General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Battery issues. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Yashpatel21
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Battery issues. Help!

Hello I am new to the G and this site and I have some questions regarding a 2008 g37s Coupe I just purchased. I've had it for only about three weeks now and it has 42k miles on it.

Starting last week, everything was fine and I came to class and after class I went to my car and she wouldn't start. All electronics in car were working fine but she just wouldn't start. Then I remebered that I had left the auto lights on so I got a jump from a friend and I was good. The car ran fine the rest of the week. The next time was a couple days later, me and my friend sat in the car and just listened to music for about 20 minutes and the battery died again and the car wouldn't start. I needed a jump. The following day I went to a local auto part store and had them check my battery and they said everything was fine.

Later that week I parked my car in my garage over night and it sat for about 16-20 hours I didn't use it much. When I go to enter my car I notice the key isn't working and I go to the trunk and nothing elctronically is working. So I have to manually open the car with the actual key and then I'm stuck again so I go to read some forums and I figure out how to unlock the shift lock out the car in neutral and roll back so I could get another jump. The car seems to be fine the rest of the night. This was on Saturday. Now yesterday, Monday, I went to the gym the car was fine. I made sure nothing was left on and plugged in and when I came back, the elctronics would start up and be fine but the car wouldn't start. It's choke for a couple seconds so I'd try again and then it got to the point where it would choke for not even half a second before dying. So once again, I got a jump. This morning, I go to get into my car again and she won't start again, I quickly get a jump and go to school. I don't know what the problem is but I've read some threads talking about BCM replacement. The nearest infinti dealer is an hour away the all the cars warranties have expired. Any suggestions or ideas?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Your car is 6 years old. I'm presuming it has the original battery. You mentioned engaging in activities that run the battery down twice (left headlights on, listening to music without engine running).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe you should look into replacing your 6 year old battery that's showing signs that it can't hold up to stressful stuff you put it through.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:38 PM
Yashpatel21
Registered Member

Thanks.

I was thinking of this but even when I didn't have things on the car wouldn't still start. But any suggestions on replacement battery?
Old 10-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Yashpatel21
I was thinking of this but even when I didn't have things on the car wouldn't still start. But any suggestions on replacement battery?
Exide 24FX Global Extreme. It will not come up as a direct replacement for your battery, it's listed as a fit for the M37. However it will fit in your car. It has more CCA than the G37 application (800 CCA vs 585 CCA). It has a 40 month free replacement/108 month pro rated warranty vs the 30 month replacement/84 month pro rated for the G37 application.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:49 PM
Yashpatel21
Registered Member

I really appreciate your input. I most likely will get that battery and if the problem persists I'll take the car into a dealer. Thanks again!!