G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Grounding kit???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Bravesfan4187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a stillen grounding kit. I noticed that the shifts are a lot faster, but the throttle lag is still there.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:41 PM
simpson_G37X

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wlmngtn
Well for one reason, people will buy anything if you tell them it does something to their car, i.e., increase horsepower or fly. Additionally, the only ones who ever made reviews are those who actually "felt" their shifting improved. Where is the real data? nowhere. Is there a fix to our lag? hell no. It is what it is with our cars. We can either deal with it, or bitch all day. That simple. I like my kit cause it looks good under the hood, thats all. I never had any expectation for my shifting to improve when I purchased the 4 AWG kit.
notice above i said it didnt do sh*t for the lag lol

but shifting IS faster
Old 03-03-2011, 10:46 PM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by simpson_G37X
notice above i said it didnt do sh*t for the lag lol

but shifting IS faster
Shift lag, throttle lag, same ****. Kits dont do crap lol
Old 03-03-2011, 10:50 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you buy two grounding kits the transmission will actually shift before you tell it to. That's how much they cut down lag.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There was a claim by Nissan that at full throttle, the shift time for 7AT is 0.5sec, if the grounding kits can even lower it by 0.1, can people really tell the difference between 0.4-0.5? Even 0.1 can be an exaggeration, that's 20% faster, I'm sure Nissan engineers are smarter than that.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Romulus1

its odd to think that our infiniti isnt grounded enough.... all that electronic crap going on in there and they forgot wires? hehe :thewave

dont have a grounding kit on this car but had em on my past 2, didnt notice any difference, just looked cool and didnt cost much
Old 03-04-2011, 01:37 AM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
i cant see how grounding a few things is going to make the trans shift any faster than it is programmed to do by the ecu
Old 03-04-2011, 01:53 AM
borfoo3
Registered Member

personally, I have a Stillen Grounding kit and I've DEFINITELY had better response times when it comes to gear shifts.. I'm thinking that maybe some people aren't sensitive to slight changes in their shift lags, or expecting dual-clutch tranny response times (both of which would lead to disappointment if that's what you're expecting).

Then again, what I consider significant may be negligible by other's standards.. Or I might have had a slower transmission which had seen better result margins.. either way, I'm happy with what I'm seeing so far and I would definitely buy it again if I had the choice!!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:39 AM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There are few threads started by satisfied users, but there are also quiet few threads that questions about BB kit, -> drain batteries faster.
Don't know if it's true or not, but..

And people who said there are difference after grounding kit, can you explain how it works? thicker wire helps by how.
Wouldn't reseting your ECU and drive hard few times.. and make computer memorize that helps to feel more difference in shifting?
Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 PM
G37S-OONER
Banned

Originally Posted by wlmngtn
Umm.. I dont know if you have been following your own thread, but the majority of us have said NO. Hence the word, Placebo Effect.
This guy is like.. look the majority of us (me 4 times and someone else once) don't thin so.. so no we are right..

people like this are funny, online and in real life.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
I think you have to try it to know if the grounding kit works or not.
If you don't feel it's not working, sell it back and never buy again.
If you feel any difference, keep it and buy it for the future cars.
You will never know what the kit can change, what the exhaust really sounds like on your car, etc... unless you tried the product.
Read the review, ask members, but it's all up to you at the end...you and your trigger finger~ ^^
Old 02-17-2012, 06:41 PM
hobbs
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Waste of money, but they look pretty! No factual proof that they do anything but take your money. This was my question and reply from a company that sells them;

QUESTION:
My inner skeptic says that grounding kits are Voodoo, unless existing wiring is corroded or has loose contacts.. If they do what is said of them, why the multimillion dollar corporations and overpaid electrical engineers have not caught on is a mystery to me. If they actually help a trans shift better, I am sure there are some Infiniti engineers that would like to know about it for their 7AT! I grant you they look nice and dress up the engine bay, but? Any links available to hard facts and not just "it runs better"?

ANSWER:
I'm certain you must be right. If you're convinced that it's not at all possible that something like this could possibly be of any use in improving the drivability of a car, then you should probably not even consider it. No links or facts, just good old fashioned voodoo.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:55 PM
G37S-OONER
Banned

Originally Posted by hobbs
Waste of money, but they look pretty! No factual proof that they do anything but take your money. This was my question and reply from a company that sells them;

QUESTION:
My inner skeptic says that grounding kits are Voodoo, unless existing wiring is corroded or has loose contacts.. If they do what is said of them, why the multimillion dollar corporations and overpaid electrical engineers have not caught on is a mystery to me. If they actually help a trans shift better, I am sure there are some Infiniti engineers that would like to know about it for their 7AT! I grant you they look nice and dress up the engine bay, but? Any links available to hard facts and not just "it runs better"?

ANSWER:
I'm certain you must be right. If you're convinced that it's not at all possible that something like this could possibly be of any use in improving the drivability of a car, then you should probably not even consider it. No links or facts, just good old fashioned voodoo.
I take it you did not sense the sarcasm in his response?
Old 02-17-2012, 07:06 PM
hobbs
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by G37S-OONER
I took that he had no answer.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:53 PM
levitated

Originally Posted by G37S-OONER
Agree'd.