Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

6000k HID Upgrade from EliteEV -- Absolutely Stunning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up 6000k HID Upgrade from EliteEV -- Absolutely Stunning!!!

Okay… This is what many of you have been waiting for. As I’ve mentioned in other threads, I have been working with a company, EliteEV, to bring HID Upgrades to our forums. Special Thanks for EliteEV for working with me on this and the excellent customer service and quick replies. If it weren’t for delays I caused, I would have had pictures up. Well, I finally have the bulbs installed and WOW!!! Absolutely stunning. Here’s my thoughts on the bulbs from EliteEV and the install:

Bulbs shown are 6000k, however, other bulb temperatures are available if so desired. Currently the price is set at $58 for the pair.

Packaging from EliteEV: Bulbs were shipped with care and protection in mind. For me, they were shipped via USPS Priority. The bulbs are encapsulated in a plastic casing in a box together. This small box that the bulbs were in were packed well another box (the USPS Priority box) surrounded by bubble wrap. Excellent treatment during shipping.

Here’s a pic of the bulbs after I pulled them out of the box:

Here’s a pic of the actual bulbs compares to OEM HID bulb (OEM on left, 6000k on right):

Ease of Install: The install process in our cars really isn’t bad at all. To do the bulbs, it took me about 45 minutes. The recommended process is to remove the front wheels and remove the front fender linings. While this may sound difficult, it really isn’t. Just a few punch pins and a few bolts and it is easily removed. This allows you full access to the back of the headlights to make sure you have plenty of room to work without jeopardizing any damage to the bulb. See the following thread for a DYI: DIY Thread is in process. Check back for link after thread is created.

Color: The color of the bulbs is PERFECT. They are a very clear and bright white with a slight hint of blue. To be honest, this Kelvin Temp bulb (6000k) should be standard on the G37 or any other Infiniti. While 4300k (OEM) is supposed to be most likely sunlight, the 6000k upgrade give you a much brighter and cleaner view of the road. Rumors have it that you actually lose some visibility with the move the 6000k, however, after driving with the 6000k, I would strongly disagree. This has not been my experience.

Here’s a few COMPARISON pics of one OEM 4300k (left) and one EliteEV 6000k (right). Pic was taken in my garage with light pointed on the closed garage door:

Here’s a pic of both EliteEV 6000k bulbs installed. Again this pic was taken in my garage with light pointed on the closed garage door:

Both 6000ks in... Right before I put the last wheel back on.

Driving: As previously mentioned these bulbs light up the road much better than the OEMs. I do not see any loss of visibility with the bulbs at all. If anything, I think I can see more with the EliteEV 6000ks installed. Although these are bright, I don’t think they are overwhelming for oncoming traffic, I went for a good 20 mile drive with these on and didn’t get any lights flashed at me by approaching motorists.

Here’s a few pics “on the road”… Me likey!!!!

Home From Driving... Light on garage door:

Overall, I absolutely love these bulbs and I will be keeping them… In fact, I wish I would have upgraded sooner. I’ve inspected the quality of the bulbs and they are of an OEM equivalent and should last many years. I have complete confidence in them.

For those of you looking to upgrade your OEM HID bulbs, I’d strongly recommend these. As EliteEV is just bring these bulbs to market, the introductory price has been set to an incredible $58!!! The manufacturer's MSRP is $120. Shipping is currently showing as $20 on the site, however, I’m checking with EliteEV to see if this is correct.

Check them out…

All HID Products http://eliteev.com/products.asp?pc=HID

D2S Bulbs for Infiniti Projector Housings or D2R Bulbs for Reflector Housings http://eliteev.com/ProductDesc.asp?pdid=1803

Last edited by Blackjack; 08-31-2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:53 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome review!!
Old 08-31-2008, 02:15 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
awesome review!!
x2 awesome review and great lights
Old 08-31-2008, 07:31 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
^^ Thanks Guys!!! I really like the bulbs and new lighting.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Gthirty7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank u soo much im gonna order them!
on my old g35 i had 8000k hid's they were whitish bluish color!
if i go with 10000k what color would it be? and would it be brighter?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:06 AM
vinnys coupe

Originally Posted by Gthirty7
thank u soo much im gonna order them!
on my old g35 i had 8000k hid's they were whitish bluish color!
if i go with 10000k what color would it be? and would it be brighter?
dont go with 10k thats rice city!! higher the number is more the blue/purple

Blackjack please find out if shipping is really 20$. If you can work on the shipping im def ordering these..!!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:19 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
dont go with 10k thats rice city!! higher the number is more the blue/purple

Blackjack please find out if shipping is really 20$. If you can work on the shipping im def ordering these..!!
$58 + $20 shipping is 78 dollars, which is STILL a super FANTASTIC price, you should order them either way?!?!?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:40 AM
vinnys coupe

yeah i kno that but hp has a set for 92 shipped.. i mean another 10 bucks which do you think has better quality?

i mean i dont kno much about this company, hp sells all high end stuff.. get where im coming from?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Kream

do they sell any city light bulb that matches with these?
Old 08-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice review BJ. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:09 PM
oOmikeyboy

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
yeah i kno that but hp has a set for 92 shipped.. i mean another 10 bucks which do you think has better quality?

i mean i dont kno much about this company, hp sells all high end stuff.. get where im coming from?
yeah kinda. I spent a hole in the face for Philips Ultinon 6000k for that reason. I wanted assured quality.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:18 PM
jnguyen

hey i thought that the lower you go in K the more you see, how many is the OEM and have people who switch to 6k see more? i like the blue look but i rather see more
Old 08-31-2008, 01:24 PM
oOmikeyboy

OEM is 4300k, which is yellow. 6000k is a white with a hint of blue, Generally they say you lose brightness when you go higher up the kelvin scale. The brightness in lumens (i think??) peaks at 4300, and then it starts going down again.

I think its easier to see things when the color isn't as yellow. The same goes for inside the house. Yellowish lights are bright, but its easier to see with a flourescent (white) light bulb.. all IMO.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:27 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
OEM is 4300k, which is yellow. 6000k is a white with a hint of blue, Generally they say you lose brightness when you go higher up the kelvin scale. The brightness in lumens (i think??) peaks at 4300, and then it starts going down again.

I think its easier to see things when the color isn't as yellow. The same goes for inside the house. Yellowish lights are bright, but its easier to see with a flourescent (white) light bulb.. all IMO.
yeah thats a good point with the yellow and white, generally my friend has 6k and when i get in there car there road light isnt as widespan as 4300k but you see more in a small span. I might get some custom 5k HID instead of 6k
Old 08-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Skyline-LEXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks really nice~

Quick Reply: 6000k HID Upgrade from EliteEV -- Absolutely Stunning!!!