Never again will i cheap out on tires again

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 04:47 PM
T-One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never again will i cheap out on tires again

I hate these rear tires i bought. I previously had Michelin AS3s all around but the rears were finally past the wear bars. I mean straight reppin slicks here. So i bit the bullet and bought some gently used falken tires. They still had the yellow dots on the sides so i bought them with the feeling that they were mounted for no more than 5k miles. All i can say is these tires dont grip for ****. I got the pair for 150mounted and balanced. Now I'm regretting even getting them. I lose traction where most times i wouldnt even have the vdc kick in. Pulling out of gravel sucks. Pulling out.of.blacktop sucks. Going around ramps suck. Cant show off and hit the exit ramps at 60 anymore. I actually spun out. Testing the tires in an old kmart parking lot. Uugh. Cant wait.til the fronts finally wear downs enough to replace. I have full tread in the rear and probably half i think.in.the front.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:57 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
I have Falken Azenis tires.... I hate the fvckers as well. Any bit of moisture on the road and I break traction. I found this out trying to pass a mini van with some chick texting (you all know THE drift) out on a freeway. How the hell did I break traction @ 70 MPH? PSS next go around!
Old 07-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
But they stretch really well, right? Lol.

All kidding aside, I'm always amazed when people on the forum spend lots of money on aesthetic mods or performance mods that barely yeild any gains and certainly none that are significant, and cheap out and buy tires based solely on price or how well they stretch or have round shoulders to rub less on fenders because the car is too low. SMH. I get it. I used to buy cheap tires when I was young and ignorant. Because broke. But it's good that you learned. Premium rubber is one of the best performance increases you can make on almost any car and it requires no modification. It also makes the car safer to drive at the limit.
The following users liked this post:
telcoman (07-13-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 05:23 PM
inyquest
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty

All kidding aside, I'm always amazed when people on the forum spend lots of money on aesthetic mods or performance mods that barely yeild any gains and certainly none that are significant, and cheap out and buy tires based solely on price or how well they stretch or have round shoulders to rub less on fenders because the car is too low. SMH. I get it. I used to buy cheap tires when I was young and ignorant. Because broke. But it's good that you learned. Premium rubber is one of the best performance increases you can make on almost any car and it requires no modification. It also makes the car safer to drive at the limit.
I have the 19"
I am seeking something a little more road quiet that's great traction in rainy weather.

Is there such a tire?

Also my tires seem to have a hollow sound when I hit some bumps.
Is that normal?
Old 07-13-2014, 05:39 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by inyquest
I have the 19"
I am seeking something a little more road quiet that's great traction in rainy weather.

Is there such a tire?

Is that normal?
I'm on my second set of Pilot Super Sports in 19". I don't see getting anything else at this time but they are expensive. I'm not sure about the hollow sound but the PSS grip in wet and dry as long as it isn't below 40 or so.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:17 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by inyquest
I have the 19"

Is there such a tire?

Is that normal?
IMO one of the best tires that fits the description of what you want is the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3.
The following users liked this post:
inyquest (07-15-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 11:08 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Love my pilot super sports and will most likely get another pair when these where out. I'm really curious though to see if the dw conti's are as good as people say they are but I'm in no rush to find out.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:36 PM
Neomist
Patawan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by black betty
imo one of the best tires that fits the description of what you want is the michelin pilot sport a/s3.
+1 ^ :jamin:
Old 07-14-2014, 12:02 AM
LexiG37

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Love my pilot super sports and will most likely get another pair when these where out. I'm really curious though to see if the dw conti's are as good as people say they are but I'm in no rush to find out.
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaa!!!!! wear not where! This is turning into a goddamn epidemic!! I blame texting and autocorrect!! (posting while drunk)...
Old 07-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Vegito168

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Conti DW tires grip like a muthaf@#$%&* . I could barely get them to break loose pushing my stock G around some corners. The unfortunate downside to the tires are what many can chime in on, and it's that the sidewalls are too soft. Otherwise an amazing tire, wet or dry. Lots of grip even with a nice downpour and I've never hydroplaned once, thank God!

Currently changed to 285/35 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position in the rear and grip is close to the Conti DW, but still not as great or better IMO. The sidewall is definitely stiffer though, so all in all I'm happy. Great wet grip too. Again, IMHO, still not better than the Conti DW. That's my 2 cents on the subject.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:42 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by LexiG37
AAAAAAAaaaaaaaa!!!!! wear not where! This is turning into a goddamn epidemic!! I blame texting and autocorrect!! (posting while drunk)...
Yeah, I was drunk so chit happens but the same type of spelling/grammatical errors drive me crazy as well. Go figure.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:34 AM
inyquest
Registered Member

IMO one of the best tires that fits the description of what you want is the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3.

I agree,
From what I read this does seem to fit what I'm seeking Very well
Thank you
Old 07-15-2014, 01:38 AM
inyquest
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rks
I'm on my second set of Pilot Super Sports in 19". I don't see getting anything else at this time but they are expensive. I'm not sure about the hollow sound but the PSS grip in wet and dry as long as it isn't below 40 or so.

Thank you but even though it doesn't snow much here, it can and it does get cold.

The Pilot Sport A/S 3looks good
Old 07-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Need 4 Speed

Received 86 Likes on 77 Posts

Thanks for always being a positive influence on community. We all live and learn at some point. I sure learned my lesson with cheap Chinese tires.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:39 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Need 4 Speed
Thanks for always being a positive influence on community. We all live and learn at some point. I sure learned my lesson with cheap Chinese tires.
I used to buy those as well as used tires and even tired retreads once. My lack of money back in the day dictated this for sure, but I didn't have any mods on my vehicles at that time either. I was just tryin to get by. Yes I learned the hard way I was actually spending more money by buying cheap tires than if I had just saved and got a good set.

Quick Reply: Never again will i cheap out on tires again