...
Old 09-17-2010, 12:57 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Infiniti should've made that automatic IMO, I dont want to be going on and off everytime someone walks in and out lol
Old 09-17-2010, 10:34 AM
carz

Originally Posted by NCNC
I actually prefer to have the Driver's Audio Stage OFF. My feeling is that sound is more natural without it. Not sure if anyone else here feels the same too...
same here, i prefer it off
Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Frankyg37s

Originally Posted by Raizon

From Infiniti Driver’s Audio Stage

wow good info thanks
Old 10-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Mazaki

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Tried out the Driver's Audio Stage Mode, sounds a bit strange after having the speakers all playing at equal volume for so long.

I think the stock system is plenty loud, you guys must be deaf or summin.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:26 PM
fyreboltx

Originally Posted by NCNC
I agree... it doesn't make it sound any better, it just makes it sound like the speakers are closer to your ears.

The sound system in the G is simply average. All Bose did was tune the system, from what I can tell, and if I knew didly squat about car audio, the first thing I would do is take out the Bose amp and replace it with something else. All those speakers are basically going to waste. I love home audio (though I don't believe in "audiophiles") and know that car audio is complete different but the Infiniti system just sounds ok, which is disappointing consider how BMW, Lexus, and (especially Acura) have stepped up their game.

My brother's 08 IS350 has an incredible sound system. So does my mom's 02 S60. And my dad's 96 3.2TL.

Quick Reply: Option in the g for more sound! For free.