Team 350 Gz Team 350 Gz - Operating for The New England Area G35's & 350z's

Fat Car (note no "s" in "fat")

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:45 PM
GWord256

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over Time, Over Time, nothing but over time all this week. Start work at 7 get home at 8 *YAWN* I'm beat. Tomorrow is my schedualed Friday off and I still have to come into work. I don't even have time to make dinner/supper. Ate McDonalds today, breadsticks yesterday, and nothing the day before.

I'm trying to get work done on the car I just need some daylight and rest (REST!!!).

But it makes me so happy listening to the car with the rear seats out. it sounds pretty . Just too bad I was only abe to even drive it once this week because of the snow in my driveway.

Yes well...
Cheers
Old 03-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Scootch

tough week aaaa, well hang in there man =0)

keep up the good work

Joe
Team 350 Gz
Old 03-22-2007, 09:26 PM
G FORCE 06

ok lets make this a roadster I have not done it to a coupe yet what do you think? Idid it to a mustang hatch .
Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
AthensBlueG

Originally Posted by GWord256
Over Time, Over Time, nothing but over time all this week. Start work at 7 get home at 8 *YAWN* I'm beat. Tomorrow is my schedualed Friday off and I still have to come into work. I don't even have time to make dinner/supper. Ate McDonalds today, breadsticks yesterday, and nothing the day before.

I'm trying to get work done on the car I just need some daylight and rest (REST!!!).

But it makes me so happy listening to the car with the rear seats out. it sounds pretty . Just too bad I was only abe to even drive it once this week because of the snow in my driveway.

Yes well...
Cheers
OMG that sucks. I work about 15 hours a week. lol
Old 03-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Rphillips6487

haha i work when i feel like it
Old 03-22-2007, 10:39 PM
AthensBlueG

^^^Yup. Ain't it great? haha
Old 03-23-2007, 12:20 AM
richiesays

sell me your black interior LOL
Old 03-23-2007, 04:10 PM
GWord256

My thread just got jacked something fierce... :/ I finally got some work done on the G today. Yanked out the passenger seat to make some more room to work inside. Got the drivers side rear pannel off. Removed some more tape, sound proofing. Took off the rear speaker deck. I'm starting to notice that there are quite a few wires that lead to nowhere. One in particular seems to lead to what would seem to be a rear window break light. Do some G's come with those?

I'm thinking about driving down to Sams club to pick up a more accurate scale. My pile of things to weigh is getting out of hand and I need room in the apartment. Unfortunatly with the seat out i'll have the AirBag light blinking at me the whole trip.

Also I can't figure out how to get the headliner off. It seems pretty fragile and I don't want to just yank at it. So if you have a link or you know how to get it off please share.

You really didn't need to post ALL those 'Stang pics here. A link to your other post would suffice :-p And no this is not going to be made into a roadster although it definatly would be a one of a kind G then if it was.

The interior parts are defniatly not for sale they are going back in the car. Except the trunk peices and I haven't decided the fate off all that stuff yet.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:25 PM
GWord256

Update: I just picked up my postal scale. Goes from 0.05 to 315 pounds. I've already got a list of parts I've taken out and their individual weights. Spread sheet .xls format. Don't worry I'll be sure to include it with my complete write up in the end. Passenger seat is heavier then I though. But I don't think there are any surprises. If you really want the weight of a particular item your welcome to message me any way you feel necessary.

Side Note: I can't wait to weigh myself before and after a good dump or after taking a wicked ****.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:39 PM
GWord256

Update Time:
Some nice weather today. For once. Well here's the update. I managed to get some more of the tar out along with some some of the wire covers. I have about 95% of the crap I took out weighed. So far I got like 3 pounds worth of tar. I make it to 10 pounds total from the areas I'm working on. I don't feel like ripping out the carpet at this time but I could only guess that would be another 10 pounds of tar under there.

