Laguna Seca January 21st

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Eagle1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laguna Seca January 21st

Fellow Team Members.
AJ, Clint and I went to Laguna Seca this Friday and ran the raceway with the Speedventures crew. What a fabulous day! The weather was absolutely perfect, the track conditions ideal, and only about 12 to 15 cars per run group (red/blue/white). Nobody broke or bent anything (Clint came close and will post later with some absolutely awesome video of his little escape, but no more hints...you will have to watch!) AJ made his debut and got some really excellent times in for a first comer, and will lend his special perspective to the experience with his posts. We had a fine Italian dinner at Fisherman's wharf afterwards.....and slept like rocks from the exhaustion of the day. You just cannot spend that much effort and adrenaline and make it much past 10pm! Video from my cam and Clint's, and AJ got some good digital pics as well.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:04 AM
zazaracing

Indeed it was a gorgeous and wild day. Leguna Seca is no doubt the wildest track Ive done yet. All the hype about it is true, but only understandable after you've driven it. It was the best learning experience yet and I had a blast watch Ed and Clint fly through the corners. I even lucked out and got to ride along with both. You two have some amazing G's, I dont think ive ever seen a young guy with such great driving skills. Let alone an Asian driver. Clint you know your stuff man I tryed listening to everything you said in between try to set up for the next turn. And for any of you who havent had the chance to see Ed's car "EAGLE1" its worth the time. Not only does it look amazing its for sure the perfect set up G35 out there. Both you guys have SOLID cars... Ill post some pics let this week.... Until next time..........
Old 01-24-2005, 03:11 AM
G35Lin

hahhaha.. i heard from AVO today.. he told me all about it.. too bad i couldn;t go... keep us updated Ed.. I'll have to call u about Team Transport Ed.. later on this week if u have time!

Ed
Old 01-25-2005, 12:55 AM
Eagle1

Originally Posted by G35Lin
hahhaha.. i heard from AVO today.. he told me all about it.. too bad i couldn;t go... keep us updated Ed.. I'll have to call u about Team Transport Ed.. later on this week if u have time!

Ed
Call me on my cell 626-318-3177, Ed, and leave a message with a number and time that I can call you. I have a partners meeting in Phoenix from Wed through Sunday, so there will be breaks when I can give you a call back.

I think that we could have a tracking subgroup in Team Transport and maybe put together some video of highlights of some of our laps at different tracks around the state. Clint obviously has some good stuff. But we could piece together something on Buttonwillow, Big Willow Springs, Cal Speedway, Laguna Seca and Sears Point. Hopefully later we will get Thunderhill and maybe Spring Mountain(Pahrump) or even Reno Fernley. Then show the trackcars in a little cluster and have a video screen playing the track video. Let the folks that not only does the G35 "show", but it can really "go" as well.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:21 PM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Originally Posted by Eagle1
Call me on my cell 626-318-3177, Ed, and leave a message with a number and time that I can call you. I have a partners meeting in Phoenix from Wed through Sunday, so there will be breaks when I can give you a call back.

I think that we could have a tracking subgroup in Team Transport and maybe put together some video of highlights of some of our laps at different tracks around the state. Clint obviously has some good stuff. But we could piece together something on Buttonwillow, Big Willow Springs, Cal Speedway, Laguna Seca and Sears Point. Hopefully later we will get Thunderhill and maybe Spring Mountain(Pahrump) or even Reno Fernley. Then show the trackcars in a little cluster and have a video screen playing the track video. Let the folks that not only does the G35 "show", but it can really "go" as well.
Where are the VIDS!! =)
Old 01-25-2005, 11:47 PM
Eagle1

http://www.g-owners.com/pictures_ima...una%20seca.wmv
Old 01-26-2005, 02:47 AM
sushmaster_g35

i thought you were saying he almost bent or broke something...i watched that 30 minute thing and didn't see one part where anything almost happened...boring to watch, but i can tell it was fun as hell to be there
Old 01-26-2005, 11:50 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Clint came close and will post later with some absolutely awesome video of his little escape
Where? Can you give us the minute mark like you did with your CalSpdWay vid? Thanks Ed.