20 Inch Rims

Old 01-08-2015, 12:30 PM
G37fan09
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Bota36

I wonder if you use a camber kit to get proper alignment or wasn't necesary with your Swift springs?
I'm buying 19 inch but a set of 20 came along? Thinking about it.....
Old 01-08-2015, 12:31 PM
G37fan09
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bota36
While I was shopping for wheels, I was debating between 19's and 20's too. I kept telling myself I wanted 19's but deep down I really wanted 20's. I knew there would be a difference in ride quality and as my daily driver I didn't want to change my ride quality too much from my OEM 18's.

I'm dropped on springs and now on 20's. I must say it's not a huge difference in ride quality but it's there non the less. Maybe the quality of the Swift springs helps with keeping it as close to an OEM ride as possible...I don't know as I've never had other brand springs or coilovers.

I can also tell you the tire brand makes a difference in ride quality. I had Hancooks on originally and they seemed smooth. I had a balancing issue (not tires fault) so I changed tire brands to Bridgestone and found they felt the road more than the previous (tougher ride). The Hancooks seemed to have a less stiff sidewall.

At the end of the day, I'm extremely happy with my choice in wheel size and If I could do it again, I wouldn't change the wheel size but I would research tires better. Maybe Michelins are the way to go.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I'm running 255 tires in the front and 275's in the back. This adds more rubber making for a smoother ride.
Hey Bota36

I wonder if you use a camber kit to get proper alignment or wasn't necesary with your Swift springs?
I'm buying 19 inch but a set of 20 came along? Thinking about it.....
Old 05-29-2019, 10:42 PM
Jordan Ramon
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bota36
While I was shopping for wheels, I was debating between 19's and 20's too. I kept telling myself I wanted 19's but deep down I really wanted 20's. I knew there would be a difference in ride quality and as my daily driver I didn't want to change my ride quality too much from my OEM 18's.

I'm dropped on springs and now on 20's. I must say it's not a huge difference in ride quality but it's there non the less. Maybe the quality of the Swift springs helps with keeping it as close to an OEM ride as possible...I don't know as I've never had other brand springs or coilovers.

I can also tell you the tire brand makes a difference in ride quality. I had Hancooks on originally and they seemed smooth. I had a balancing issue (not tires fault) so I changed tire brands to Bridgestone and found they felt the road more than the previous (tougher ride). The Hancooks seemed to have a less stiff sidewall.

At the end of the day, I'm extremely happy with my choice in wheel size and If I could do it again, I wouldn't change the wheel size but I would research tires better. Maybe Michelins are the way to go.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I'm running 255 tires in the front and 275's in the back. This adds more rubber making for a smoother ride.
I know it’s been sum years lmao but I have a lowered G37 sedan and I was trying to put 20s on it with very little to no camber. Did you have any problems at all?
Old 05-30-2019, 11:02 AM
teahead
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
Don't put on 20s unless you lower the car. Will look stupid.