Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Trading in a car with aftermarket wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
^^Agreed. I think the movement with dealerships these days is that their advertised price is their "rock bottom" price. It's a crock imo. 3 places (including the one I'm working with now) were not willing to budge very far on their internet advertised price. Which I'm fine with if, given all dealerships were honest, I'd be ok with because I hate haggling. But we all know that's not the case. I think I did end up with a good deal after all is said and done though. If the body work is done well, I think I got away with one.
I can't say I miss that part of car shopping. You look online and let's say you see a car advertised at $29,999. OK, you have your starting point, otherwise known as, their asking price. Well, you get to the dealer and ask about the car and they tell you they are asking $32,495. You discuss further and try to work out numbers, but they insist you are lucky they are even honoring their online price and try to convince you they are going to walk away breaking even, lol.

Pet peeve. Those are the dealers I walk out of.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:34 AM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryne
I can't say I miss that part of car shopping. You look online and let's say you see a car advertised at $29,999. OK, you have your starting point, otherwise known as, their asking price. Well, you get to the dealer and ask about the car and they tell you they are asking $32,495. You discuss further and try to work out numbers, but they insist you are lucky they are even honoring their online price and try to convince you they are going to walk away breaking even, lol.

Pet peeve. Those are the dealers I walk out of.
I know! I'm glad (for the most part) it's all over. I have my financing squared away. The salesman called me yesterday to tell me it was readyand that the car was "beautiful." I hope it is, but I'll be the one deciding if it's beautiful enough. I'll be picking it up tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to drive home in it. It really is a nice car.

Last edited by SwissCheeseHead; 10-23-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:45 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
I know! I'm glad (for the most part) it's all over. I have my financing squared away. The salesman called me yesterday to tell me it was readyand that the car was "beautiful." I hope it is, but I'll be the one deciding if it's beautiful enough. I'll be picking it up tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to drive home in it. It really is a nice car.
It sounds like they took care of you there, I have a good feeling about it.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:43 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
I'll post pics and a new thread if it turns out for me. Starting to get excited here!