Hyundai Genesis sounds like our G?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:11 PM
wbimota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one thing Gen is better than G is Gen is way easier to fix-up than G i think. because of that there r hundreds of fixup parts for Gen already. way more than G's
Old 12-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It's nice... But its a poor man's G... Nothin but punk kids and mid-lifers will be driving those... It's still just a friggen Hyundai Excel on cheap steriods in my eyes....

Old 12-30-2008, 03:44 PM
w0ady

Originally Posted by ice350
A lot of people still feel Infiniti is inferior because it is essentially, a Nissan. I don't. I like Nissan/Infiniti, Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura and now Hyandai with it Genesis sedan and coupes.
yup this is the logic that shows how ignorant most americans are. the only way for them to step past the "hyundai" taint is to start fresh with a new luxury division and a different name.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:53 PM
xyz
Registered Member

From autoblog:

"Among them: Over the past 90 days, the Genesis has sold "at or near objectives" and the company considers its performance to be "a very healthy launch." The sedan went on sale in July, and dealers have shifted 5,127 units thus far, including 1,151 last month. Ewanick notes that fully 90 percent of all Genesis buyers are originating outside of the brand, including 40 percent that "have traded in vehicles like Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche." In addition, the Hyundai veep believes that the Genesis has helped contribute to brand-building, citing awareness and consideration figures that have jumped 25 percent in 2008 alone."

I guess they are moving pretty well . . . w/ guys switching from other luxury brands . . . .
Old 12-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Keng

What about you trade in a Lexus LS and not to pay a penny and dealer has to pay you? Does it work that way?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:47 AM
w0ady

with the economy like it is, its no surprise people are going for lower payments. they're getting more bang for their buck. thats 1 thing thats helping out hyundai right now.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:27 AM
08ivorypearl

Originally Posted by ice350
I was told by a salesman the intent is for Genesis to become the higher end division of Hyundai....like Infiniti is to Nissan.
A lot of people still feel Infiniti is inferior because it is essentially, a Nissan. I don't. I like Nissan/Infiniti, Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura and now Hyandai with it Genesis sedan and coupes.
In fact, Hyundai stands behind their cars with a better warranty than anyone else. That means the quality is there and they know it, so they cover it. If I were to buy a Genesis, I would definitely change the badging...they have Genesis emblems to replace the Hyundai thing.
nissan has always designes their own cars not stold ideas... not only that but ever wonder why there are so many old as nissans all over the place? its bc theyre good quality cars. infiniti still has that quality and yet takes it up another step and more luxury to it. hyundai/genesis would never be a nissan/infiniti.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:58 PM
gthal

I have to say that many of these comments are crap! Let's not become elitists!! I owned a BMW before the G and ALL of the BMW owners crapped on Infiniti too (it's ONLY a Nissan you know!!).

If we are all becoming badge ****** then we are completely ignoring the car itself which is stupid. My wife owns a Hyundai Veracruz which we purchased after driving the Lexus RX350. The Hyundai is clearly a copy but it is also about 95% of the vehicle for 75% of the cost. If I was concerned about the image alone, I would have spent the extra $10,000 for the Lexus. What mattered to me was the vehicle and Hyundai makes great cars today. All reliability studies show their cars right up there with Infiniti, Lexus, Toyota, etc. You can say they don't have the reliability of an Infiniti but that is just uninformed speculation... maybe not quite equal to Infiniti but damn close. The reality is they have great quality standards today (maybe not so much 5 years ago). Their warranties are great and they are amazing cars for the money.

If you are only concerned about image, then you are right, the Genesis sucks. But then again, many would suggest so does Infiniti compared to a BMW or Mercedes if you are looking at image. Drive the car, if it sucks, then is sucks. If it is good bang for the buck and performs as expected, who cares if it has an Infiniti badge or a Hyundai badge. I absolutely HATED the superiority complex everyone had on the BMW forums and how they completely dismissed all other cars (including the G where many dismissed its performance and clearly thought it would get less "respect" on the roads being just an upscale Nissan)... let's not do that here. We are much smarter We all know the G is an amazing car, irrespective of the badge, and the Genesis may be similar... who knows, let's not let the badge decide.

Last edited by gthal; 12-31-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:34 AM
Jkg37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i agree
Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Galbi

Originally Posted by 08ivorypearl
hyundai/genesis would never be a nissan/infiniti.
People said market for PC's would only be in the teens, anything heavier than a bird will not fly, it's impossible for human beings to land on the moon. My point, nothing is impossible my friend. If you put your mind to it, anything is possible. I believe its possible you will purchase a Hyundai in 10 years.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:49 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Originally Posted by gan78mao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xokgz...eature=related

I found this video and some how the Genesis with exhaust seems to sound like our car with exhaust a little bit! which i think is kinda gay!!!!!!!

And the G sounds like a Z.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:04 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Guys, you all sound like a bunch of cry babies. The Genesis is a great car. So what if it looks similar to the G. A lot of coupes look similar to each other. There really isn't many other ways these days to design a car.

Truthfully I would probably own a Genesis Sedan over a Infiniti now just because of the price and features you get. I have owned Nissan/Infiniti products all my life, and I should be loyal and I am, but for the price and what you get, sorry Infiniti.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Brush

hyundai is basically talking a lot of **** to our 37's, look at there forums...if i see any of these genesis coupes around my way ill be sure to *** with him... I hate these copy cats
Old 01-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Galbi

Originally Posted by Brush
hyundai is basically talking a lot of **** to our 37's, look at there forums...if i see any of these genesis coupes around my way ill be sure to *** with him... I hate these copy cats
Hyundai, the company, has nothing to do with criticizing the G37. It's the people who are potential customers of Genesis who are doing the actual comparisons in that forum. Big difference. Don't take things personally. They haven't done anything to you personally.

At the end of the day, our cars are just that cars. Transportation, a tool. Our culture has a tendency to judge and perceive people by what cars they drive, which I think is ridiculous. People who do this are too self-conscious and insecure of themselves.

Last edited by Galbi; 01-02-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Wezbian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Galbi
Hyundai, the company, has nothing to do with criticizing the G37. It's the people who are potential customers of Genesis who are doing the actual comparisons in that forum. Big difference. Don't take things personally. They haven't done anything to you personally.
Actually I feel like this was a personal attack on my values as a consumer and as an American I feel it is my duty to find someway to sue and profit from this... who's with me? Nothing says money like Class Action Lawsuit!

Quick Reply: Hyundai Genesis sounds like our G?