Alignment Question , Winter / Summer tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Carfanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile Alignment Question , Winter / Summer tires

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well, i took a pothole a couple of months ago and dented my vossen rim, then had the rim refinished and re-balanced, everything seemed good, then when it came for winter time i removed my vossens and lord be hold i saw that my front right tire was really worn out from the inside side.

Now heres the issue i changed to my winter tires because well it start snowing, but i have 18's installed with spacers because my rims the stock OEM G37 18's wont clear so i had no choice but to use spacers.

My question is can i get an alignment with my winter setup "18's on spacer" and will that alignment be valid for my Vossen 20's also ?

i'm getting new 20's Falken FK453's for the summer and really dont want to wear them out because of a messed up alignment

Also note , my steering is perfect center LOL otherwise i would have done the alignment in the summer.

My G37x is stock height and yes i install the BBK after purchasing it

Sorry for the long post
Old 12-05-2017, 06:54 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
I bet you have too much toe-in. Wheels and tires don't affect alignment and vice versa. However, if you get adjustable front upper control arms, you might consider reducing negative camber during winter if you have any. Keeps the tread flatter to the ground.