2012 Lexus LFA vs 2010 Nissan GT-R Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:58 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
Now, WTF is Honda doing? Rumor has it the HSV010 may get a consumer version; it is already production ready.[/quote]

I know, I'm still waiting for the NSX, or a cool new CRX! WTF is RIGHT!!
The following users liked this post:
RaulMindsHisOwn (07-09-2013)
Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
The technologies discovered and created for this car will eventually trickle down to the rest of their product lines in some way shape or form.
let's hope so. toyota has been in a performance slumber for a loooooooooooooong time.

i love toyota..even owned a 01 celica gt-s, it was a notch better than an acura integra gsr but a 2 notches lower than an itr.

...been a fan of toyos since the all trac, then the mk iv supras, the 3gste mr2s...hell even the mr2 spyder was neat LOL.

my wife owns an 05 scion tc and its complete a$$...and it's their sportiest car in production excluding the lexus line.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I think the GTR is about 3 years old now? The LFA new, prototype new? Think I heard they will sell 150 LFA's in the USA this year? Anyone hear how they do on the track against a current GTR or ZR1? A good time to challenge them no? Might be a good reason they stick to straight line times? I will grant them the car looks and sounds sweet. Good at breaking wine glasses too.
Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Dmac324

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer-Bob
I think the GTR is about 3 years old now? The LFA new, prototype new? Think I heard they will sell 150 LFA's in the USA this year? Anyone hear how they do on the track against a current GTR or ZR1? A good time to challenge them no? Might be a good reason they stick to straight line times? I will grant them the car looks and sounds sweet. Good at breaking wine glasses too.
Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
Yea the wine glass thing is crazy, but it revs way too high at a whopping 9k RPMs. Around a track ill take the GTR thats in my garage.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
I suppose those sportbikes that give your GT-R a run for 1/10 the cost rev too high at 14-16k?

Or how about those ferraris that do 9k

You hear a GT-R go buy, you don't even notice it. It's just another loud car. If you hear a LF-A go by, you'll go "wtf was that"
Old 08-12-2010, 02:11 AM
Dmac324

I suppose those sportbikes that give your GT-R a run for 1/10 the cost rev too high at 14-16k?

Or how about those ferraris that do 9k

You hear a GT-R go buy, you don't even notice it. It's just another loud car. If you hear a LF-A go by, you'll go "wtf was that"
You cant compare bikes to cars.. way different. and the ferraris too, all of em. sure they may turn more heads, but you also get plenty in the GTR. Either way this one will smoke the LFA and a few others. Soon to have 675 whp.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Dmac324
You cant compare bikes to cars.. way different. and the ferraris too, all of em. sure they may turn more heads, but you also get plenty in the GTR. Either way this one will smoke the LFA and a few others. Soon to have 675 whp.
If power is your metric for a car's performance, go buy a GT500. Cheaper, and easier to mod for more power. Or better yet, go find a clean MKIV supra. It'll cost you around 30k. Put another 50k into it and you'll be well into the 600-800whp range. All for less than the rice of a GT-R.

If you buy a car to turn heads... well... you must be seriously lacking in some other areas.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Dmac324

If power is your metric for a car's performance, go buy a GT500. Cheaper, and easier to mod for more power. Or better yet, go find a clean MKIV supra. It'll cost you around 30k. Put another 50k into it and you'll be well into the 600-800whp range. All for less than the rice of a GT-R.

If you buy a car to turn heads... well... you must be seriously lacking in some other areas.
The last part was exactly my point, i was saying that to the guy that said you;; say wtf was that when an LFA goes by. And i'm not saying hp is what its all about, but 675 whp on a GTR is insane, its wayyyy different than 600-800 whp on a supra. this thing is all wheel drive. All im saying is ill take the GTR over the LFA.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:28 PM
DmfG37sTT

I say screw both cars. Ill take a ZR1 thank you
Old 08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Dmac324

Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
I say screw both cars. Ill take a ZR1 thank you
to all his own, from my experience the ZR1 gets too much hype. there is a guy that claims to have his ZR1 at 1000hp, but it does nothing for him because his tires spin from 1-3rd and by the time he gets decent traction the other person is gone.. it does look clean though. just my .02
Old 08-12-2010, 12:38 PM
DmfG37sTT

Your right.... but what your saying is that some rich guy decided that the zr1 was not fast enough for him so he decided to throw some extra ponnies under the hood without being able to get it to connect to the ground. A 800 rwhp vette would outrun his 1000hp vette if he cant connect. But from the factory the ZR1 is just better.

And if he is continuously spinning the tires its most likly driver error. Your still able to feather the throttle and get good response out of the tires than you ever would trying to throw down 1000hp all the time.

Take alberto's 350z for example. his best run was when he featherd it through the gears and waited for it to grip to open it up all the way. Just because you have the power doesnt mean you have the ability to put it down the right way.

Another example is GTM's 1000hp 370z. With the traction control modual they have it should make it ten times easier to get the car to connect.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Dmac324

Your right.... but what your saying is that some rich guy decided that the zr1 was not fast enough for him so he decided to throw some extra ponnies under the hood without being able to get it to connect to the ground. A 800 rwhp vette would outrun his 1000hp vette if he cant connect. But from the factory the ZR1 is just better.

And if he is continuously spinning the tires its most likly driver error. Your still able to feather the throttle and get good response out of the tires than you ever would trying to throw down 1000hp all the time.

Take alberto's 350z for example. his best run was when he featherd it through the gears and waited for it to grip to open it up all the way. Just because you have the power doesnt mean you have the ability to put it down the right way.

Another example is GTM's 1000hp 370z. With the traction control modual they have it should make it ten times easier to get the car to connect.
True, but i was mainly just putting that bit in there to support the hype bit i put in there.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:49 PM
DmfG37sTT

How can you not hype about that car...the same can be said about the GT-R and the lexus, even lambo's are to hyped up for what they really are. But with the ZR1 your just getting raw power.

Now im not taking away from the GT-R. As you can see in the redline time attacks the GT-R does VERY well. But if I had to choose the ZR1 would win me over.

I mean Jay leno owns both the nissan GT-R and the Corvette ZR1 and he even says the GT-R doesnt come close to the ZR1. ill take it from someone who has the opportunity to drive both whenever he feels like lol
Old 08-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Dmac324

How can you not hype about that car...the same can be said about the GT-R and the lexus, even lambo's are to hyped up for what they really are. But with the ZR1 your just getting raw power.

Now im not taking away from the GT-R. As you can see in the redline time attacks the GT-R does VERY well. But if I had to choose the ZR1 would win me over.

I mean Jay leno owns both the nissan GT-R and the Corvette ZR1 and he even says the GT-R doesnt come close to the ZR1. ill take it from someone who has the opportunity to drive both whenever he feels like lol
lol im not saying i wouldnt buy one or something, i would. just for me i like the GTR more. and sure leno can say that about his GTR, but not the modded one in my garage
Old 08-12-2010, 12:54 PM
DmfG37sTT

Leno's ZR1 has not been touched what so ever. It was the very first one made...look at his Vin number. And in the youtube video they Stamp the ZR1 with the techs name who hand built the car. One person builds the motor from start to finish so that when something goes wrong they know who to go to..........

And if you look at the problems the guys with the GT-R are having with warrenty issues and motor problems. Its been said that if you use the Launch option from the GT-R it voids the warrenty. whats the point of having it there when they dont want you to use it? I guess the same thing can apply for the speed limit lol

Quick Reply: 2012 Lexus LFA vs 2010 Nissan GT-R Video