Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

New member hello & closed LA dealer post

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 09:21 PM
SoCalSunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member hello & closed LA dealer post

Hello all, I've been lurking here since the literal beginning. A couple years after first finding this site I bought a new 2004 black/black coupe right as they started coming off the boat (though that was second model year). Three years ago a drunk driver totaled it while it was parked on the street outside my apartment, idiot. As soon as I needed a car again I reloaded with a 2013 malbec black IPL convertible. I really, really loved my first G, but damn this IPL is amazing. I need to take more pics, will try to soon.

In recent weeks I tried to schedule an oil change at the Glendale and then Beverly Hills dealerships, only to eventually learn that their parent company filed bankruptcy and they've closed indefinitely. Now Van Nuys is totally slammed as a result. The phone lines and websites of the two closed dealers are active, so hopefully this post helps spread the word.

I have a few questions for the local crowd, I've only been in LA a few years now (the drunk driver was a welcoming gift). My paint job already had a few ugly spots when I got her and I will sadly admit I did a little damage to a wheel leaving work one day - what is a good shop that will be able to handle my unique paint on both the body and the wheels? Also my leather shows the damage that has accrued to plenty of time enjoying the California sun, restoration is probably too strong a word but what about a place that does a really great deep clean that would include treating the leather? I know they're more than fully priced and there's been some discussion in the past but I can't find much recently (like a lot of things on this board) - has anyone had or heard anything recently about Clear Corners? Just looks so damn good and professionally done. What about a good audio shop? I don't want anything drastic or even noticeable visually, just drop in some really nice speakers and a proper amp to feed them. It seems like people are fans of Evolution Motorsports, has anyone here had work done there?

Big thanks in advance for any and all help.

2013 G37 IPL Convertible
Old 06-05-2019, 03:53 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Congrats
Old 06-05-2019, 08:35 PM
dxlnt1
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want custom work, go see Sam.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/audio-xcell...-of-industry-3

If all you want is cookie cutter change speakers, almost anywhere can do for cheap or reasonable. Sam does GREAT custom work.