Review NEW Sportline TE.6 Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:16 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
NEW Sportline TE.6 Wheels

Working for Modbargains does have its perks. Just got a set of Sportline TE.6 Wheels and Tanabe lowering springs from them and I must say they look amazing. Yes they are replicas but they are rotary forged, so I couldn't pass up a rotary forged wheel at that price What do you guys think?

Sizes and Weights
19x9.5 ET22 @ 23.15lbs
19x10.5 ET22 @ 24.6lbs

Name:  sportline-te6-wheels-infiniti-g37.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  185.8 KB

Name:  sportline-te6-wheels-infiniti-g374.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  202.9 KB

Name:  sportline-te6-wheels-infiniti-g373.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  163.7 KB

Last edited by BluestickG; 05-23-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:38 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks good, but you'll most likely get bashed lol
Old 05-23-2012, 07:46 PM
BluestickG

Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Looks good, but you'll most likely get bashed lol
yeaa i realize I love authentic parts as much as the next but just wasnt down to spend 4 grand on wheels right now. For getting a rotary forged wheel with great fitment you get alot more for your money I think. Just not the name...
Old 05-23-2012, 07:48 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BluestickG
yeaa i realize I love authentic parts as much as the next but just wasnt down to spend 4 grand on wheels right now. For getting a rotary forged wheel with great fitment you get alot more for your money I think. Just not the name...
uhh.... are you sure?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:54 PM
BluestickG

Originally Posted by kchu221
uhh.... are you sure?
yup!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
For every one of these wheels purchased, a Baus gets its wings!

I know I have little room to speak but I just couldn't resist! Hope they hold up on you OP, there are plenty of original design budget wheels out there though, just seems the better route to go.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
BluestickG

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
For every one of these wheels purchased, a Baus gets its wings!

I know I have little room to speak but I just couldn't resist! Hope they hold up on you OP, there are plenty of original design budget wheels out there though, just seems the better route to go.
They will. As i said above they are rotary forged. Which is the same process forgestar uses to make all their wheels. A Vossen is a lot more likely to break then these wheels, as they are only low pressure cast
Old 05-24-2012, 12:34 AM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BluestickG
They will. As i said above they are rotary forged. Which is the same process forgestar uses to make all their wheels. A Vossen is a lot more likely to break then these wheels, as they are only low pressure cast
uhh ohhh... you just declared war with 75% of the forum hahah!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:36 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Guys please don't turn this into a replica bashing thread. This is not the first nor will be the last replica thread, it's about time you guys got over it.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
Guys please don't turn this into a replica bashing thread. This is not the first nor will be the last replica thread, it's about time you guys got over it.
I don't understand why the people who are pro-authentic have to "get over it," though. I was not going to post in this thread, and it's not personal, but I think that is a pretty poor way to look at the whole replica/authentic debate, Sam. I know you probably don't care. I know you support a company that sells replicas, but some do not. Whether you want to believe it or not, it does hurt the industry. On top of that, it is intellectual property theft. The majority of the members on this forum praise the cars showcasing their knock-off parts (some not even realizing it), and most of us keep our mouths shut, but when this guy acknowledges that he is rocking a knock-off set of wheels and asks for opinions, everyone is told to behave. Why? Are we only allowed to praise these unoriginal wheels?

If these Sportline whatever they are wheels are so great with their "rotary forging," then why can they not make a kick@ss wheel in a unique design? Because they want to make a buck and steal a proven design that has been a mainstay in the aftermarket wheel world for years. It disgusts me.

The OP, working for an aftermarket parts company, should know that, in buying knock-off and replica parts, that he is harming the industry that he claims to love. It is a cop-out. (Additionally, there is no way he would pay "4 grand" for an authentic set of wheels if he is working for a parts company.)

I think, for you to suggest that we should all "get over it" is pretty close-minded, to be honest. We should be telling everyone who supports replica/knock-off companies to expect to be chastised when they show off their fake parts or parts purchased with money that went to support a company that is profiting from the hard work of the real talent and pioneers in the industry. That is the only effort we can make in attempting to dissuade people from cutting corners with their builds and you are telling everyone they aren't allowed to express their opinions when the OP asked for it. I won't post again in there, but I don't think that should be the way to moderate the debate. That's just my $.02.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:04 AM
D_Rek

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They look fine to me.
congrats
Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Here we go again.. I don't "support" any company Bill, please don't make any false accusations.

We moderate posts, we don't moderate peoples decision in what they put on their car, that is theirs. It's not illegal. It's debatebly un-ethical, but again, that's the OP choice. Many review threads have been turned into replica vs authentic debates and I kindly requested you, RYs and others to stop that. It is ultimately up to the owner to choose what he puts on his car. That is why I asked people to get over it.

Please PM me if you have any further enquiries on this and keep this thread on topic

Thanks for understanding
Old 05-24-2012, 10:09 AM
YewWanSum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I don't understand why the people who are pro-authentic have to "get over it," though. I was not going to post in this thread, and it's not personal, but I think that is a pretty poor way to look at the whole replica/authentic debate, Sam. I know you probably don't care. I know you support a company that sells replicas, but some do not. Whether you want to believe it or not, it does hurt the industry. On top of that, it is intellectual property theft. The majority of the members on this forum praise the cars showcasing their knock-off parts (some not even realizing it), and most of us keep our mouths shut, but when this guy acknowledges that he is rocking a knock-off set of wheels and asks for opinions, everyone is told to behave. Why? Are we only allowed to praise these unoriginal wheels?

If these Sportline whatever they are wheels are so great with their "rotary forging," then why can they not make a kick@ss wheel in a unique design? Because they want to make a buck and steal a proven design that has been a mainstay in the aftermarket wheel world for years. It disgusts me.

The OP, working for an aftermarket parts company, should know that, in buying knock-off and replica parts, that he is harming the industry that he claims to love. It is a cop-out. (Additionally, there is no way he would pay "4 grand" for an authentic set of wheels if he is working for a parts company.)

I think, for you to suggest that we should all "get over it" is pretty close-minded, to be honest. We should be telling everyone who supports replica/knock-off companies to expect to be chastised when they show off their fake parts or parts purchased with money that went to support a company that is profiting from the hard work of the real talent and pioneers in the industry. That is the only effort we can make in attempting to dissuade people from cutting corners with their builds and you are telling everyone they aren't allowed to express their opinions when the OP asked for it. I won't post again in there, but I don't think that should be the way to moderate the debate. That's just my $.02.

+1 Not to mention that it undermines the integrity of the forum, but when you pay to be a vendor you can get away with almost anything.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love replicas!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Legz
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sam just doesn't want this turn into another bashing thread that's all, there is already a big thread about authentics vs replicas.

OP, look wise it's pretty good

Quick Reply: Review NEW Sportline TE.6 Wheels