Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:49 PM
SomeName
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by j50ny
Lmao.....I was going to say it was a custom dash and cost a boat load of bucks to do it!

But yeah, it's an EX35. Crossover built on a G37 platform
Ah, okay. I would have figured it out eventually..
And yes, I have been stalking 390/590/490 looking for Rochester's G. I've never paid so much attention to white cars before.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by SomeName
And yes, I have been stalking 390/590/490 looking for Rochester's G. I've never paid so much attention to white cars before.
LOL. I'm here, but some days I don't even drive it.

I'm on the northeast side of town. If you want to meet up, just ask. And if you want to convoy to the PA meet in August, that works, too.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:38 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Because that's not a G37. You're looking at his Crossover.

Oh hey, look at you here in Rochester, NY. Go figure.
You mean her not his lol
Old 05-04-2016, 06:38 PM
SomeName
Registered Member

LOL. I'm here, but some days I don't even drive it.

I'm on the northeast side of town. If you want to meet up, just ask. And if you want to convoy to the PA meet in August, that works, too.
Northeast huh, where life is worth living? I'm in East Rochester. I'll have to keep you posted on meeting up. My newfound desire to mod (thanks to all of you) has me working OT the next couple weekends. It has already paid for the rjm pedal. Which should arrive next week
Also, I'm still not sure about the August meet. That's something I'll have to time very carefully when asking the wife for permission.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Rochester
Administrator

No. Irondequoit. Where life is worth living on the other side of the Bay from where life is worth living.

RJM? Wait, are you saying I'm NOT the only 6MT Sedan in Rochester?

God damn it.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:23 AM
SomeName
Registered Member

No. Irondequoit. Where life is worth living on the other side of the Bay from where life is worth living.

RJM? Wait, are you saying I'm NOT the only 6MT Sedan in Rochester?

God damn it.
Ha Ha Haaaaa! That's right. I had to fly to AZ to get it. Only had 16k miles and was priced like it had 50.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by SomeName
Ha Ha Haaaaa! That's right. I had to fly to AZ to get it. Only had 16k miles and was priced like it had 50.
Wow. That's a serious pursuit. I took the train to NYC and then over to New Jersey to get mine four years ago.

OK, we've whored this thread enough. Start a progress thread, and I'll follow you there.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:37 PM
bigmike35nj

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I got the dc ceramics headers installed today. They definitely added more bass to the exhaust. Exactly the sound I was after. Didn't get to really test them out as far as power goes. But they fit the xsedan perfect
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Sedan today?-image.jpeg  
Old 05-05-2016, 08:24 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Went to dealer again to have a leaky power steering hose replaced. Upon replacing they noticed another leaky power steering hose. How does this happen? My power steering is noisy and now im concerned that at some point the system may have been run low or dry. How concerned should i be about the pump or rack going bad? Is there anything i can do aside from monitor things?
Old 05-05-2016, 09:19 PM
R35sedan
R35SEDAN #4

Location: In NJ, Hunterdon County Equally far from NYC and Philadelphia
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Today I am still doing some work to my 09 g37xS sedan's transmission. I have been having difficulty with the dealer by me even though I have owned 4 Infiniti's and bought nearly all of them there. I swear they are not getting another penny from me. And I am going to rub the new one with the 3.0tt I have been waiting for since I bought my first g in 2005. But never buy a new model. I know from my friends who bought 08 &early 09 4dr g35's will tell you the same thing. Anyway my transmission was not staying in park and of course I assumed that it was the random stuck penny or something like that but found I have actually bent the rod which goes into the parking and reverse slots to release the locks. So I took it apart and while I am doing it I figured I should switch to the newer version of the auto-stick's wiring harness and the sensors. So I am actually making a few modifications to the shifter which are needed mainly because the new switches are far larger then the ones on my 09 so the old mounts need cut off and a new way to keep the new ones in place is needed. I am using a method of welding plastic I learned a while back. Then she's overdue for fresh body parts and paint. When she also has the factory clear removed and replaced for an acrylic clear. Idk what else after yet. Maybe wheels
Old 05-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Dreamerzcc

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Me too Hardwired it to the fuse box using the Passport smart cord.
My blend mount should be in tomorrow and I will mount and wire mine into my rear view mirror.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:58 AM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Went to dealer again to have a leaky power steering hose replaced. Upon replacing they noticed another leaky power steering hose. How does this happen? My power steering is noisy and now im concerned that at some point the system may have been run low or dry. How concerned should i be about the pump or rack going bad? Is there anything i can do aside from monitor things?
Mine is SUPER noisy now too. got really bad the last couple days. I'm going to get it checked out this weekend. you under warranty? how many damn hoses these have?
Old 05-06-2016, 11:46 AM
j50ny
Premier Member

Received 152 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Dreamerzcc
My blend mount should be in tomorrow and I will mount and wire mine into my rear view mirror.
Nice! I used the suction mounts that came with it. I have mine mounted up very high so you can't see it through the front windshield. Would've preferred a good mirror mount, but I didn't want the rd to be easily visible.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:48 PM
Dreamerzcc

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice! I used the suction mounts that came with it. I have mine mounted up very high so you can't see it through the front windshield. Would've preferred a good mirror mount, but I didn't want the rd to be easily visible.
Suction cups dont last long in Alabama heat.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:32 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by IracknBack
Mine is SUPER noisy now too. got really bad the last couple days. I'm going to get it checked out this weekend. you under warranty? how many damn hoses these have?
Yea still under factory warranty. No idea on hoses but so far two were leaking

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?