Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

S&r

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 03:08 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Thumbs down S&r

Ok So here goes, Everyone on here knows I'm trying to squeeze more HP out of my Stillen kit, An some ideas where tossed around about moving the MAF's but I decided to stay with their location upgrade them and make the intake bigger. Because the car was down for the SC anyway, I did not have an issue with sending the intake out to be traced if need be. So the only thing was finding someone to do it, Because I have no on local to me I had to depend on someone out of state to complete the FAB job.

Honestly they where not my first choice Motion Lab and Alex was,. but there where in the middle of a move and could not do it for me by the date I needed it by. So I poked around here saw S&R's work on the single turbo for us looked at there work and decided to give them a call( All most two weeks ago), So I put a call in spoke to the sales guy , Told him about my project, He was helpful asked for my name and phone # and said he had to talk to his FAB guys and see what it would cost and how long, He also told me he was familiar with the Stillen kit and new the intake piece I was talking about. So I gave him my # and waited for the call . . ..He called my back about 20 mins later( last time he ever called me) Told me they could do it , It would be a one day turn around and would be about $75-100. I said ok Cool, I have it shipped to you ASAP( They did need it to trace).. That was one the 6th, I spent $$$ on two air and had it to them by Thursday the 9th. I called him back on Tuesday and gave him the trax # of the package. I also tracked it on my own, Saw it was delivered and singed for , Waited a few hours and did not get a call saying" hey man it here, we got it" ,So I called him and he tells me they have it and they will start on it .. I wait till the following Monday( 2 days) no call from them on Friday( Should have been done) . So Monday I call and ask hey what's going on everything going ok,?. He says "NO" we need to order the material?? I'm like UM?? Really, He says "OH we did not know this was a cast piece so we have to order the cast material"?? (UM WHY, can't you just make a aluminum one like everyone else?) And they have to talk again to the FAB guy and get me a price and he'll call me back today....?? Another day goes by no call, I call again on Wednesday and ask what's going on, "UM Still no materials and no price yet ",So they have had my intake for 5 days now and done nothing with it, UM OK?? So he tells me he will call me back with a price and update on the parts they ordered today.. Wednesday goes by no call, I'm really getting tired of this my car is going back together the end of the week, and I have NO intake.. ok So I called again on Thursday and say" what's up man what are we doing with intake , Just send it back forget man".. . He says " OH UM where almost done with it and we can OVN back to you, Cause I know you needed it", I'm thinking OK, finally I can relax now.. So here's where it gets REAL fun, He says" Ok we are almost all set and its.........$394 ", I instant flip out ,What the hell you talking about you told me $75-100, NOT $400, He say's " OH well that was a estimate, you know around $75-100 but not the price", I'm like "ok I understand that but $75-100 is no where near $394, Don't you think you should have called me( Hell even once) and said hey man this is more than I thought and told me that price" Cause I would have said "NO THANX" and shipped it back," Or HECK even the one time he called me back WAY BACK 10 days ago, An said yea that would be around 3-350 or so I wouldn't have even sent to them.. So I argue and the price magically comes down to $194, At this point I just need the damn thing back, So I say ok cool, He tells me he will call me back after they box it up and get my CC # for payment so they can OVN it back to me. That was yesterday at 11am or so, I called them today no answer and the VM is full, Really full??? So I called Stillen and bought I replacement one, Screw it I'm out the $40 I paid to ship it to them 2 day AIR and the $195 I had to pay for a new one and 2nd day air to me. I don't even want to bother and argue with them to send "MY INTAKE BACK" Funny thing was is Kellyfields was going to take a ride over there for me and they where going to measure the pipe after the SC incase I did decide to move the MAF's. No NOW, I will never call them for anything..

Here is my thoughts. They want to keep it , Why who knows but still till this minute 253pm NO CALL.. Nice way to do business,
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
timp
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
ANMVQ

So sorry to hear all the hassel you are going through!!! When you have your ride all back together and enjoying the new power the bad experience will be but a distant memory. Keep us posted on the build!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:24 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Thanx man, I will car shuold be back together by mid next week, Waiting for the intake now,, The tune is on the 27th
Old 08-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats on almost having this whole issue behind you. Sorry you have another hoop to jump through. I can only imagine the hassle this whole thing has been. Sorry bro.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:24 AM
G37Stampa

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry you had to go through that . Should of been a quick turn around.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:32 AM
seymore4
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
EDIT: you already did.

Some shops think they're "better" than the average customer but its threads like this that can really put them in their place... don't back down get whats yours back man

Last edited by seymore4; 08-18-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Sorry to hear what you are going through.
If you could please format your post as its really really hard to read.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:17 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Wow, never expected them to go down that road
Old 08-20-2012, 09:04 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Ok just a update cause it doesnt look like S&R is not on here From Bobby at S&R , Much props and will be talking to him today, The REALLY step up and was something I NEVER expect, Great service A SUPER ++ .

I would like to start off by apologizing for the lack of communication of my new sales person. I saw your intake come in and asked him about it and he said I got it. Our fab guy has been super busy. Plus we are moving to a new 15000sqft facility so whole shop is upside down. Again there are no excuses and I admit fault here. There will be no charge for your intake.
You can ask Tim & Mike I'm a straight shooter and for now on just deal with me I'm the owner Bobby. I will deal with my salesperson. Again I'm Sorry

Last edited by G37Sam; 08-20-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Advertising
Old 08-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Glad they are going to make good. Suicks what was going on. You have been through some crap with a couple of companies, glad to see it go your way.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Thats great!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:40 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Tazicon
Glad they are going to make good. Suicks what was going on. You have been through some crap with a couple of companies, glad to see it go your way.
Yea me too, Thanx man,
Old 08-25-2012, 12:47 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Still can get a break, Read the below and link is to pics. Terriable INTAKE
Ok really glad we left this open, So we know Bobby stepped up and said he would make things right. . . ??? So I had to call again 3 times to get the tracking #, Yes I understand they are busy moving but someone can not pick up the phone for 30 seconfs and give me the trax #? So I finally get it, the dealer gets the intake like they said OVN( Wend), I get excited to see it, The tech calls me and says" Look man you have to come see this thing before I put it on"? Ok thats not good since the dealer is like 35-40 mins from me, So I get out there(today) and look at it AN REALLY MAN, I'm supposed to put that on my car?? The intake welds look like crap, There is a crack in the intake, The MAF's are off center and have gaps on the inside, one of the welds have a HUGE hump in it, There is no way this is going on the car, Then to top it all off they did not send me MY STILLEN intake I sent them to trace, An I have to use the one I bought from Stillen that they where going to take back..So regaurdless I spent $170 on a paper weight( S&R's intake_.. BTW I called them 4 times this morning to try to talk to them before I put this up here but no on picked up,

The only good this is the Impeller on the sc, Pics are below of everything. I know guys on here said Bobby is a good guy, He maybe but the people he is trusting to do things are suspect at best.. The intake looks like it was rushed and looks like is SHOULD BE FREE, terriable

S&R - Page 3 - Nissan 370Z Forum