Farewell to eibach? Hello to BC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 08:07 PM
WhiteLightning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farewell to eibach? Hello to BC?

Hey, I've been posting alot lately and besides for trying to get my activity level up lol I've been trying to prepare myself for some CV3's or CV1's... I have had the eibach pro-kit for the X coupe for 3 and a half weeks now with probably 35 miles driven in all with it. I truly feel like i am lacking in terms of ride comfort and bouncing a little bit more than I would like. So i've contacted BC, the only company producing coilovers for the AWD coupe about pricing and the time it would take to ship. now i sit at my office desk just wondering should I leave behind the springs and take the step to BC coilovers? I would obvi sell the eibach springs and after one more payday i will pull the trigger on a set of them..... should i do this? are those of you with BC loving them? had springs before? .... i want the new wheels to look at home with the drop, like comfy lol
Old 05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
simpson_G37X

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
PM me the details of what you heard from them. i might be interested at the same time you pull the trigger.

also interested in others feedback
Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 PM
pauliewalnutzz
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
If your selling the springs pm me a price because i need some springs for my x!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:35 PM
WhiteLightning

Originally Posted by simpson_G37X
PM me the details of what you heard from them. i might be interested at the same time you pull the trigger.

also interested in others feedback
Gotcha! first person i'll let know once he gets back at me
Old 05-18-2011, 08:37 PM
WhiteLightning

Originally Posted by pauliewalnutzz
If your selling the springs pm me a price because i need some springs for my x!
yeahh im def gunna sell em if I go BC for sure i'll PM you once BC gets back to me
Old 05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OP did you also do a research about TANABE SUSTEC PRO S-OC ? i heard they are better than stock quality ride and i might put it on very soon. i don't know whether they are x compatible or not tho.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:42 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Tanabe are just height adjustment...
Old 05-18-2011, 08:45 PM
WhiteLightning

Originally Posted by G37SBS
OP did you also do a research about TANABE SUSTEC PRO S-OC ? i heard they are better than stock quality ride and i might put it on very soon. i don't know whether they are x compatible or not tho.
no application for AWD either... thank you tho
Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 to eibachs not being great, but i guess it's expected with just a spring kit. you really notice how bouncy and uncomfortable they are once you hit a dip or a big bump
Old 05-19-2011, 01:14 AM
JJsBusaRox

Hecks yea you should!! Pull the trigger!!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:03 PM
coolraz

Originally Posted by JJsBusaRox
Hecks yea you should!! Pull the trigger!!
DO IT! I didn't have springs, but I was debating btw eibachs PK and BC's, eventually I just saved up and got the BCs
Had them for a week, they were set to pretty stiff from factory, but i've tweaked them a little so i'm sitting at 14 F and 11 R (30 = most soft). Ride is really comfy and it's stable. The coolest thing is there is this turn on my way to work that has a bump (bad pothol patch job). Everytime before I took that turn i had to slow down cus hitting the bump would destabilize the car and send me a coupla feet off the angle. Now I just roll thru it and the suspension just takes it in. Sweet

You won't regreat the BCs. I dunno about durability tho...talk to me in 10k miles : )
Old 05-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya tanabe is just height no dampening, IMO stupid and just not worth it, look into ksport too they make a true coil design, not sure if they fit the x though
Old 05-19-2011, 02:34 PM
WhiteLightning

Originally Posted by coolraz
DO IT! I didn't have springs, but I was debating btw eibachs PK and BC's, eventually I just saved up and got the BCs
Had them for a week, they were set to pretty stiff from factory, but i've tweaked them a little so i'm sitting at 14 F and 11 R (30 = most soft). Ride is really comfy and it's stable. The coolest thing is there is this turn on my way to work that has a bump (bad pothol patch job). Everytime before I took that turn i had to slow down cus hitting the bump would destabilize the car and send me a coupla feet off the angle. Now I just roll thru it and the suspension just takes it in. Sweet

You won't regreat the BCs. I dunno about durability tho...talk to me in 10k miles : )
THANK YOU! THMotorsports just contacted me and said they have them in stock and after what you just said im gunna buy em for sure!

Originally Posted by Doggy
Ya tanabe is just height no dampening, IMO stupid and just not worth it, look into ksport too they make a true coil design, not sure if they fit the x though
I had Ksports on my honda... LOVED THEM they were hands down the best thing i ever purchased for a car but they cant go on an x =(
Old 05-19-2011, 04:27 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have BC coilovers on my '02 Honda Civic. Out of the other brands that I had on my EM2, this had the harshest ride even at soft settings. I actually hated driving on them to the point where if my transmission didn't die on me I would have bought KW's for that car during the winter. North Jersey roads are going to put those through punishment since they don't believe in repaving up there. I myself am waiting for JIC Magic to drop their coilovers for the X's.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:49 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I actually just went from Eibach to BC Coilovers this past weekend. I love I can go slammed when I want, and the ride is actually nicer than on Eibachs.

Quick Reply: Farewell to eibach? Hello to BC?