Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Voice Recognition Cheat Sheet

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 04:28 AM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
anybody still have this cheat sheet? cant DL from link anymore.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:02 AM
xixonmn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Voice Recognition Cheat She...pdf
The following users liked this post:
KingG37x (07-07-2020)
Old 09-24-2010, 03:22 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks xixonmn!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:42 AM
TraderAlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi-where is the link to the cheat sheet? I would love ot get a copy, but I don't see the link.
Thanks/Alex
Old 07-25-2011, 01:36 PM
TraderAlex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheat sheet command list does not apply to 2011 sedan?

Ok, I found the cheat sheet command list and printed it out. Lot of nice commands, there, which I would like to use. But they don't seem to apply to a 2011 G37 Sport 6MT sedan? I have tried the climate control commands, satellite radio commands (cannot pull up specific station), and Music Box commands (can turn it on/off by voice, but can't select by voice). So what gives? Did the coupes get upgrades that the sedans don't have? Or did the manufacturer water down the system for MY 2011? I have the NAV and premium sound with the larger capacity hard drive. It is a little wierd to see that the audio system in my daugther's 2011 Fiesta can do more by voice command than my new G.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 AM
tejasg37x

Originally Posted by weave
I wonder if they actually took this out of the programing or if it is "hidden" somewhere in there....???
This is probably the case...I used to work for a Japanese company that makes equipment for the semiconductor industry. It had a very sophisticated operating system that had different versions for each customer we sold the equipment to...but, everything was still there on each piece of equipment, it was just activated differently for whatever version the customer had. We knew how to access every version, but the customer did not. It all depended on what version they paid for.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:46 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TraderAlex
Ok, I found the cheat sheet command list and printed it out. Lot of nice commands, there, which I would like to use. But they don't seem to apply to a 2011 G37 Sport 6MT sedan? I have tried the climate control commands, satellite radio commands (cannot pull up specific station), and Music Box commands (can turn it on/off by voice, but can't select by voice). So what gives? Did the coupes get upgrades that the sedans don't have? Or did the manufacturer water down the system for MY 2011? I have the NAV and premium sound with the larger capacity hard drive. It is a little wierd to see that the audio system in my daugther's 2011 Fiesta can do more by voice command than my new G.
Yes they "watered down" the system for 10/11 with the hi res screens.
...but which one would you rather drive
Old 09-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
So I have been trying to figure out how to find destinations with out going through a ton of crap. Maybe I am missing something. On my phone with voice command once I go into to voice all I have to do is say "find starbucks" it pops everyone up in the area and I just tell it which to choose. Trying to find a coffee shop or a starbucks on voice command seems near impossible unless I am sitting right next to one. What gives? I turned on the alternatice comand but it didn't seem to make much difference. Can someone tell me an easy way to find destinations with out having to go through 10 catagories to not find it anyway?

FYI my garmin even with out voice will find me a starbucks in seconds and only cost 200........On the car even manually it is a royal pain!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:28 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Tazicon
So I have been trying to figure out how to find destinations with out going through a ton of crap. Maybe I am missing something. On my phone with voice command once I go into to voice all I have to do is say "find starbucks" it pops everyone up in the area and I just tell it which to choose. Trying to find a coffee shop or a starbucks on voice command seems near impossible unless I am sitting right next to one. What gives? I turned on the alternatice comand but it didn't seem to make much difference. Can someone tell me an easy way to find destinations with out having to go through 10 catagories to not find it anyway?

FYI my garmin even with out voice will find me a starbucks in seconds and only cost 200........On the car even manually it is a royal pain!
Typing...you don't have to go through categories at all, specifically if you know the name of what you are looking for...like Starbucks

When the following screen appears, touch 'All Categories or Name' at the top of the screen and then type 'Starbucks'. In many cases it will even use predictive autofill to type the name for you once you have the first few letters input.
Attachment 88809

If you already have a destination running then you can also select "places along route".

Now the bad thing...you can't type anything while the car is in motion...so pull over or install something like the nav interface module made by KPTechnologies.

You can't use Voice Commands to say the name of a place by it's business name. It doesn't work.. More than happy to have someone correct me if I am wrong on this though

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 01-27-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I will give that a try when I get home. I went through the Nav book last night and finally gave up.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
thanks for the all the infO!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:59 PM
shanezam203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone have NAV voice commands such as Destination Home or Drive To: name in address book?

Thanks,

Shane
Old 11-09-2011, 06:38 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

^ Yes

Enable 'alternate command mode'

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 01-27-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:13 AM
shanezam203

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
^ Yes Enable 'alternate command mode'

Thanks. I can say Destination HOME and drive home, can I also say Destination (a name in my address book)?
Or find nearest Chinese Food? Maybe Places, nearest Chinese Restaurant?

Last edited by shanezam203; 11-17-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:48 AM
TheIvoryG

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Yes they "watered down" the system for 10/11 with the hi res screens.
...but which one would you rather drive
I've had both...and I will say...I miss the old voice command ability. The new res screen is cool...but the "watered down" voice commands is easily one of my biggest frustrations going form 07 to 10. Just doesn't make sense...and I hate $hit that doesn't make sense.

Quick Reply: Voice Recognition Cheat Sheet