Wheel Rim size recommendation 18" or 19" - G37X

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 09:03 PM
darckchap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello Expert,

Finally i ordered today, i ordered those SSR GVT02 Black wheels. i shd receive them in a week. will keep you updated.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:15 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice quality choice there, look forward to pics when you get them on.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:20 AM
darckchap

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice quality choice there, look forward to pics when you get them on.
Thank you.. will keep you updated.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:51 AM
darckchap

Originally Posted by darckchap
Thank you.. will keep you updated.
Hello Expert..

here you go, got my wheels.. will installing this weekend or next week. cant wait.
Attached Thumbnails Wheel Rim size recommendation 18" or 19" - G37X-image1-2-.jpg   Wheel Rim size recommendation 18" or 19" - G37X-image3-1-.jpg  
Old 07-16-2017, 06:39 PM
darckchap

Hello,

Finally got installed SSR 18" Wheels on Pilot super sport.

My g37 SSR FFT Wheels 18*8.5 +40 with 245/45/18 michelin pilot super sport .

SSR FFT Wheels 18*8.5 +40 with 245/45/18 michelin pilot super sport .
Old 07-16-2017, 08:49 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Looking nice there^^^^ Now you know the next question, are you going to lower your G?

BTW, bet you're having fun testing out the added grip of those tires and the look of those SSRs!
Old 07-17-2017, 12:54 AM
darckchap

Looking nice there^^^^ Now you know the next question, are you going to lower your G?

BTW, bet you're having fun testing out the added grip of those tires and the look of those SSRs!
Yes Sir. you got it right. next question is tips on what and how to lower the suspension of my G. Also planning to install cold airintake .. i am thinking stillen as infiniti warranty will not be affected what is your thoughts?
Old 07-17-2017, 01:13 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

The most economical lowering plan is lowering springs, and the Swift springs are the most common AWD option. You may need a rear camber/toe kit with them to keep your alignment in spec. So about $160 for the rear kit, 300 for the springs, and another $125 for the alignment, and this is if you do the install. If you get a shop to do it add another $400 give or take. Coilovers are a better option but allow about $700 or more to your budget depending what type you get. KSport & Fortune 500 are a couple of the more common ones.

I'd look into an exhaust over an intake unless you plan to do that too. Stillen or Takeda are good options for intakes, the Takeda is typically an easier install, and a bit less $$.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:00 PM
darckchap

The most economical lowering plan is lowering springs, and the Swift springs are the most common AWD option. You may need a rear camber/toe kit with them to keep your alignment in spec. So about $160 for the rear kit, 300 for the springs, and another $125 for the alignment, and this is if you do the install. If you get a shop to do it add another $400 give or take. Coilovers are a better option but allow about $700 or more to your budget depending what type you get. KSport & Fortune 500 are a couple of the more common ones.

I'd look into an exhaust over an intake unless you plan to do that too. Stillen or Takeda are good options for intakes, the Takeda is typically an easier install, and a bit less $$.
Thanks a ton for all your inputs. sure , will consider your input.
i was thinking to go INtake then lowering and then exhaust n braking kits. what is the order you recommend? exhaust looks bit more $$ compare to intake systems.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:58 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

TBH I'd probably do intake last. A simple axleback like a Tanabe isn't too much and will add a bit of tone along w/ nice quality tips, that combines w/ resonated test pipes or High flow cats will give some noticeable gains, about $900 for those 2 combined IIRC.

Braking updates, would also be based on funds, good brake pad updates don't cost much and will help. The Big Akebono sport brakes look great but won't really improve braking too much for average daily driving, if you plan to really push your G on long mountain drives or tracking, then yes, BBK for the win!

Might keep your eyes on the classifieds here, might find a nice deal on the intake you want then that might move that mod up the list.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:37 PM
darckchap

TBH I'd probably do intake last. A simple axleback like a Tanabe isn't too much and will add a bit of tone along w/ nice quality tips, that combines w/ resonated test pipes or High flow cats will give some noticeable gains, about $900 for those 2 combined IIRC.

Braking updates, would also be based on funds, good brake pad updates don't cost much and will help. The Big Akebono sport brakes look great but won't really improve braking too much for average daily driving, if you plan to really push your G on long mountain drives or tracking, then yes, BBK for the win!

Might keep your eyes on the classifieds here, might find a nice deal on the intake you want then that might move that mod up the list.
Thank you so much.. it is lot of information for dumb guy like me. let me digest all the tips you thrown at me and then will understand. Once i complete my research will share with you .. thank you again for all your incredible priceless tips.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (07-17-2017)