VPP Purchasing VPP Purchasing

VPP is out I think

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
iko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bloodhound
Just spoke with nna and ITS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My leasing spread sheet just go so much more attractive.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:54 AM
trendy26

It;s definitely out. Got a nice quote the other day with the VPP.... No dealer fee, and it turned out to be like $600 over invoice, with NO extra fees...
Old 11-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Sweeet P

I'm not surprised it took only 2 months. With the way the market is right now....it was bound to be sooner than later.

Last edited by Sweeet P; 11-02-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Sweeet P

Things keep gettin better. At the same time VPP is available....this happens:

http://www.infiniti.com/current-offe...mepage.Home.P3

2.9% financing!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:34 PM
iko

Originally Posted by Sweeet P
Things keep gettin better. At the same time VPP is available....this happens:

http://www.infiniti.com/current-offe...mepage.Home.P3

2.9% financing!
It's probably been 10 years since I financed a depreciating asset.

2 year leases are the only way to go!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Kach Vartan

Another noob question, but how are most of you qualifying for VPP? Are you actually "friends or extended family members" of Nissan or its affiliates' employees? Can you just walk into a random dealership and say I'm interested in VPP and actually expect the dealer to give you that price?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:48 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kach Vartan
Another noob question, but how are most of you qualifying for VPP? Are you actually "friends or extended family members" of Nissan or its affiliates' employees? Can you just walk into a random dealership and say I'm interested in VPP and actually expect the dealer to give you that price?
For my plan, the D plan, my company has a business relationship with Nissan. I need to get a claim number from Nissan. After I get a claim number I can go down to the dealership and buy my car. I also need to bring some sort of proof of employment, like a paycheck stub or a business card.

So, no you cannot just walk into a dealership and ask for VPP. You need to first qualify and then get a claim number from Nissian.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Sweeet P

Originally Posted by iko

Sure, if you feel the need to have latest and greatest. IMO, I'd rather pay my car off in 4 years or less and keep it for 10-12 years. In the long run, it's financially better. Also, once paid off, if I were to lose my job and my house, at least I can sleep in my car. Oh yes, not to mention, Pride of Ownership =)
Old 11-02-2007, 08:04 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by iko

Sorry, cash is another way...
Old 11-02-2007, 08:18 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Just FYI....they finally changed the front VPP page to say "THE 2008 G37 COUPE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE THROUGH THE VPP PROGRAM UNDER ALL PLANS."
Old 11-02-2007, 09:05 PM
iko

Originally Posted by Sweeet P
Sure, if you feel the need to have latest and greatest. IMO, I'd rather pay my car off in 4 years or less and keep it for 10-12 years. In the long run, it's financially better. Also, once paid off, if I were to lose my job and my house, at least I can sleep in my car. Oh yes, not to mention, Pride of Ownership =)
To be honest the current finance incentive is nice. The lease incentive is rubbish. Never, EVER, put money down on a lease. Current MFs are relatively high, imo, but at least the residuals are good.

It all comes down to accepting you'll be in a car payment. If you resign to that fact then with a lease you get much more car for the money. Not to mention lower (or none) maintenance costs. My M came with free maintenance... everything is covered. The G will have the same thing.

Having purchased and leased dozens of cars I don't necessarily think purchasing is very cost effective or financially better (anecdotally). No money down, lower monthly payments, multiple security deposits with large ROI, no regular maintenance, no new tires, no new brakes, no repairs... all those savings easily earning 10-20% interest per year... hmmm.. I wish I had the time to run a spread sheet model since it would be interesting to see. I think overall the money *saved* by purchasing is negligible over the course of 10 years. At least in today's market interest rates have been traditionally low.

Yes, I like a new car every few years. Each car has been more up to date, had more features, more horsepower, more comfort or whatever is currently my whim. At this stage of my life, I have no plans to sleep in my car. That ended w/ my '73 Westfalia.

Pride of ownership for me is the 1966 convertible I keep in the garage.

Do you plan on keeping the G for 10-12 years?
Old 11-02-2007, 09:12 PM
iko

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Sorry, cash is another way...
Paying cash for a depreciating asset is better? Think of all the money you could earn with investments. 25% per year isn't that hard to achieve and 40k can turn into 98k in 4 years. Lease payment of 560 a month for 4 years is ~27k. That's net 71k in over that period.

Last edited by iko; 11-02-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Sweeet P

Originally Posted by iko
To be honest the current finance incentive is nice. The lease incentive is rubbish. Never, EVER, put money down on a lease. Current MFs are relatively high, imo, but at least the residuals are good.

It all comes down to accepting you'll be in a car payment. If you resign to that fact then with a lease you get much more car for the money. Not to mention lower (or none) maintenance costs. My M came with free maintenance... everything is covered. The G will have the same thing.

Having purchased and leased dozens of cars I don't necessarily think purchasing is very cost effective or financially better (anecdotally). No money down, lower monthly payments, multiple security deposits with large ROI, no regular maintenance, no new tires, no new brakes, no repairs... all those savings easily earning 10-20% interest per year... hmmm.. I wish I had the time to run a spread sheet model since it would be interesting to see. I think overall the money *saved* by purchasing is negligible over the course of 10 years. At least in today's market interest rates have been traditionally low.

Yes, I like a new car every few years. Each car has been more up to date, had more features, more horsepower, more comfort or whatever is currently my whim. At this stage of my life, I have no plans to sleep in my car. That ended w/ my '73 Westfalia.

Pride of ownership for me is the 1966 convertible I keep in the garage.

Do you plan on keeping the G for 10-12 years?
I plan on keeping it as long as I can, until I find myself putting more money into it than it's worth.

So, leasing is better? I'm no financial guru, but from what I understand, the cost to a continuous cycle of leasing over the years is not money smart. At least, that's seems to be the consensus among financial experts. I don't recall anyone saying "To build your savings and to be wealthy, LEASE your car, don't purchase." Yes, leasing keeps you from paying out lots of money up front, but eventually, the savings decrease. Don't get me wrong, leasing is the better way to go if you want to have the newest car with the latest technology. But unfortunately, it will cost you more to continue that trend.

Oh yes, and I agree with Chi-Town G37, cash is the way to go. That's why I paid cash for my Lexus 2 months ago.

BTW, 73' Westfalia? What is that? Sorry, I was born in 77'

Last edited by Sweeet P; 11-02-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Sweeet P

Originally Posted by iko
Paying cash for a depreciating asset is better? Think of all the money you could earn with investments. 25% per year isn't that hard to achieve and 40k can turn into 98k in 4 years. Lease payment of 560 a month for 4 years is ~27k. That's net 71k in over that period.
If you're saying 25% ain't hard to achieve, you surely must have done it yourself. Which leads me to this question? Why bother considering a G. Shouldn't you be looking at a GTR?

Last edited by Sweeet P; 11-02-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:52 AM
khoad

Originally Posted by ohseedee
For my plan, the D plan, my company has a business relationship with Nissan. I need to get a claim number from Nissan. After I get a claim number I can go down to the dealership and buy my car. I also need to bring some sort of proof of employment, like a paycheck stub or a business card.

So, no you cannot just walk into a dealership and ask for VPP. You need to first qualify and then get a claim number from Nissian.
I qualify for D plan as well. Post up how much your quote is before TTL.

Quick Reply: VPP is out I think