Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brushed Aluminum trim

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 09:26 PM
yonith

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Brushed Aluminum trim

I'm looking to add just a few tasteful pieces of brushed aluminum trim to add to the interior of my G37xS. The biggest spots that bother me are on the door right around where the window controls are. I'd consider other spots but these 4 places in particular bother me. It just looks cheap. My real challenge is finding a kit that matches the current brushed aluminum trim and doesn't look tacky. I bought samples from dashkitspecialties.com and figured I'd share a pic.

The Synthetic Brushed Aluminum looks the closest but the thick plastic coating makes it look ridiculous. You may also notice that the Real Brushed Aluminum scratches extremely easily. I'll reach out to other vendors to see if I can get samples.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
I wish my car had the wood grain. The silver scratches easily and when it is scratched it really shows
Old 11-28-2015, 01:06 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 233 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by lorentzoe45
I wish my car had the wood grain. The silver scratches easily and when it is scratched it really shows
I'm guessing that Nissan/Infiniti decided to leave the window switch area unfinished for this reason (i.e. high traffic). Aesthetically, I agree that the aluminum look would carry over nicely onto the switches.

How do these aftermarket interior upgrade products work? Do you buy a sheet of the material then cut out the specific shape to fit, then attach it using adhesive?

If so, it seems that one could build a little side business creating these enhancements.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:14 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I have tried some of these trim packages on other cars and they all look like garbage because they glue on top of the current trim and stick out too far. It looks much better if you can get a thin wrap like carbon fiber and have someone professionally install it.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:10 AM
yonith

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by socketz67
I'm guessing that Nissan/Infiniti decided to leave the window switch area unfinished for this reason (i.e. high traffic). Aesthetically, I agree that the aluminum look would carry over nicely onto the switches.

How do these aftermarket interior upgrade products work? Do you buy a sheet of the material then cut out the specific shape to fit, then attach it using adhesive?

If so, it seems that one could build a little side business creating these enhancements.

Each piece comes pre cut with an adhesive backing. It's essentially a sticker. The large kits can consist of 40ish pieces for a sedan!

UPDATE: The kind folks at dashkitmall.com responded to my request and will be mailing out samples. They don't charge for the sample pieces unlike the first place I tried. This is actually pretty cool of them since postage ain't free! I'll update the thread with pics when they arrive.