Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2009 Infiniti G37x no iPod or USB jack?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 01:36 PM
roninsoldier83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Infiniti G37x no iPod or USB jack?

So, I just recently bought a used 2009 Infiniti G37x. I did not go through the car thoroughly when I bought it, but I was under the impression that all '09 G37x's had an iPod/USB port. Well, I went to connect my iPod to the car after I bought it, and was shocked to see no iPod or USB connector?!? Instead the car has RCA jacks, which, I can buy a headphone to RCA cable and hook it up through the RCA jacks, but I'm kind of bummed that I won't be able to control my iPod through the stereo controls.

It appears as though my car came with the sub-par base stereo system, not sure if that matters. Weren't all the 08-09's supposed to come with iPod jacks? Is there something I'm missing or someplace I'm not looking? I don't see a jack anywhere in the center console, just the RCA jacks. Is that right?

Thanks in advance!

-Brandon
Old 04-08-2010, 02:24 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
No premium package?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:27 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by roninsoldier83
So, I just recently bought a used 2009 Infiniti G37x. I did not go through the car thoroughly when I bought it, but I was under the impression that all '09 G37x's had an iPod/USB port. Well, I went to connect my iPod to the car after I bought it, and was shocked to see no iPod or USB connector?!? Instead the car has RCA jacks, which, I can buy a headphone to RCA cable and hook it up through the RCA jacks, but I'm kind of bummed that I won't be able to control my iPod through the stereo controls.

It appears as though my car came with the sub-par base stereo system, not sure if that matters. Weren't all the 08-09's supposed to come with iPod jacks? Is there something I'm missing or someplace I'm not looking? I don't see a jack anywhere in the center console, just the RCA jacks. Is that right?

Thanks in advance!

-Brandon
You don't have the premium package. And there are ZERO 09's with a USB port. They got the CF card port, the 2010's have the USB port. But the premium package is what determines if you have the center console iPod hookup
Old 04-08-2010, 02:30 PM
cruzmisl

Teaches people to know more about the car they're going to buy.

Like that guy that just bought a 6MT that the prev owners jacked the big brakes out of.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
Teaches people to know more about the car they're going to buy.

Like that guy that just bought a 6MT that the prev owners jacked the big brakes out of.
haha yeah THAT sucks. but at least he has a really good reason to get a BBK

to the OP...in the future I would make sure to know the differences between all the different models of the car you are looking at...
Old 04-08-2010, 02:39 PM
roninsoldier83

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
No premium package?
Unfortunately not.

Oh well, I suppose it could be worse. Thanks for the quick replies!

I didn't look into the specs of the 2009's too much, just checked Infiniti's site, looked at the 2010's and made an assumption that they all had USB ports haha. I guess that will teach me, haha.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:58 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
you can tell right from the manual adjusting steering wheel, no memory seats, and the cheapo rearview mirror in the base cars
Old 04-08-2010, 03:03 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Unfortunately not.

Oh well, I suppose it could be worse. Thanks for the quick replies!

I didn't look into the specs of the 2009's too much, just checked Infiniti's site, looked at the 2010's and made an assumption that they all had USB ports haha. I guess that will teach me, haha.

worst thing you can do when buying something haha
Old 04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
cruzmisl

Originally Posted by da mayor
you can tell right from the manual adjusting steering wheel, no memory seats, and the cheapo rearview mirror in the base cars
But even without those things, still a great car.

Enjoy
Old 04-08-2010, 03:06 PM
roninsoldier83

Originally Posted by da mayor
Yeah, I'm more of a gearhead by nature, coming from a 2006 STI, which are pretty much all stripped down. I made sure to study the tech specs, and was impressed with the intake cam (or lack of camshaft/twin input/actuator shafts) design, the aggressive gearing in the 7-speed (this is my first auto, my last 7 cars have been manuals) and the double-wishbones (vs. Subaru's sub-par inverted MacPherson strut design).

Although I have to admit, I've never really paid much attention to interior features haha. I'm also kind of shocked that a car that starts at $35k-36k (G37x) didn't come with an iPod/USB jack standard. Car has a moonroof, heated seats ect, but no iPod jack... lol, fair enough.

Oh well, for the price I got it for (dirt cheap IMO), I'm not too angry about it.

Live and learn.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:10 PM
roninsoldier83

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
worst thing you can do when buying something haha
No s***.... that's fairly uncalled for, as it's already been stated numerous times. I started a thread to answer a couple simple questions, not to be ridiculed repeatedly. I can take a good ribbing, but repeatedly stating the obvious is unnecessary.

I'm actually a little shocked that there seems to be less maturity on this board than there was on IWSTI (given the different "target markets")... although, to be fair, so far you guys have Nasioc beat by a long-shot haha.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:52 AM
fuzemagazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No s***.... that's fairly uncalled for, as it's already been stated numerous times. I started a thread to answer a couple simple questions, not to be ridiculed repeatedly. I can take a good ribbing, but repeatedly stating the obvious is unnecessary.

I'm actually a little shocked that there seems to be less maturity on this board than there was on IWSTI (given the different "target markets")... although, to be fair, so far you guys have Nasioc beat by a long-shot haha.
I'm with you on this. I have the same model as you and have been hesitant to ask questions. Instead, I've spent 3 days looking thru all the posts on here and G35driver for answers. Either way, there is still a means of connecting your IPOD via the RCA connectors via 2 of the apple cables. Just depends on which IPOD you have.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 PM
jms515

I know I am reviving a ridiculously old thread. I have an 09 G37S, AFAIK the G37S does not have premium package, but it has navigation, I bought the car used without the ipod cable. In the center console, on the left I have a cigarette lighter charger and the right I have the rca jacks, under the rca jacks is another port, also with a cover which I cant test since I do not have the ipod cable. Is that the IPOD port?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:25 AM
jaykellogg

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jms515
I know I am reviving a ridiculously old thread. I have an 09 G37S, AFAIK the G37S does not have premium package, but it has navigation, I bought the car used without the ipod cable. In the center console, on the left I have a cigarette lighter charger and the right I have the rca jacks, under the rca jacks is another port, also with a cover which I cant test since I do not have the ipod cable. Is that the IPOD port?
I believe it is. There are cables for sale on eBay. If the port you are referring to is rectangular with a flexible plastic cover.

Does you car have memory seats? (Buttons on driver's door).

here is one for 99¢ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-Infin...vxp=mtr&_uhb=1
Old 02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Seller wont ship to Canada (((

Quick Reply: 2009 Infiniti G37x no iPod or USB jack?