TSW Wheels arrived and swift springs installed PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Snipres

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
TSW Wheels arrived and swift springs installed PICS!

I just received my new silver finished TSW Bathurst wheels and installed my swift springs.

Before

After

Only mounted 1 wheel just to double check that the 285 would fit.
F-20x8.5 +40 245/35/20
R-20x10 +40 285/30/20

Old 03-26-2015, 05:40 PM
bri

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Could you please post photos with a wider side view of the whole car? Any impressions about the weight or mpg impact? I'm really considering getting these as well in 19" since they're way lighter than anything else in the price range.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Snipres

Originally Posted by bri
Could you please post photos with a wider side view of the whole car? Any impressions about the weight or mpg impact? I'm really considering getting these as well in 19" since they're way lighter than anything else in the price range.
Honestly they feel just as light as the stock 17s' and yes once i have all 4 mounted ill def post more pics.. Prob another week or so waiting for the rain to wash up all the sand and salt around here
Old 03-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Sobbie84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no coilovers? do you think the 20s will rub?
Old 03-26-2015, 07:37 PM
ay37
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
looks great, nice combo. I highly doubt I am going to drop my 37x anytime soon because I live in Michigan (world's worst roads, literally.. I say literally because the GTR was factory tested in Detroit, Michigan to get a feel for how it handles on garbage roads lol), but if I were to drop it, I would go probably go the swift route... I see your profile says Boston, and judging from the pictures, I assume you have some bad roads in your area with all the weather change, snow, etc... I see cracked pavement in some photos lol, so my question is, please let us know how the springs feel on such roads. If I lived in Florida, Cali, Arizona, Texas, etc, I would drop without too much concern as the roads are smooth enough, but I've dropped previous cars in the past, and on bad roads, the ride quality gets old real fast. So just looking for some input on how it feels once you get some miles on em.. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Snipres

Originally Posted by Sobbie84
no coilovers? do you think the 20s will rub?
Only time will tell..

And yeah the roads are pretty ****ty down here. Not a lot of big potholes but a lot of cracks and imperfections, the ride is pretty stiff, doesn't absorb bumps what soever, first car with springs and it's just okay.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:41 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Those look sharp Snipres!

Definitely and upgrade over stock. Sub'd for more pics.

I have a very minor nit about wheels in general and wish they'd make an all-silver paint or powder coated wheel without the mirror finish. I guess I'm old school in that thinking but so many manufacturers are doing that. Even the OEM's are doing the dark with mirror finish and not feeling that either. Infiniti did it with the Q50S wheels.

You do have me thinking about wheels again though! I'll say it again, well done and those are NICE!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Snipres

Originally Posted by twin_snails
Those look sharp Snipres!

Definitely and upgrade over stock. Sub'd for more pics.

I have a very minor nit about wheels in general and wish they'd make an all-silver paint or powder coated wheel without the mirror finish. I guess I'm old school in that thinking but so many manufacturers are doing that. Even the OEM's are doing the dark with mirror finish and not feeling that either. Infiniti did it with the Q50S wheels.

You do have me thinking about wheels again though! I'll say it again, well done and those are NICE!
Thanks man, im in love with the mirror finish tbh, only thing im picky about is that wheel gap right now, looks extremely high idk why?? Maybe because i just finished raising the car and the other side still had the stocks on?
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (03-27-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 10:42 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Snipres
Thanks man, im in love with the mirror finish tbh, only thing im picky about is that wheel gap right now, looks extremely high idk why?? Maybe because i just finished raising the car and the other side still had the stocks on?
It's more of an optical illusion than anything, going w/ low profile tires and bigger wheels always brings your eyes to the fender gap, don't know why
Looking good thus far and those 285s will tuck OK, look forward to pics w/ the Swifts as they settle some more, I think you'll really like the overall setup
twin_snails (03-27-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 11:25 AM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
lets see all 4!!
Old 03-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Swift is the most modest lowering option, so it wont look really low. What Brad mentioned is also true - larger wheel, thinner sidewall, increased ride height perception.
twin_snails (03-27-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 11:41 AM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Very nice. I have my eyes on the same wheels.

Lightweight, good looking, good quality and fairly priced. Winning combination.

Can't wait to see pictures of all 4 mounted.

Congrats on the wheels.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:05 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
You picked a nice set of wheels. Can't wait to see them on your ride
Old 03-27-2015, 04:54 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
You bet man! I dunno, not having seen them in person, I should reserve judgement. Looks like their photos on the tsw site are renderings so it's hard to tell. Any pics of one of the wheels in good lighting? Indoor or out is cool with me. Does the mirror finish part look like bare aluminum with a clear coat on it or is it more refined than that?

I'm definitely digging on how light those are though for 20's.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:49 PM
bri

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Any new pics?

Quick Reply: TSW Wheels arrived and swift springs installed PICS!