Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

What is the deal with call waiting/switching calls?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:19 AM
ballz3
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like I'm running v4.6.0.304. I didn't even realize there was a 5 out; I recently upgraded to my current version (about 3 weeks ago).
Old 08-20-2010, 06:52 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G-zuss
My 2010 doesn't show the incoming call or give me an option to switch over when I'm on a call. In fact, it doesn't even show who is calling on my phone which is really odd. I'm using a Droid X.
I have the same problem, I notice the background beeps that someone is calling through. There is no indication on the screen and it does not allow me to switch calls. I'm using an Evo.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:42 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, never realized this until i read this thread, tested it out in my 2010 with Nav and the phone will beep one time then it will send the call to voicemail. This was on my samsung, ill have to check and see how it works with my Blackberry. I dont think this system allows incoming calls while u are on the phone. Btw I already got the TSB for the iphone installed on my car. I also noted that the user manual doesn't have this function listed.

Last edited by maxfinity; 08-21-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:24 PM
majin ssj eric

Hmmm. Luckily nobody ever calls me so I don't seem to have this problem...
Old 09-04-2010, 03:40 PM
iandi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just spoke with Infiniti USA 1(800)662-6200 with a very pleasant call agent who said that they have had some calls about this, are starting to be aware of this issue but he is not sure if they are working on it or not. I registered a formal complaint (he was happy to take it because he said that he is having the same problem with his 2010). I would think that the more people call, the more likely this will be fixed.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:33 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

My neighbour has an 2011 Infiniti M56S and he has the same issues. He said the call waiting function doesn't work.

It sounds like it's a 2010-2011 model problem and not a phone problem.

Last edited by JohnEnglish; 09-05-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:58 PM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by iandi
I just spoke with Infiniti USA 1(800)662-6200 with a very pleasant call agent who said that they have had some calls about this, are starting to be aware of this issue but he is not sure if they are working on it or not. I registered a formal complaint (he was happy to take it because he said that he is having the same problem with his 2010). I would think that the more people call, the more likely this will be fixed.
I will be giving them a call. Im starting to miss some very important phone calls due to this issue. If they can fix the iphone issue they should be able to fix this issue as well. Hopefully we will get another TSB.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:29 PM
iandi

I've been searching online and it seems to be an issue not just for the G37, but for other 2010 Inifiniti and Nissan models. I'm not sure if it's limited to Nav only...honestly, I would easily give up the Nav to have call waiting as even a cheaper Garmin would be able to handle all these functions (including call waiting). For the price of the Nav upgrade, this is unacceptable . Other threads on this topic:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...with-navi.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...bluetooth.html

Warning: 2011 Infiniti cars DO NOT Support Call Waiting on the iPhone - Page 3 - Mac Forums

Bluetooth / call waiting question - Nissan Forums: Nissan Enthusiast Forum

2010 Nissan Maxima SV Review | Automoblog.net

Infiniti FX Owners Forum (The Org) • View topic - 2010 FX50 navigation system quirks (incl. XM NavTraffic)
Old 09-14-2010, 04:50 PM
maxfinity

Update

Spoke with consumer affairs and was basically told that none of the 2010 models with nav (not sure about non - nav vehicles)support Call waiting. I asked was their some type of fix and was told that their is nothing to fix. Thats just not a feature for the 2010 models. I asked why and he stated he didn't know himself. When the sticker say bluetooth handfree phone system you assume it will support most call functions, most definitely call waiting. You would more so expect it if the previous models supported this function as well. Obviously upset I filed a complaint and I encourage others to do so as well. He said their will most likely be a fix for future models but not the current models. Since this is a harddrive based system i would think a fix would be easy to come by. Either way, Im still missing calls when im on the phone via bluetooth in the car.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:16 PM
salerngo45

mine dont work either it beeps and my phone shows someone calling but it only rings once i have iphone 3g
Old 11-21-2010, 09:56 AM
iandi

?Update? I read on the mac rumours forums that one of their members was told by their infiniti dealer that a fix is iminent (was supposed to come out end of Oct). Has anyone heard anything...would love to get the no call waiting bug fixed...update anyone?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:17 AM
bresbones

just noticed that i also cannot get the call waiting feature to work..2nd call goes right to voicemail without giving me an option to see or answer it? Have the 2010 and using iphone 4...any recent fix to this?
Old 01-19-2011, 02:51 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by bresbones
just noticed that i also cannot get the call waiting feature to work..2nd call goes right to voicemail without giving me an option to see or answer it? Have the 2010 and using iphone 4...any recent fix to this?
I think this is the fix.

ITB10066
IF YOU CONFIRM One or more of the following is occurring on an Applied Vehicle: -- Audio streaming via Bluetooth is "choppy" or "clipped." -- "Calculating Route" takes an extended period of time (2-5 minutes) to complete. -- "Could not find aroute" displays when attempting to calculate a route. -- Voice Recognition sequence takes too many steps. -- With a device connected, the Navigation system reboots. -- When a hands-free call via Bluetooth is in progress and another call comes i n ("call waiting"), there is no function available to answer the incoming call. AND The Navigation system Program Version is not X1U72001 or X2U32001. ACTION Load the Reprogramming Software DVD referenced in the Parts Information section. See this bulletin for further detail.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 AM
poolshark01

2011 with Nav and mine does display "Switch Call" as an option but it does not display who the second caller is. I have to look at my phone to see the second caller. Any idea if this update also will include the caller ID on display for second call?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by poolshark01
2011 with Nav and mine does display "Switch Call" as an option but it does not display who the second caller is. I have to look at my phone to see the second caller. Any idea if this update also will include the caller ID on display for second call?
You may already have the update, My 2010 with nav doesn't even acknowledge that another call is coming through. Sends the call straight to voicemail. At least you get the option to switch calls.

Quick Reply: What is the deal with call waiting/switching calls?