G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The madness continues....Qs everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 07:53 AM
Serpens

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The Q50 sold a little over 2400 units last month. Honestly it's getting it's lunch eaten by the Lexus IS in the Japanese compact-lux market. But then again...how can you expect anything different when they're basically giving away G37's? Things will align better when the Q30 gets here, the Q40/G37 dies, and the Q50 gets some breathing room.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Scalpel

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I've seen very few Q50's on the road. Based on that very unscientific observation, it seems to be an unpopular car (around here). But lets be honest, there's nothing about the Q50 that makes you take notice. So it's entirely possible there are more of them out there than it seems, simply because they're so inconspicuous.

Personally, if I wanted inconspicuous, I'd buy an old Mercury Marauder, or a 2006 GTO.
I have been seeing about 4 a day on the thruway around cny. My guess is they are putting some strong lease deals out there.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Actually the 3.6 starts at $55k,
the 2.0T starts at $46k
At any rate pretty high, but getting 10k off sticker probably wouldn't take too much work
CTS Sport Sedan Build Your Own | Cadillac
Strange...carsdirect.com has different starting prices even for the 3.6L. I was using "Base 2dr Rear-wheel Drive Coupe" as the start. The "3.6L Luxury 4dr Rear-wheel Drive Sedan" does start at close to 55K, but there are very few/almost no other options to add so thats pretty much the price of the car.

Originally Posted by Rochester
I've seen very few Q50's on the road. Based on that very unscientific observation, it seems to be an unpopular car (around here). But lets be honest, there's nothing about the Q50 that makes you take notice. So it's entirely possible there are more of them out there than it seems, simply because they're so inconspicuous.

Personally, if I wanted inconspicuous, I'd buy an old Mercury Marauder, or a 2006 GTO.
Funny thing is, the few Q50 I have seen on the road I wasnt sure they were Q50 until I saw the back end. Partial front end/side view the damn thing can be confused for the Lexus IS, Mazda 6, etc. I know Infiniti's logo is right up there on the front bumper but unless you see it dead on, from the side it looks like a whole ton of other cars. I even saw one from the side one day and figured it was a 3-series. Its ashame the Q ended up in that direction....the G was pretty recognizable vs "everything else". Its not just Infiniti with similar designs but it would have been nice for them to remain at least somewhat unique.