TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Does the dealership have to honor your TSB work request?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:46 PM
SeMaJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the dealership have to honor your TSB work request?

I brought my car to the dealer recently for the brake "judder" TSB . The high speed vibration i seem to get when i hit the brakes at 50-60 mph....to make a long story short the service tech informed me that my brakes were fine but the rotors were looking kind of suspect, in order to fix he'd have to have them re-surfaced, at $250 a pop. my question is isn't that what the Brake TSB covers in the first place?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
nogoodname
Banned

its not high speed vibration.... you of said "whenever i slow down, the pedal shakes as well as the car".....

most dealers will test drive the car to see if they can replicate the problem, if they can not... you're out of steam... if they can and the VIN matches the TSB, you get the warranty work!!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:57 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I just droped mine off for this today. I told them it was happening at highway speeds, 55+. They called me a few hours after i dropped it off confirming the vibration and that they are ordering the parts necessary to perform the TSB. Sounds like your dealer is giving you the run around.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:12 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
i would like someone with knowledge of dealership warranty policies and manufacturer reimbursement procedure to explain why any dealership would give an owner a hard time about warranty work. am i wrong in thinking a dealership would want to do as much warranty work as possbile since they will be paid by the manufacturer? please explain.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
it honestly is not the dealership that has the say to approve a TSB or any warranty work, Infiniti corporate is who has the say.

My best advice is for you to take the time to go out on a road test with a tech if you're experiencing an exact issue. Sometimes the tech won't feel the same issue you're describing, or if the car is sitting for a while it might not happen as if it will when it's warmed up
Old 10-07-2009, 09:00 AM
SeMaJ

Thank you Guys for your input, also mayor i think i'll follow your advice.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:47 PM
ak47
Banned

big tsb on sport brakes. rotors they are covered for resurfacing under 15000 and under a year of ownership. but if the dealer is cool they will cover it...
Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
^ I was over a year and 15000 and they still covered it.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
G2Envy

My sister recently took her Mini Cooper S to the dealership to fix this "howling" noise when engaging first gear. She had the TSB printed out and everything but the guys in the back could not REPLICATE the noise. They held on to the car for 4 days since it usually makes the noise on cold starts but still could not produce that noise.

They did not do any warranty work because of that. Lame!
Old 12-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Reiki_Rocket

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
^ I was over a year and 15000 and they still covered it.

+1

Just became 2nd owner at 20k and they turned the rotors and installed the baffles under the TSB - but no new pads since they were 7mm (3mm over the 4mm replacement point).
Old 01-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thought my Dealership might give me a hard time too about this since I've read quite a few post about Dealerships not wanting to do warrantied work. but my Dealership is fixing the prob as I type this right now(ITB09-37). So far no cost out of pocket and I'm at 18,400+ miles.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:30 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even if they are going to charge you, that price seems high. You can put new OEM or aftermarket rotors and pads on for under the $500 they quoted you to turn the ones you have. Changing rotors and pads on this car is a real snap.

Originally Posted by SeMaJ
I brought my car to the dealer recently for the brake "judder" TSB . The high speed vibration i seem to get when i hit the brakes at 50-60 mph....to make a long story short the service tech informed me that my brakes were fine but the rotors were looking kind of suspect, in order to fix he'd have to have them re-surfaced, at $250 a pop. my question is isn't that what the Brake TSB covers in the first place?
Old 11-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Skilled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys just got back from my dealer today and at first they were like rotors re-surface is not under warranty so i was like can you check the tsb see if its will qualify under premature brake juddering or something and i left my car there when i got called back they told me they did my brakes and new back plate, fix my dash cluster( was peeling), fix my thigh adjustment(air hose was loose), and they even loosen my shiftknob for free because i asked them too.. the only thing bad was they was and clean the car but right after i saw some swirl marks well my car is black, after i left the dealers i'm like man i should have told them not to wash and clean my car lol o well i guess i can get the car detail and buff out the swirl marks. oh and my car is 46,xxx miles but i only had it for 2 week lol..
Old 11-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Has anyone had this tsb done and had spacers? I have a little vibration when hard braking but I am worried they will say it is because of my spacers. I guess I could just pull them off before takng it in.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:13 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was over a year and 15k and they covered me. I believe I made the thread on this TSB. THey are giving you the runaround. Tell them that if the problem is as described in the TSB and your vehicle falls in the VIN range that you should be taken care of under warranty.

Quick Reply: Does the dealership have to honor your TSB work request?