Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Review Greddy Informeter Touch rec'd

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:00 PM
ifinity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Greddy Informeter Touch rec'd

Have this under vendors, but wanted to put under electronics for more comments: <!-- message -->HpAuto, Andy, got it to me very quickly after figuring out my Visa gift card could be processed via Paypal (~$348 shipped vs. $395list).

However, Greddy Informeter Touch hook up could be explained better for G37 (since "Nissan" does not seem to work and Infiniti is not refered to): for instance, did not need provided cigarette lighter adapter, just hook red (Touch) wire to Orange wire from OBD (Data Link Connector cable) which turns on/off with engine running/ready, vs. Red wire from OBD side that would leave 12V power [only thing that would work, but helpful to see battery state before turning anything else on] to the Touch continuously (factory says that could run down [G37:weak] battery; and anyway, communication retries are continuous without Ignition ready/running, so red is not the right choice; however, continuous power may be best option for more immediate viewing/setting if a manual switch was added to cut power when not needed). Owners Manual provided is 84pgs japanese, 20pgs english, but enough to get going with.

Cables provide about 5ft of distance to try to position unit (did not want on top of dash, but hard to find an open close side spot that would not be blocked by hands or arms). Did not use pivoting bracket provided plus a thin double stick tape. But maybe keeping the Touch as a portable meter and then being able to take it over to our Camry or other Nippon cars would be better?

see my cheapass install and screen details: http://rides.webshots.com/album/567129981FioPWG

Setup: Vehicle choice of "Nissan" communication setting did not connect (battery V only), but "ISOCAN" connection looks like it will be working for most parameters. T-P site translated vehicle list showed "fit out" instead of "nissan" for comm type for Skyline 37, so maybe ISOCAN is as good as it gets?

Gear position# [setup has you enter speed for each gear at 2500rpm], speed, Power (hp), FuelSys, Injector, A/F, and AnalogV indications offered do not seem to work. Tach, fuel economy are provided by G37, although you might want to record (up to 5 parameters) for 15min for some reason (recording is neat: can play back slow or fast also). Scan under DTC seems to work, but nothing found. The proper range setting for some signals, and warning hi/lo settings, I am not certain of. (PLEASE I will take any help on proper ranges or other setup tricks to get full use? Can other devices be linked in via unused terminals available on cable into Touch?).

Nice looking, fairly easy to setup/use, for up to 6 parameters at once. Parameters that are supposed to work per their vehicle chart: G37 08-on V36 VQ37 ISOCAN TACHO SPEED IGNTIMING THROTTLE THROTTLE% WATER[temp] [air]INTEMP AIRFLOW AIRFLOW% POWER TRIP FUELSYS STERMFT[short term fuel trim?] STERMFTR LTERMFT[long term fuel trim?] LTERMFT2 O2V O2V2 BATTERY DTC DTCCLEAR

[www.trust-power.com for Japanese site that can be translated via Google. Also, do searches for more sites and download funky manual from Greddy http://www.greddy.com/products/displ...SubCategory=56.]

I think the Data Link Connector / OBD communication is probably crippled / limited for the G37. Blitz mentions that details visible vary for each vehicle. http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/Product-177.aspx
Autoenginuity for >$1100 might be the only way to see all sensors like the Nissan dealer Consult system: http://www.autoenginuity.com/ScreenC...ensorList1.htm

3-1-09: Bouncing around the Trust site, it looks like there may be an update for software from the ver1.03, which I have, to Ver1.04. Maybe this will update the software for the G37? It is all Japanese to me at this time...I will call Andy at HPAuto to see if this is true. Greddy has not responded to my emails, which is a bit poor.

3-20-09: see GNLuver installation info:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...n-install.html
Still waiting for info from Greddy/HPAutoworks if I need ver1.04.
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->2008plat,blk,premium,nav,moon; new voice sw limit sucks!
Attached Thumbnails Greddy Informeter Touch rec'd-090206-win-live-mail-cid_c014657711a5419abb62ba1cd23b387a-hpquad.jpg  

Last edited by ifinity; 03-21-2009 at 04:04 AM. Reason: new info
Old 05-03-2009, 01:56 PM
ifinity

Greddy (nor HPAuto, Andy) has not responded for weeks on my question about upgrading to version 1.04 and whether that will enable seeing the power and other readouts on the Touch. Beware of this product if you expect service from Greddy. Disappointing service from Greddy, at least. HPAuto is dependent on them as well for a response. Greddy seemed to have a clogged email system at one time as well, but I have sent to both, and even sent inquiries to the trust-power.com site, but their English ability may not be available. Anyone else with the Informeter Touch on the G37?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:15 AM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear about your problems. never been a fan of greddy electronics for our cars.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:32 AM
ifinity

It is a nice looking device, neat 15min record function (but recorded info disappears at power off). Gnluver? seemed to be able to see Power function with a Manual transmission, but would like to "hear" him confirm that and his software version.