The FX-Spot General discussion for the FX35/FX45

Don't let Troncalli Infiniti cheat you like they did me.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:13 PM
RileyMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't let Troncalli Infiniti cheat you like they did me.

On Feb 25th 2006 I purchased from Troncalli Infiniti a new 2005 FX35. The FX35 I bought had aftermarket Chrome rims installed prior to my purchase. I paid Troncalli an additional $2,000 for the rims. At the time of the purchase it was raining very bad and was given a IOU for a detail to clean the car. Prior to my returning to Troncalli (The weather had been quite bad) I cleaned the vehicle myself and noticed that there was a rust like film and also the chrome lug nuts were rusting on the chrome rims. Before I could take it back to Troncalli I also got a low tire warning on my dashboard of course indicating that a tire was low. I pulled over and verified visually that the tires were okay. When I got home I checked the tires with a pressure gauge and after pulling the gauge away could hear the air slowly leaking out of the valve stem. I joggled the valve cores and got the air to stop hissing out. I returned to Troncalli on 3/25 to have the rusting lug nuts replaced, the valve stems looked at and also air pressure sensors initialized (879 miles on the odometer). After four days of them trouble shooting, they realized that when the aftermarket rims were installed that they never installed the air sensors or put in the correct valve stems (Manufacturer suggests that when the vale stems are removed to replace the following to insure correct operation: Valve stem Grommet, Valve core, locking nut and valve cap). All of this was corrected except they never did clean the rusty film off of the chrome rims. I informed their Customer relationship person and she drove out the following week to my job to pick up the car and leave me with a loaner. When the car was returned to me, I noticed that not only did they not clean all of the film off, they also dented and scratched the rims. I informed their Customer relationship person of it right away. She told me that she could not make any decisions to correct the issue and referred me to the Service manager. After playing phone tag for several days we agreed to meet on a Saturday at Troncalli. Prior to me meeting him I called to make sure that He was there. The lady that answered the phone at the Service desk assured me that He was not onsite. Monday I called him and asked Him about Saturday. He told me that in fact He was there, but She just didn’t know it. We finally agreed for Him to meet me at my work for Him to look at the scratches. He came out looked at the dents and scratches and stated that He had a person that worked on this type of stuff and He would call me back in a couple of days. In the mean time I had taken the rims off to paint my brake calipers (They also did not provide me with a wrench to do so. The factory one did not work on these rims) I found out why the lug nuts were rusting. Inside of the holes where the lug nuts go, it was corroding badly and the chrome has already stared to peel off. After waiting a week and a half and numerous phone calls to the Service manager, I finally talked to him. He stated that they were not going to buy me new rims and I was out of luck (He did not know about the corrosion at that time). I asked for His Boss and was referred to Dennis Sledge. We scheduled an appointment for him to look at the rims. I came by on a Saturday and showed him the corrosion. He took a step back and said from here they look fine. I explained to Him that the corrosion would soon be more visible since it was almost to the top of the lug nuts. He told me that I did not know for sure that the corrosion would continue to grow. I told Him that it did not start out that big and would continue to grow (Remember that this is a new car and had gotten that far in less that 5 months). He told me that he would talk to the owners and get back with me. Since He never got back with me I called Him and He stated that they would give me $500.00 towards the rims. He stated that they had people that could fix them for $80 - $90 dollars and they were being more then generous with their offer. I had just paid $2000 for the rims 5 months earlier and cannot replace the rims for that amount (The rims are $290.00 a piece). I told him that I would let them fix them and save them money, but the offer was declined. After going round and round with them, I asked them for the company that did their work, so that I could have them repaired. Dennis gave me the number of AWR in Norcross and I set up an Appt. with them to get an estimate. The estimate came back at $1,516.00 with a 5 to 6 week turn around (They would have to be totally stripped and re-chromed). I would also incur a cost of a rental car for 5 – 6 weeks, and would have to purchase jack stands for my BRAND NEW car to sit on while the rims were being repaired. I knew from research that it would be cheaper to buy new rims than to re-chrome them, I was just hoping that hearing from someone other than me would change their mind. I faxed them the estimate with a note attached restating that I was not trying to rip them off, but had the best interest of Troncalli and Myself in mind. I called Dennis and he once again informed me that they would only offer $500.00. I have asked Him to take it before the Owners again and also informed Him that the estimate was not done on the scratches or dents but the corrosion. The rims were bad when I bought them, I just did not notice it at that time. I’m sure they couldn’t help but see it when they worked on it, but just didn’t care enough to correct it. I have declined to take their offer of $500.00 Instead I will spread the word of my experience.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:20 PM
lckennebrew

Is this Troncalli in Atlanta because I deal with them alot and will keep this in mine
Old 07-26-2006, 10:26 PM
05BlkG35Man

troncalli is in Decatur, Ga by the dekalb medical center.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:25 PM
RileyMan

Troncalli

Yes, you are both correct. Please keep them in mind, when you go somewhere else.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:33 PM
absolutg

i'm not even going to try and read that. heard of paragraphs?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:54 PM
RileyMan

Not going to read that.

I don't blame you. Have YOU ever heard that all sentences begin with a capital letter.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Brando

Cool

I feel your pain.....but you are not getting very much as far as a quality wheel for $290 each........
Old 07-29-2006, 01:09 AM
tekknikal

i read the whole thing.
if it were me id file a claim against them in small claims court for the cost of repairs + the cost of an equivilent rental during the time. good luck.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:04 AM
RileyMan

Small Claims

That might be in the near future. Will wait to see what the BBB has to say.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:13 PM
MechEE

Did you tell them that you were going to spread your bad experiences with them all over the internet? Usually they're pretty quick to help at that point... they only have to lose one sale to make it worth helping you.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Texasscout
Be Prepaired

What happened to your factory rims?
Old 07-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Z2G

i've always wondered about getting aftermarket rims from the dealer. who really benefits from it? considering the fact that the dealer must make money from selling you the aftermarket rims, i'm sure they'll charge more than what they're worth. do they give you a "credit" for the stock rims which they essentially get to keep? what happens when you have problems with the rims? as with the o.p., the dealer will state that they are aftermarket and not his problem. i'm sure the manufacturer will state that you bought them from a car dealer and not help you either.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:34 PM
RileyMan

To all

I did tell them I would voice my opinion and they said go ahead. If the aftermarket rims are put on by the dealership, you will never see the original tires. I only bought this one because it was the only black one with charcoal interior. The other one had the willow (Cream) interior. Looked kinda funny. As far as the rims go, I would have bought my own. I just figured this way the wife wouldn't gripe about me spending on rims when the factory ones worked just fine. Most Women just don't understand rims and such.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:40 PM
G35keg

I never buy rims from dealerships, its a complete rip-off... If the car I like has them on it, I always have the dealer trade them for stock rims off another vehicle...

Another thing I would never get is Chrome rims, high maintance and eventually you will have to have them re-chrome down the road... Although sounds to me the people who chromed them originaly did a crappy job and the dealership knows it and thats why they won't work with you.

I would take them to small claims court....
Old 07-30-2006, 01:50 PM
gary c

Chrome rims..............

I liked the way chrome rims looked when I bought
my coupe but was aware of the stealership markup.
Wow, 2k to have the wheels chromed. That's why
I had it done after I drove my G for a few weeks for
only $500 and didn't have any quality problems!
Plus,..........I never had to deal with the dealership
B/S!

Quick Reply: Don't let Troncalli Infiniti cheat you like they did me.