Downtown Infiniti Closing (Toronto/GTA)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Saltin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Downtown Infiniti Closing (Toronto/GTA)

Hi All,

Just got mail from Infiniti corporate that Downtown Infiniti will be closing. Apparently there is a new dealership opening, "Infiniti Downtown" under what appears to be new management. Temp location during the transition is King E and Sumach, and from what I've heard the new location will be where Volvo is now, at Dundas/River right off the DVP.

Can anyone confirm this as the new location and/or have more news. I think it's mostly going to be a non-event.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:48 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well Yorkville Infiniti moved to 43 Eastern Avenue near the DVP and Lake Shore Boulevard West a couple of years ago. After the move they changed their name to Downtown Infiniti. From what I heard, after the move sales dropped 30% becuase it was so out of the way (I guess luxury car buyers don't like driving down around the docklands).

The current dealership is a really nice and big brand new building. I don't know why they'd move after only 2 years. I would have figured that they would have stayed in the same building.

Checking out the Downtown Infiniti webpage shows a "Infiniti Downtown" logo and a "Coming Soon" message.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 AM
RiSkR

Originally Posted by Saltin
Hi All,

Just got mail from Infiniti corporate that Downtown Infiniti will be closing. Apparently there is a new dealership opening, "Infiniti Downtown" under what appears to be new management. Temp location during the transition is King E and Sumach, and from what I've heard the new location will be where Volvo is now, at Dundas/River right off the DVP.

Can anyone confirm this as the new location and/or have more news. I think it's mostly going to be a non-event.
I think you might be right about the move to Dundas & River. I work just a couple of blocks away from there and i drive by there every morning. This morning i noticed that Volvo has moved out completely outta there. This would be a huge bonus for me if Infiniti moves into there. I will keep an eye out to see what happens and will let you know.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Saltin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RiSkR
I think you might be right about the move to Dundas & River. I work just a couple of blocks away from there and i drive by there every morning. This morning i noticed that Volvo has moved out completely outta there. This would be a huge bonus for me if Infiniti moves into there. I will keep an eye out to see what happens and will let you know.
Appreciate it. I need to get in there and get my 7AT flashed with the new TSB.

It does seem strange that the nice new complex they built up on Eastern is not going to be used anymore - I liked the space quite a bit, but I guess location is everything. If they move to the Volvo spot they'll be right by Mercedes and probably be able to get a sign up that's visible from the DVP.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:41 AM
RiSkR

It does seem strange that the nice new complex they built up on Eastern is not going to be used anymore - I liked the space quite a bit, but I guess location is everything. If they move to the Volvo spot they'll be right by Mercedes and probably be able to get a sign up that's visible from the DVP.
No problem. Yah the old Volvo dealership is right across the Mercedes dealership. I passed by there this morning like i do every morning and i didn't any signs sayin that the Downtown Infiniti moving in there yet. The only sign that are up there is where the new Volvo is moving too. I will try to get a closer look on the way home if i can.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
indycase

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Darn it, I really liked Downtown Infiniti and the location is convenient for me, not to say free parking if I need to drop by the Distillery District Hopefully service will continue to be good. I notice most Infiniti dealerships don't give out loaner cars for oil change-only services anymore.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
indycase

What year is your G? Does mine need reflashing? Mine is a 2010.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:26 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by indycase
Darn it, I really liked Downtown Infiniti and the location is convenient for me, not to say free parking if I need to drop by the Distillery District Hopefully service will continue to be good. I notice most Infiniti dealerships don't give out loaner cars for oil change-only services anymore.
Really? Alta Infiniti does as long as you request the loaner when you book the appointment.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Saltin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by indycase
What year is your G? Does mine need reflashing? Mine is a 2010.
Yeah I have a 2010. The TSB is here Nissan Publications=

For me it's the rev matching killing coasting, which is annoying when you drive in city traffic a lot. They are discussing it in the Sedan forum here.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Danny Boy

Downtown Infiniti location is actually convenient for me as I can drop the car off and go to work.

I hate their service so much I do the work at Willowdale now...
Old 05-15-2011, 02:30 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RiSkR
No problem. Yah the old Volvo dealership is right across the Mercedes dealership. I passed by there this morning like i do every morning and i didn't any signs sayin that the Downtown Infiniti moving in there yet. The only sign that are up there is where the new Volvo is moving too. I will try to get a closer look on the way home if i can.
I just drove by the old Volvo dealership this evening and there were banners up saying "Downtown Lexus Coming Fall 2011" but nothing about Infiniti Downtown.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Saltin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I just drove by the old Volvo dealership this evening and there were banners up saying "Downtown Lexus Coming Fall 2011" but nothing about Infiniti Downtown.
Looks like you are right John. I noticed they have a new website up, and the new location is going to be 549 King St East. Not far from the current spot at all. To be honest, as long as it stays in the East end, I am happy : ) The building looks like it'll be pretty swish. It doesnt look like it's going to have as much space as the old place.

INFINITI DOWNTOWN - Infiniti Downtown - Toronto, ON
Old 05-18-2011, 12:00 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Looks like you are right John. I noticed they have a new website up, and the new location is going to be 549 King St East. Not far from the current spot at all. To be honest, as long as it stays in the East end, I am happy : ) The building looks like it'll be pretty swish. It doesnt look like it's going to have as much space as the old place.

INFINITI DOWNTOWN - Infiniti Downtown - Toronto, ON
549 King St. E.? That's right on the south-east corner of King St. E. and Sumach St. There's a dog and cat hospital right across the road and an independent SAAB garage opposite it.

I wonder why they would leave a brand new dealership that was the second biggest Infiniti dealership in Canada (the Calgary one is the biggest) for this much smaller space with much less parking.

It's going to be on the main floor of a condo building (Corktown Lofts) you can see the building under construction here: 549 King Street East, toronto, on - Google Maps.

I don't know if it'll be ready next month, Last time I passed by that area I seem to recall it still being under construction. I'll check it out tomorrow sometime.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Saltin
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish

I don't know if it'll be ready next month, Last time I passed by that area I seem to recall it still being under construction. I'll check it out tomorrow sometime.
I drove by it this morning on the way in to work, and the building is up and they have infiniti banners in the window. I think they'll be able to pull it off for June.

It's pretty small, street level, and I have no clue where they are going to put the service bays. I also do not understand why they just don't use the current dealership. It must be too expensive to operate so they are downsizing.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:30 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

I drove by it this morning on the way in to work, and the building is up and they have infiniti banners in the window. I think they'll be able to pull it off for June.

It's pretty small, street level, and I have no clue where they are going to put the service bays. I also do not understand why they just don't use the current dealership. It must be too expensive to operate so they are downsizing.
The city gave them a sweet deal on the property that the previous dealership was on becuase the city wants to "improve" that area. I don't think it's becuase their property taxes are too high; it must be something else.

Quick Reply: Downtown Infiniti Closing (Toronto/GTA)