G37 Sedan
View Poll Results: Do you hear the High-Pitch/Frequency Noise?
YES!
59.90%
NO!
40.10%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

High-Pitch/Frequency Noise Poll.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Chrisneb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask them to call the Infiniti tech line or Infiniti consumer affairs. Infiniti knows about this problem, so your dealership should be able to contact them and figure out what they need to do.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:06 AM
crazysmart

Does anybody have any magic reference number to tell Infiniti at all, because I've called consumer affairs several times and 3 different dealerships in north florida, and none of them ever heard of any high pitched noise problems with the 2009 g37 at all
Old 10-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Chrisneb

Originally Posted by crazysmart
Does anybody have any magic reference number to tell Infiniti at all, because I've called consumer affairs several times and 3 different dealerships in north florida, and none of them ever heard of any high pitched noise problems with the 2009 g37 at all
My dealership hadn't heard of this issue either. I simply told them that I heard that it was an ECM problem. The dealership ended up calling the Infiniti tech line who told them to order a replacement ECM. Previous posters have posted some new ECM part numbers.

I'm guessing the 2008 part number is : 23710-JK73D

Someone else claimed that 23710-1ND9C is another ECM part number. I think there is a 23710-1ND9D as well.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Chrisneb

As I stated earlier, after the dealership replaced my ECM, the noise came back. In addition to this, my cruise control stopped working. The dealership ordered some new AC control part that is supposed to match the new ECM revision. I'll have to wait a couple weeks before the part arrives.

For anyone who still can't get their dealership to recognize the sound, I have attached a recording of my car at idle with the high-frequency sound. I also attached a spectrum analysis that shows a blip at about 10 kHz.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1289418214

Attached Thumbnails High-Pitch/Frequency Noise Poll.-audacityspectrumanalysis.png  
Attached Files
File Type: zip
High-frequency.zip (31.4 KB, 272 views)
Old 11-22-2010, 03:31 PM
maloy

I have been following this thread for almost a year now.

My G37x had the ECM replaced 10 months ago, after which the noise went away but the check engine light came on. The dealer could not get rid of the check engine light, and kept telling me that they are waiting for a fix. Eventually I contacted Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and they had the dealer replace the ECM again. And what do you know... the noise is back now. I asked both the customer service rep and the dealer before-hand whether the new ECM will remain without the high pitch noise, and they assured me that it would. In fact now the noise is louder than ever.

And now the Infiniti consumer affairs seems to be giving me the run around to contact the dealer, and the dealer is saying they can't fix it. At this point I don't know what to do. Does anyone know if the Lemon Law will apply to something like this? They already tried to fix it twice, and didn't.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:51 AM
yaozer17

2008 G37 Coupe... bought it used and thought maybe i got hosed on a bad ride! glad to hear it's not just me with the problem. hopefully they diagnose it and come up with the fix. in the meantime, i'll just have to keep my music on!
Old 12-05-2010, 01:19 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
My dealer replaced mine, no problem. Said it was a known issue, and was on the Infiniti techline.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:30 PM
loninappleton

I read this whole 2 year thread and I feel like I know the members. Ozzys most recent post in here was an ECU replacement. Any followup on that?

Full disclosure is I have what I consider the same problem in a lowly Hyundai Elantra and am trying to figure out how to proceed.

One thing never addressed was whether The Big 3 wiring scheme was ever tried to fix the high pitched noise. Please give more details on that plus any
leads on technical service bulletins you may have discovered. What I learned from this forum ( like other posters) is that I'm not crazy and can expect a lot of hard looks from those who can't hear it.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:49 PM
fastlane45

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I installed a bb grounding kit a while back and it got rid of the noise and did everything else it was supposed to. Get yourselves one it works wonders!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:58 PM
loninappleton

Originally Posted by fastlane45
I installed a bb grounding kit a while back and it got rid of the noise and did everything else it was supposed to. Get yourselves one it works wonders!

Ok well, Black Betty said earlier that his kit is not the same as the Big Three or other mods and as I recall BB said he wish'd it did do the job of getting rid of the noise.

Please clarify.

Also my vehicle is under warranty for several years, how does such a mod effect these things in most instances?

I have never done any car mods and am totally a greenhorn with cars. But still as a DIY project it is intriguing. I will have to find out more about BB.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:32 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes, I have been whine free since the replacement. No problems.
The following users liked this post:
handleandrew (05-21-2014)
Old 12-16-2010, 11:35 AM
loninappleton

Originally Posted by ozzypriest
Yes, I have been whine free since the replacement. No problems.

And the link to Black Betty is?

I saw some stuff about music but not the kit.

Also found this review:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...t-5at-g37.html
Old 12-16-2010, 12:33 PM
fastlane45

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by loninappleton
Ok well, Black Betty said earlier that his kit is not the same as the Big Three or other mods and as I recall BB said he wish'd it did do the job of getting rid of the noise.

Please clarify.

Also my vehicle is under warranty for several years, how does such a mod effect these things in most instances?

I have never done any car mods and am totally a greenhorn with cars. But still as a DIY project it is intriguing. I will have to find out more about BB.
I never said his kit was the same as the big 3. I said by installing his kit the whine I had before the install went away and that the kit does everything else its advertised to do as well
Old 12-16-2010, 12:50 PM
loninappleton

Originally Posted by fastlane45
I never said his kit was the same as the big 3. I said by installing his kit the whine I had before the install went away and that the kit does everything else its advertised to do as well

A misunderstanding. It was in one of BB's posts that I inferred the difference.

Since the kit is for Infinitis and BB says custom lengths, could my local car audio shop do this? Are the connections somehow proprietary? If not, has the car mod world documented this someplace? Where could I find out how to DIY for other cars such as my lowly Hyundai? I do not know the keywords to look up something so specific.

google > auto grounding methods?

A needle in the haystack for me, unfortunately.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:41 AM
weiRDwei

G37 High Frequency Pitch

Can we confirm from the 'Fixed' users on what part numbers their ECM/ECU is?
And also what car/year/transmission. ECM/ECU part may differ dependent upon w/Technology package and/or auto or manual transmission.

I had mine replaced by Infiniti based on part number 23710-JK73D and my noise remains.

However, I have noticed several users with success on the fix based on part numbers and users who had it replaced.

23710-1ND6C - beerme986 - SUCCESS
23710-JU60C - t8er - SUCCESS
23710-1ND9C - CuthGood130 - SUCCESS

23710-JK73D - weiRdwei - FAILED

I have a G37 08 coupe automatic sport w/o technology pack.
ECM/ECU number 23710-JK73D replaced.
Noise remains!

Please check your paper work for the ECU/ECM replacement as it lists what part number was ordered and installed.
I hope my gathering of information helps those with this noise problem.
Bring the different ECU/ECM part numbers to your dealer and let them know which ones work!

Last edited by weiRDwei; 05-29-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Quick Reply: High-Pitch/Frequency Noise Poll.