ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

ECUTEK user reviews and dynos

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 03:18 PM
kavcheung
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Tuner vs Tuner...who do we believe??
Old 07-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Going to chime in here since I just researched this. If the dealer flashes over your ECUtek tune, ECUtek will refresh your ECU if you provide them with something saying the dealer flashed the ECU like a service writeup. If you can't provide that, you're **** outta luck without paying.

You can flash back and forth between the stock tuning and the ECUtek map if you buy the cable. My local tuner said he has an agreement that he'll reflash back to stock if you're taking the car in for service and then reflash the tune back on after you're done. Personally, I'd rather just buy a cord.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Are you sure, I was told if you leave the "tune" version on the car it will not flash over it" It locks the ECU" If you flash back to the stock ROM version the above will happen. happened to my then John V told me if I left the "tune version" on the ECU it wouldn't have been erased?
A tuner said the same thing to me yesterday but ECUtek said something different (at least in a different way). What it may be is that IF you flash back to stock, go in to the dealer, and the dealer reflashes the ECU, then you'd have to get the service writeup allowing ECUtek or whomever to reload the tuned map. If you go in with a tuned ECUtek map, it won't allow the dealer access to the ECU.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:16 PM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Just got my EcuTek tune on one of the few AWD Dynojets in my area. It reportedly was 93° this early afternoon when the final pull was made and 54% humidity. I got to drive the car for 10 minutes in stop and go traffic so I can't really report on it much but I'm sure I will be happy.

326 WHP
264 Torque

I'm not big on chasing numbers, but I was hoping to brake the 330whp AWD "wall" with the flex fuel tune, but I have a feeling if I go do a dyno run in the winter I will be at or a little past 330whp.

2009 G37X
"Go-fast" Mod list:
AAM 2.75in CAI
63mm ported TBs
Port matched HR plenum
Port and polished runners
GT-R injectors
CJM fuel rail
Stillen headers
FI 2.5" RTP
FI 2.5" CBE
EcuTeck flex fuel tune
Attached Thumbnails ECUTEK user reviews and dynos-petra_dyno_flexfuel.jpg  

Last edited by zer099; 07-14-2016 at 10:08 AM. Reason: swapped pic of dyno for a better scan
Old 07-18-2016, 06:14 PM
wowwed
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Reading this thread gets me excited. I ordered FI RHFC and RCBE and I'm going to get all that installed and an EcuTek tuning with Seb @ Specialty Z. Made the appointment for September 19! September can't come fast enough! Any other suggestions I should ask be done while I'm over there? I currently have Stillen Gen 3 CAI.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:32 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Why the fuel rails and larger injectors? Are the stock ones maxed out at that power level and fuel pressure rate?

Originally Posted by zer099
Just got my EcuTek tune on one of the few AWD Dynojets in my area. It reportedly was 93° this early afternoon when the final pull was made and 54% humidity. I got to drive the car for 10 minutes in stop and go traffic so I can't really report on it much but I'm sure I will be happy.

326 WHP
264 Torque

I'm not big on chasing numbers, but I was hoping to brake the 330whp AWD "wall" with the flex fuel tune, but I have a feeling if I go do a dyno run in the winter I will be at or a little past 330whp.

2009 G37X
"Go-fast" Mod list:
AAM 2.75in CAI
63mm ported TBs
Port matched HR plenum
GT-R injectors
CJM fuel rail
Stillen headers
FI 2.5" RTP
FI 2.5" CBE
EcuTeck flex fuel tune
Old 07-20-2016, 09:54 AM
zer099
Premier Member

The injectors were close to being maxed out. If I go with cams and 72mm shaftless TBs with 3" intakes in the future I would most likely needed to upgrade if I stayed with stock injectors so I decided to do it now. I got 600cc to start with but backed down to the GT-R ones for simplicity of tuning and trying to stay with-in a close range of my end-goals. I got the rails for no reason other then I wanted to have them. 100% not needed. Did it help with anything? No clue, but it didn't hurt. Plus if I decide for whatever reason to go to a return fuel system in the future its now very easy to do.

After looking at a many other peoples dyno sheets, looking for patterns not numbers, I think I could have easily broken 330AWHP with a ported stock plenum, but I wasn't after max power as much as wanted the most I can get under the curve. When I get my front diff swapped out next month I was going to have them do a before and after dyno to see how much going from 3.3 to 3.7 effects the numbers; I might see if I can port out a stock plenum and see if I can do a run comparing them with my setup.

Last edited by zer099; 07-20-2016 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Afterthought
Old 07-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

All great reasons. I've not checked duty cycles in the stock injectors and had no idea you could get close to maxing them out. I'd love to do the JWT cams myself but not sure I'm going to keep the car for more than two years, maybe three tips depending on what else shows up on the horizon. With cams and all the bolt on mods, the G would be a n/a beast.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:44 PM
zer099
Premier Member

With E85 you can get close to maxing them out. If your running 93 or 91 I doubt you will really get close enough to put thought to it. And I agree and am hoping that, in regards to cams and full supporting mods. We will see in time hopefully.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:19 AM
93V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys seeing better fuel economy after tuning? I know that the cars run rich from the factory. I installed an R2C intake and it's gotten worse too. Was considering doing an exhaust and then tuning, especially if I might recuperate some of that cost over time, but still on the fence.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:33 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by zer099

326 WHP
264 Torque

2009 G37X
"Go-fast" Mod list:
AAM 2.75in CAI
63mm ported TBs
Port matched HR plenum
GT-R injectors
CJM fuel rail
Stillen headers
FI 2.5" RTP
FI 2.5" CBE
EcuTeck flex fuel tune
Congrats!!

Do you have any before numbers?
Old 07-22-2016, 11:08 AM
zer099
Premier Member

93V, in theory you should have better MPG, but it really depends on the tune you get (read: your tuner's ability) and your driving style. I wouldn't expect the world from it however.

jfisher, thank you! Sadly I do not have a dyno of the car stock, which I presume is similar to the other AWD stock dynos I've seen so around mid 270s AWHP and mid 230s AWTQ, and it didn't occur to me to ask for the baseline dyno that was done before the real tuning started. I have to go back too my tuner to see about adjusting the line pressure in the tranny, so I will ask if they happen to have that run saved still. DOubtful, but it never hurts to ask.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:27 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

I would think the 02 feedback during cruise and part throttle would determine fuel used as I doubt those tables are adjusted. I could see fuel economy being worse if timing is adjusted at small throttle openings and cruise (less timing). More than likely, you just like to use the throttle more due to the new tune
Old 07-23-2016, 02:38 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
You want more timing advance at small throttle openings or cruise. Charge density is low so detonation risk is also low.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

That is correct which is why I said he could see a decrease in mpg if the tuner reduced timing.

Quick Reply: ECUTEK user reviews and dynos