CTS -V and Q40 AWD (ECUTEK TUNED) toying around.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 03:42 PM
Awgd8

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CTS -V and Q40 AWD (ECUTEK TUNED) toying around.

I'm just curious how our Q40 SEDAN AWD (ECUTEK by Visconti on map 4) running behind a CTS-V.

Just an FYI , this was just a quick burst and we don't condone street racing in this forum.

As you can see in the video the CTS-V is a bit aggressive. So I decided to see how far the Q40 sedan AWD fall behind.

When I changed lane in the beginning I was in 2nd gear (rolling) so it did not give me that instant pull like my 1st gear , I saw the CTS-V punched it when the light turns green. I hit the red line on top of 3rd gear as you can see the rev limiter bounced , and I fell behind a bit, but I was surprised I was not far behind in real world 0-60 encounter. I drive my Q40 in M mode 100% all the time.

He seems like he knows his car well since he did not floor it off the line to get a better hook from the dig. This look like an older CTS-V rear wheel drive.

Mod. if this is against the rule. Pls. PM me and I will remove it.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:15 AM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Dude that CTS-V let off at 0:23 in your video and he clearly pulled hard the second before that. The only reason you think your car kept up is because you stayed on the throttle and eventually caught up when he let off seconds before..

You're getting a little too excited from that small little sprint. If you were side by side with him and did a rolling run again you will clearly see how fast and hard he will pull on you.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:03 AM
Awgd8

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran
Dude that CTS-V let off at 0:23 in your video and he clearly pulled hard the second before that. The only reason you think your car kept up is because you stayed on the throttle and eventually caught up when he let off seconds before..

You're getting a little too excited from that small little sprint. If you were side by side with him and did a rolling run again you will clearly see how fast and hard he will pull on you.
I’m not excited , but I expect a better pull from that car. I’ve seen a newer Camaro SS that pulled in front of me and that is more amazing to see. I’m not tryng to say my car is fast, but I can tell that CTS-V is pretty heavy.

When i pulled 2nd and 3rd he did not gain distance until I hit the rev limiter.
Dash cam view always looks far in real life. Play it again 2nd and 3rd gear. He did not pull as hard as a Camaro SS on the low end.

I replayed this 20x and my rolling 2nd and 3rd pull , he did not gain distance until I bounced my rev limiter on top of 3rd gear and he pulled away and slowed down. I know the power ofthe CTS-V

Last edited by Awgd8; 10-29-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Crazyirish
Premier Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
Yeah, but you have no idea what the driver of the CTS-V was doing. Tests like this make for trash data. Drawing any conclusions would be an error.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:51 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Awgd8
I’m not excited , but I expect a better pull from that car. I’ve seen a newer Camaro SS that pulled in front of me and that is more amazing to see. I’m not tryng to say my car is fast, but I can tell that CTS-V is pretty heavy.

When i pulled 2nd and 3rd he did not gain distance until I hit the rev limiter.
Dash cam view always looks far in real life. Play it again 2nd and 3rd gear. He did not pull as hard as a Camaro SS on the low end.

I replayed this 20x and my rolling 2nd and 3rd pull , he did not gain distance until I bounced my rev limiter on top of 3rd gear and he pulled away and slowed down. I know the power of the CTS-V
Dash cam video footage are not foreign to me. I own a 2-channel Thinkware F750 and have 40+ videos on youtube of my car vs numerous other cars.

You're making conclusions on a small sprint to 60mph. Do you realize at 60mph and up is what separates the men from the boys? At 60mph the race is barely starting.

Just because your car was able to stay relatively close from 5 to 60mph doesn't mean much. Try running one from 0 to 120mph or 40 to 120mph and see how close you are than.