Velgen wheels what tires??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 10:09 PM
cpmx450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Velgen wheels what tires??

I am currently looking at getting a set of velgen wheels for my 2010 g37x, was planning on getting a set of 19x9 and dont want to lower the car. The reason id like the 19's is i dont want to change the ride quality to much! Was wondering if anyone has any pics or suggestions as to what size tires to eliminate as much of the wheel gap as possibly without having to worry about rubbing. Live in PA and the roads here are pretty bad. Any suggestions are appreciated thanks in advance!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:51 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by cpmx450
I am currently looking at getting a set of velgen wheels for my 2010 g37x, was planning on getting a set of 19x9 and dont want to lower the car. The reason id like the 19's is i dont want to change the ride quality to much! Was wondering if anyone has any pics or suggestions as to what size tires to eliminate as much of the wheel gap as possibly without having to worry about rubbing. Live in PA and the roads here are pretty bad. Any suggestions are appreciated thanks in advance!
Unfortunately your wheel gap is fixed, only way to lessen the gap is to lower your suspension. You MUST keep your tire diameter very close to your stock tire diameter. If you go w/ taller wheels you'll have to go with tires that have a shorter sidewall to keep the diameter the same. With an AWD diameter is even more critical. There's been a few members that have had problems w/ their AWD w/ tires that have been slightly over 1% different so be sure to use this calculator any time you're shopping for new tire sizes.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/tire_rim_calculator.php