Wheel Protection Package

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Michelangelo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealer gave me the wheel/tire protection free for a year. I am pretty sure after that year is up, they will be calling me asking if I want to buy an extension.

They also gave me the wheel locks, no charge.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:52 PM
ClemInMD

This question is for anyone in the MidAtlantic area that received or was offered the package. Actually Michelangelo since we are from very similar areas I am curious your info as well.

Who was the company that your dealership was using to insure the tires and wheels. The one that the dealership in my area used "Millenium" the one in TX not OK went bankrupt and I am not stuck without any protection and I am trying to get some information on alternatives that I can use whether after market or go to my dealership and state this other store in the mid-atlantic is using this company, transfer my plan to them.

So any info would be great.

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:17 PM
acura19

I believe from a business standpoint, your deal has to honor your warranty package since they sold it to you. The insurance company pays the dealer for the repair. Since the insurance company went bankrupt, your dealer will have to eat it. You are only screwed if both the dealer and the insurance company go bankrupt.

Originally Posted by ClemInMD
This question is for anyone in the MidAtlantic area that received or was offered the package. Actually Michelangelo since we are from very similar areas I am curious your info as well.

Who was the company that your dealership was using to insure the tires and wheels. The one that the dealership in my area used "Millenium" the one in TX not OK went bankrupt and I am not stuck without any protection and I am trying to get some information on alternatives that I can use whether after market or go to my dealership and state this other store in the mid-atlantic is using this company, transfer my plan to them.

So any info would be great.

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:41 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by acura19
I believe from a business standpoint, your deal has to honor your warranty package since they sold it to you. The insurance company pays the dealer for the repair. Since the insurance company went bankrupt, your dealer will have to eat it. You are only screwed if both the dealer and the insurance company go bankrupt.
It depends how the deal is made and whether you're actually buying the package from the 3rd party or directly from Infinity. Whether Infinity would honor is is likely not an issue since they would, but that's a separate issue.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:24 PM
ClemInMD

Originally Posted by SkyMG37x
It depends how the deal is made and whether you're actually buying the package from the 3rd party or directly from Infinity. Whether Infinity would honor is is likely not an issue since they would, but that's a separate issue.

I am actually trying to get in touch with my lawyer on this. The check was written to the Inifiniti dealership. The paperwork was Infiniti and the pamphlet was a reprint of the 3rd parties with the dealerships name on it. So to me I thought all the paperwork was for them. Then I get this note saying the other company did not process my application because they went bankrupt, here is your money back. I have not cashed the check.... I remember that much from contract law. But I want all my ducks in a row so that I can tell them they have to honor the offer and I can give them the names of the other 3rd parties in the area that are insuring the other local dealerships.,
Old 02-15-2011, 01:03 AM
talk12

Originally Posted by billy718
i got the wheel and tire package def worth it doesnt cover curbrash though
Where did you purchase your wheel warranty through and how much did you pay? Please respond to talk12@aol.com. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:04 AM
talk12

Originally Posted by acura19
my deal covers all including curb rash. i paid $675 for 5 years unlimited miles but it must be the stock rims.
Where did you purchase your wheel warranty through? Please respond to talk12@aol.com. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:05 AM
talk12

Where did you purchase your wheel warranty through? Please respond to talk12@aol.com. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:07 AM
talk12

Where did you purchase your wheel warranty through and how much did you pay? Please respond to talk12@aol.com. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:19 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
i got it on my own car... wound up with 2 freaking nails last week and had to replace one 20" tire already in less than a month of ownership....

used it 3 times on my girlfriend's g37 coupe... one rim, 2 tires
Old 02-15-2011, 11:53 AM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My opinion:

Tires - go tirerack.com
Wheels - go craigslist.com

The upfront cost is not worth it imo. Of course unless you were unfortunate enough to have your tires blown 20 miles after you bought your car, then well what can I say?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:55 AM
hollywhip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nobody keeps their stock wheels

I read this in a post somebody wrote in 09 about extended warranties for wheels and tires. "Nobody keeps their stock wheels" Well I sure in the hell will I think the stock wheels on the G are beatiful of course I drive a sedan and I like the coupe wheels better. Anyone with a coupe want to swap wheels with a sedan? Anyway I guess my point is I've seen pictures on this forum and others of Infiniti's with aftermarket wheels on them and let me tell you in my opinion they look crappy. These guys are paying stupid money for these rims and they look like crap especially the black ones.Not very many new cars come with decent looking stock wheels with the exception of the G and the Bimmer.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:44 PM
roots4x

If you know how to drive around potholes, it's better not to get the warranty. If you buy it for every car you own, you might save money on one car, but you'll almost definitely end up losing money. Just pay for tires as they blow out.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 AM
KLB

In my opinion it all depends upon how you drive. Do you put a lot of miles on your car? If it had been offered to me when I got my G I would have gotten it in a heartbeat. I drive 55 miles each way to and from work. The highways are always under construction and there are many times you are not able to drive around a pot hole or object in the road, no matter what others here insinuate.

If you just drive around town some, it probably is not worth the money.

I actually hit something on the highway, I think a chunk of concrete, one morning a few months after I got the car. It dented my wheel and bent the belts on the tire. It was dark and I had a large pickup truck in front of me screening whatever it was. I saw it just before I hit it. Knocked the car up into the air enough that the rear wheel missed it.