Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

How to change music track timer display?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Marc Collins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to change music track timer display?

A painfully simple request...that required just the simple push of a button or toggle 25 years ago: how do you get a music track to display the time REMAINING when it is playing instead of the time that it has been playing so far?

I guess it wasn't obvious enough to the software wizards at Nissan that showing the time played so far is completely useless information unless, i) they also show the total time for the track (which they don't), or ii) you have memorized the length of every track you are listening to. Time REMAINING gives all the information you need in one simple display, which is why in the olden days of non-computerized stereos, it was standard procedure.

Is there a way to change our displays? (2009 w/nav here, because I have also found out the hard way with bluetooth and other features that it matters which year and version you have!).

Thanks in advance.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message -->
Old 05-13-2010, 03:48 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe not. I haven't encountered any option like that and there's nothing about it in the manual.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:11 AM
carz

there is no such option
Old 05-14-2010, 10:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
There have been exactly zero recent discussions in here regarding the lack of this feature, so most people don't even notice or care that it's not there. I'm guessing that's why the "software wizards" didn't bother with it.

What's the issue? Are you trying to time your drives to coincide with the length of your Lady Gaga track?
Old 05-14-2010, 11:04 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
It'd be nice to see remaining time. Some people just like knowing how much is left on a song...
Old 05-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Marc Collins

Originally Posted by 15951
There have been exactly zero recent discussions in here regarding the lack of this feature, so most people don't even notice or care that it's not there. I'm guessing that's why the "software wizards" didn't bother with it.

What's the issue? Are you trying to time your drives to coincide with the length of your Lady Gaga track?
I am sure all the equipment that has done this for 40 years had no reason whatsoever. Why don't you tell us why no one needs any info besides individual track time remaining.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:55 PM
pyctici

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 15951

LOL No that would be ChoyBoy
Old 05-14-2010, 05:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Marc Collins
I am sure all the equipment that has done this for 40 years had no reason whatsoever. Why don't you tell us why no one needs any info besides individual track time remaining.
Huh? Personally, I don't look at any of it - time elapsed, time remaining, etc. It's of no consequence to me. I'm not making a mix CD while I'm driving, so the length of each track doesn't matter.

What would be nice, IMO, would be a list of the previous and next song in smaller text above/below the current track being played for preview purposes.