Sponsored by:

Covercraft Sun Shade for the G37 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Covercraft Sun Shade for the G37 Sedan

This is the Covercraft Sun Shade, cut to fit for the G37 Sedan, model UVS100.

This is a Sun Shade thread.

I never gave shades a lot of consideration, except every once in a while I'd think about finding a decent one, then just as quickly forget about it. Recently, there was a thread about a collapsible sun shade, and it inspired me to look into this again, and that led me to Covercraft. Sale went to AutoBarn.com, who drop-shipped it somewhere around $60 shipped. Because it was cut to fit, it took about 2 to 3 weeks from purchase to delivery.

That USV100 fabric label on the bottom left is stitched right in, but you can get under the fold and cut that off without cutting the stitching. The inside is a felt material, very soft on your dash.

I also ordered the bag, which is more of a cover than a carrying bag, with a very snug fit. Not so snug as to be a PITA, but still.

The outside is a reflective gold, but it’s a soft contrast, which I’m really happy about. I wanted gold, not Mike Tyson kind of gold.

Excuse the art work on the garage... I have two little girls who like to paint.

So far, it's a keeper.

The following 5 users liked this post by Rochester:
Bota36 (08-06-2014), conkus805 (09-23-2014), eurtsx (05-26-2015), jsheets (08-07-2014), twin_snails (08-06-2014)
Old 07-19-2013, 08:55 PM
tifosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for review Rochester.

I have been intending to buy this for a few days now. After you mentioned that it took 2 to 3 weeks from purchase to delivery, I am going to order this tonight ( otherwise by the time I receive this summer would be over).

I am going to order from here:
Covercraft Car Sun Shades - 3260+ Reviews on Covercraft Custom Windshield Sun Shades - UV Shield, Heat Shield
Old 07-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by tifosi

I have been intending to buy this for a few days now. After you mentioned that it took 2 to 3 weeks from purchase to delivery, I am going to order this tonight ( otherwise by the time I receive this summer would be over).

Covercraft Car Sun Shades - 3260+ Reviews on Covercraft Custom Windshield Sun Shades - UV Shield, Heat Shield
Nice. Happy that this helps.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:48 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Thanks for sharing the garage art, looks like a lot of fun has been had in there
I knew you'd be happy w/ those covers, they look nice and can't get a better fit.
I'll let you know about that velcro idea.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:27 AM
maximaseefu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the post. It really looks quality and fit is nice. I'm gonna have to order one to combat these FL summers.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:43 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
Thanks John for sharing the pics...looks real nice
The supplied "condom" will help protect it while it isn't being used.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Every new car I get I order one of these. Just got my 13 G37xs sport coupe and had one ready for it. Like a dork I sold the one with my sedan, thinking I'd not be getting another Infiniti but...
Old 07-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
I'll let you know about that velcro idea.
I don't think that's going to work, Newt. You have to either remove the access panel, or be OK with having it open all the time. It looks awkward open all the time, plus the shade won't sit flat in its bag on the access panel.

However (!), if you put the shade in its bag, and you pull down the armrest, the shade will sit perfectly on the armrest, snugly fit into the opening, with the access panel up not down.

And if you're worried about how secure this is while your chucking the car around (because racecar), I did a little test this afternoon. At one of our LOWES stores, the exit from the parking lot to the main road is a tight little "S" turn. If you come around the first bend hard enough to see there are no on-coming cars, you can play with the throttle and totally drift around the corner. Again, because racecar, LOL.

Anyway, and purely in the interest of scientific discovery, the shade didn't budge.

Last edited by Rochester; 07-20-2013 at 06:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (07-20-2013)
Old 07-20-2013, 10:38 PM
BLashG37xS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tifosi

Just bought one this evening from this same vendor. About $48 all-in (free shipping). Got the Blue Metallic for my Blue Slate/Stone leather 37xS. Stowing it will be a challenge versus the roll-ups (almost went with the WeatherTech roll-up model 2011 Infiniti G | WeatherTech TechShade custom fit sun shade sun visor cars, trucks, SUV, CUV, minivan | WeatherTech.com). We'll see. The gold one looks great with the white car. Nicely done.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by BLashG37xS
Just bought one this evening from this same vendor. About $48 all-in (free shipping). Got the Blue Metallic for my Blue Slate/Stone leather 37xS. Stowing it will be a challenge versus the roll-ups (almost went with the WeatherTech roll-up model 2011 Infiniti G | WeatherTech TechShade custom fit sun shade sun visor cars, trucks, SUV, CUV, minivan | WeatherTech.com). We'll see.
That's actually $53.94, if you include the bag. So I went back to my AutoBarn emails, and I was mistaken. It was $53.90 shipped. So I saved 4-cents, but that's only because I googled for a promo code. Just think of all the things I can do with that 4-cents. Seed money for a pair of RHFCs, perhaps.

Originally Posted by BLashG37xS
The gold one looks great with the white car. Nicely done.
Thanks! Welcome to the G Forum.

Last edited by Rochester; 07-21-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:06 AM
lightlypurified
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
i have a rose color on mine i didnt realize it would be so pink i should of gotten silver dammit yeah it also took 3 weeks to recieve mine as well.

Name:  NorthCoast-20130713-00128.jpg
Views: 2481
Size:  80.7 KB
Old 08-06-2014, 03:24 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
And if you're worried about how secure this is while your chucking the car around (because racecar), I did a little test this afternoon. At one of our LOWES stores, the exit from the parking lot to the main road is a tight little "S" turn. If you come around the first bend hard enough to see there are no on-coming cars, you can play with the throttle and totally drift around the corner. Again, because racecar, LOL.

Anyway, and purely in the interest of scientific discovery, the shade didn't budge.
Rochester, you always manage to make me laugh with the way you word your stories-- "purely in the interest of scientific discovery." The dry humor is duly appreciated.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
I like the custom fit concept and this would certainly help keep my black interior cool. I'd just have to take my V1 off every time I wanted to use it.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:24 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I like the custom fit concept and this would certainly help keep my black interior cool. I'd just have to take my V1 off every time I wanted to use it.
Just beware, these bad boys get hotter than hell, almost need gloves to handle them when removing in the afternoon. At least over here in the desert
Old 08-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Just beware, these bad boys get hotter than hell, almost need gloves to handle them when removing in the afternoon. At least over here in the desert
Yeah, thats the problem. And I cant imagine rolling without the V1. Because racecar.

Quick Reply: Covercraft Sun Shade for the G37 Sedan