The tar is really a pain the **** to remove. The suff over the wheels is a little easier actually because its harder and comes off in patches, some about the size of my palm. But the suff on the floors comes off in small globs and is generally very gooey and sitcks to everything. I stoped at a Dry Ice place but it seems it wasn't open. I'll take another look around tomorrow for one but I don't want to goto Cambridge to get it

^^ Just some views of how empty my car is on the inside VV

^ Before ^ : V After V

I'm still deciding if I want to clear the leftover tar out from under the seat. Noone would notice it.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:25 PM
GWord256

!!!200 Milestone!!!

I have officially hit the 200 pound mark today! I should win a prize! Someone give me a cookie dammit. Here is the list it added up to 200.35lbs. The unofficial weight may be about 10 pound more then that. I didn't want to weigh in some of the other stuff yet. It makes me sad now thinking that I'm going to be putting a large quantity of that weight back in . Guess I have to enjoy it whilst I can. I am hoping I can get the car back into form and function by Easter for my trip back to PA. Last time I took the car back to the stomping grounds it had not been broken in. Now I can really show it off to the homies!

Weight Parts
3.2 Child Seat Restraints
2.25 Rear Deck cover
2 Rear Upper Panel
4.35 Rear Lower Panel
15.1 Rear Seat Bench
0.2 Rear Seat Compartment
27.1 Rear Seat Back
0.6 First Aid Kit
58.8 Passenger Seat
1.15 Trunk fabric Below Speakers
0.95 Truck fabric Above Wheels
0.7 Trunk Fabric Left
0.65 Trunk Fabric Right
4.95 Jack+wrenches
2.85 Trunk Plastic Left
2.9 Trunk Plastic Right
0.45 Trunk Fabric Floor
4.75 Trunk Carpet
3.55 Trunk Cover
1.05 Battery Cover (assembly)
2.1 Engine Cover
0.75 Trunk Seal to Cabin
1.15 Trunk Fabric Lid
0.4 Trunk Jack Cover
33 Spare Tire
0.4 Left Panel Behind Rear Seat
0.4 Right Panel Behind Rear Seat
1.85 Front Passenger Mat
1.5 Rear Passenger Mat
0.2 Holey **** Bar
0.7 Right Front Pillar
0.7 Left Front Pillar
1.1 Passenger Visor
1.1 Driver Visor
1.05 SunRoof Visor
0.55 Sunroof Visor Trim
3.1 Driver Curtin Airbag
3.15 Passenger Curtin Airbag
3.3 Headliner wothout lamp
0.55 Sound Dampening Stickeys
3.25 Misc Seat and Trunk Plastic
2.5 Infiniti Booklets and additional items

Cheers
- Gavin

P.S. I'll get some pictures with the headliner out later.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Scootch

Congrates

i give u a box of cookies =0) mMmm fresh out of oven,

great job man, did u ever get liner out ?? and whats u putting back in ???

also rep us hard down there son, whipe that 8itch sideways

Joe

Last edited by Scootch; 03-27-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Titan

wow this is nit.. nice work man. u getitng ready for autocross/track

i cant wait for the team track day =0)
Old 03-30-2007, 08:12 PM
GWord256

Update: Alright I got my headliner back in. What a pain that was. I know you want pictures. I broke the LCD on my camera this morning (dropped it) but it still takes pictures I just don't know what I'm taking a picture of nor can I change the settings.

I picked up 50lbs of dry ice. At least thats what the guy charged me for. I got home and weighed it 40lbs! What an @S$. Oh well like I needed that much anyway. The ice came in pellets. Which is quite convienent when you have 50 pounds of it because you can just dump it every where. I got underneath the back seat today. What an improvement over the heat gun. Although the dry ice doesn't stick to slanted tar so well. I'll see what I can do for pictures for DryIce vs. Heat gun tomorrow.

The tar really just flakes off when it gets that cold. You can hear it cracking then you just need to hit it with chizzle a few times and it pops right up with almost no residue.

Well thats my update. Yes, yes, pictures I know. I'll work on it.

Cheers

-Gavin
Old 03-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Scootch

nice man, also was a blast meeting u last nigght, this summer is going to pwn man

Quick Reply: Fat Car (note no "s" in "fat")