Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Radio presets WTF, mate?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Mine definitely just started the last week or so
Old 08-13-2008, 07:49 PM
xdram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow this is weird! I just noticed it today, and came on here to do a search to see if anyone else reported it and see all you guys that have had this problem within the last week or so! Virus? LOL... Maybe someone was getting fired and put a timebomb in the system.

I'll have to let them swap my a/v unit to fix it. I know I can just reprogram them but I might as well waste their money for cheaping out on my voice recognition...
Old 08-15-2008, 01:56 PM
BMWkilla

I hope the dealership will replace the A/V unit with the new voice recognition commands that the 09' will have does anybody know this if thats the case I want mine replaced with that unit and if not yet I will hold off until dealrships are replacing defect old A/V units with new more up to date voice recognition commands!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll find out next week... I'm having my A/V unit replaced because of this...
Old 08-15-2008, 04:36 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how long does the a/v swap take? are all infiniti dealers notified of this recall?
Old 08-19-2008, 04:07 AM
Kev G37S

sigh.. it just happened to me tonight!! I knew I'm not the only one (Sorry!) but I was thinking maybe it was the non-working XM presets?? I'm gonna try to delete them tomorrow and see if that's the problem.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Originally Posted by Kev G37S
sigh.. it just happened to me tonight!! I knew I'm not the only one (Sorry!) but I was thinking maybe it was the non-working XM presets?? I'm gonna try to delete them tomorrow and see if that's the problem.

Doubt it because mine only does it on the "A" group and for me those are all terestrial radio
Old 08-19-2008, 04:01 PM
marsb007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I just visited the stealership a few days ago at the instruction of the service consultant...

Before setting up the meeting to show them what the problem was, I explained to them what the problem was over the phone.

Then I met with the service consultant, only to be told I'd have to make an appointment to have a technician take a look at it (of course that begs the question why I'm meeting with that a-hole to begin with).

Nonetheless, the brainiac proceeded to let me know it probably is a "button problem" although the button works fine on the other presets...

After I tried to explain to him why his reasoning is incorrect, I also proceeded to show him a copy of the TSB that I had brought along. Surprisingly enough, he became very infuriated and started questioning me as far as where I got the TSB from, and told me it's proprietary Infiniti material and that I should never have it...

About at this point I revealed I am an attorney, and that I really don't care what his personal policy is on the matter, and that his dumb idea obviously is not the problem and Infiniti knows about it (as they issued the TSB)... Guess it made him a little mad.

Regardless, he told me there is nothing he can do right then, and scheduled an appointment for me to drop the vehicle off so that a technician can take a look at it. I also inquired as far as him ordering the AV control unit as per the TSB, and he told me that he can't do that UNTIL the technician checks off on it.

So tomorrow I have an appointment for the technician to let me know what I already know, and tell me to bring the car in for a third time. Gotta love Infiniti service.

This car is on its way of becoming a lemon very quickly at this pace...
Old 08-19-2008, 05:13 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by marsb007
I'm in south florida too so which Infiniti dealer did you go to?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, I just visited the stealership a few days ago at the instruction of the service consultant...

Before setting up the meeting to show them what the problem was, I explained to them what the problem was over the phone.

Then I met with the service consultant, only to be told I'd have to make an appointment to have a technician take a look at it (of course that begs the question why I'm meeting with that a-hole to begin with).

Nonetheless, the brainiac proceeded to let me know it probably is a "button problem" although the button works fine on the other presets...

After I tried to explain to him why his reasoning is incorrect, I also proceeded to show him a copy of the TSB that I had brought along. Surprisingly enough, he became very infuriated and started questioning me as far as where I got the TSB from, and told me it's proprietary Infiniti material and that I should never have it...

About at this point I revealed I am an attorney, and that I really don't care what his personal policy is on the matter, and that his dumb idea obviously is not the problem and Infiniti knows about it (as they issued the TSB)... Guess it made him a little mad.

Regardless, he told me there is nothing he can do right then, and scheduled an appointment for me to drop the vehicle off so that a technician can take a look at it. I also inquired as far as him ordering the AV control unit as per the TSB, and he told me that he can't do that UNTIL the technician checks off on it.

So tomorrow I have an appointment for the technician to let me know what I already know, and tell me to bring the car in for a third time. Gotta love Infiniti service.

Wow.. Surprised he was acting that way... I called Riverside Infiniti, told them my problem, read them the TSB number, and have an appointment scheduled to have them remove and replace the A/V Unit first thing this Saturday Morning... Said it shouldn't take more than an hour, and that's with installing a new replacement muffler too... Once again, Riverside Infiniti FTW
Old 08-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

It totally depends on the location. I called Lokey and my service advisor said no worries just bring it in when you get your next service and we will take care of it.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:29 PM
xdram

OMG.... I hate people like that, what does he care? does the a/v unit cost come out of his personal pocket? Infiniti pays and gives him a job to install it. Find a new dealer. Good job bringing the TSB with you! That's exactly what I'm doing.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:08 PM
marsb007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BTW, the dealer here in So. Fla. that's giving me all these problems is South Motors Infiniti.

As much as I hate being a little bitch, I think it's time to meet the service manager...

And in a sick, twisted kinda logic, when they do replace the AV control unit, I hope it's the one missing all of these voice commands... it'll just give me all that many more reasons to start bitching and bringing my car in a few more times...
Old 08-20-2008, 03:24 AM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a question which may or may not be related. If we've installed a grounding kit, should we remove it prior to taking the car in for this issue so Infiniti doesn't try to blame it on this mod?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Kuningan2

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Doubt it because mine only does it on the "A" group and for me those are all terestrial radio
Me too. My first 3 buttons on A are all local stations, not XM. And yes, this all started for me in the last week or two as well. I've reset the offending button with no luck but will try re-setting them all before taking it in for a fix.

Quick Reply: Radio presets WTF, mate?