Review Beware of Forgestar

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:05 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
That is all unreal.

But honestly I am not surprised at all. It is after all a company named Forgestar, selling wheels that are actually not forged.
That should be the first clue, for anyone who dares deal with these guys.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:21 AM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
company name based on a lie..........lol
doomed from the start
Old 10-11-2009, 03:00 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Has anyone on this forum actually had a poor experience with them personally?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:04 AM
g37rider

Umm, BB, did you not read through the posts? heh
Old 10-11-2009, 03:20 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by g37rider
Umm, BB, did you not read through the posts? heh
I saw yours, but as you said, the issue was with iForged wheels. What I was asking is if anyone on this forum has personally had a bad experience with Foregestar wheels?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 AM
nogoodname
Banned

dr. jones is the only person with forgestars

iforged and forgestars are the same folks
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 AM
g37rider

My experience was with Forgestar, but iForged and Forgestar are the same company, same location, same people.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:51 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I purchased mine through D2..... I ordered my wheels on 2/6/2009 and they arrived on 4/6/2009. I'm not going to lie. At one point I called to cancel the order because I felt it was too long but didn't because they were shipped the same day I wanted to cancel.

D2 was great as far as customer service and explaining.... also when I got the wheels one of the centercaps was imperfect. I emailed Forgestar and they sent me 2 more as replacements.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:17 AM
idrive_MD

I purchased mine from ART from G35driver. Paul from ART was great to deal with, so no complaints there. I placed my order end of May, got wheels end of June, had them mounted end of July.

I only had these two complaints and only one is true complaint. Upon inspecting the wheels I noticed that the back surface of the spokes were not completely covered in paint. I ordered the Piano (Gloss) Black finish and the outside face was perfect, but the inside face had some silver showing through. I told them about the back side of the spokes and they just told me that it was typical. I agreed that it isnt uncommon (my OEM wheels have this too), but for an aftermarket wheel it should not be an issue. Especially for a company striving to sell a qaulity product. Paul from ART agreed that it should be taken care of, but Forgestar didnt seem interested, so I just let it go because I knew it would ultimately hold up me getitng my wheels installed before the end of the summer and it is impossible to see unless you are looking at the wheel unmounted.

My only other "not really a complaint" was that within weeks of me installing my new wheels, they offered the 19x11 in a deeper offset range. I asked Forgestar directly if there was anyway to work out a deal of any kind for me to exhcange or trade in my barely used set for ones with the deeper offset and I never got a response. Trust me, I asked numerous times before I placed my order if they had any deeper offsets available and I was simply told "No". I guess you can really only call that a sales response issue though.

Otherwise I absolutely love my wheels. The finish is lasting through numerous weekly washes and I dont see too many if any around, so I enjoy the rarity I guess you could say, however. I've considered selling them to use towards buying a newer set just so I could have the correct offset for the rears without using spacers, but it seems like too much effort on my end to work something out.

Mine are sized 19x10+20 and 19x11+33 with a 12mm spacer. They're now available as 19x11+23 last I checked.

Funny you mentioned the center cap, at the time I ordered my wheels they only had the one default silver style. So upon getting mine, I took some measurements and just made some new ones at work. Painted them black and had a new logo made up to place on it. I think this winter I'll play around with making a few different designs for next summer.

I signed up here soley to chime in on this issue. Its a shame they are letting problems from I-Forged seep into their departments. I hope they can get back on top of things in terms of service, sales and production. I'd hate for them to go bye-bye.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
it takes about all of the higher brand forged wheels about 1-3 months for custom wheels to be developed and shipped to your door, not only iForged, but HRE, DPE, JLINE, and some have waited even longer for Work Wheels; if this is a problem for most of you, try vossen or volk, they have pre cut wheels sitting in wearhouses ready to box and ship.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
idrive_MD

I see they're available in gold now, Im in love again!

Name:  IMG_0293.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  87.3 KB
Old 11-02-2009, 12:30 AM
OCG35
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
The best way to get them is do it through ME! Haha.

I'm friends with the owners and will take care of you personally.

I'm typically on g35driver... does that count? can I get a hook up?

FWIW, I live real close to them as well... I've been to their facility and dealt with (Brian, I think?)... it was quite a while back and just for valve stem bracket for inside rim. Seemed nice enough.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:30 AM
DrJones

I've had mine for 7 months now. They "chip" pretty easily so I tend not to do a lot of freeway driving. However I still love 'em and get tons of compliments.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:17 PM
idrive_MD

Originally Posted by DrJones
I've had mine for 7 months now. They "chip" pretty easily so I tend not to do a lot of freeway driving. However I still love 'em and get tons of compliments.
that sucks, which finished did you get? My Piano Black finish has stood up pretty well, I havent noticed any chipping at all yet and almost every road I touch on my daily commute is riddled with construction projects.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:08 PM
DrJones

^ Gunmetal

Quick Reply: Review Beware of Forgestar