SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

g37 vert: Car died 3 times in one week Service engine soon as well

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 02:10 AM
Roan de Rossi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g37 vert: Car died 3 times in one week Service engine soon as well

Hello,
So, my car died 3 times in past one week after having service engine soon light on for about a week. The service ppl said to not bother about the light unless its flashing and now my car is dead. Last time it died while I was opening the top from the button on the door (i.e. without starting the engine)
Infiniti road side assistance is going to pick up my car (from Lafayette, IN) on Tuesday morning and take it to Infiniti dealer in South Indianapolis. The car is still under factory warranty so I am hoping it will all be fixed.
It's just that I have had this car for only 8 months and I have been having so many issues with the car
I love the car but hate all these issues and then having to take it or taken all the way to Indianapolis as there is no Infiniti dealer here in Lafayette and Nissan will not do any factory warranty stuff.
The car will be gone on Tuesday morning and now I am trying to figure out what to do without a car and how to get around. As I am not personally going to drop the car, will the dealer still send a loaner car? I asked the roadside assistance and they told me I can rent a car for max $50/day upto 5 days. What happens if it takes them longer to fix the issue? Will I have to pay from my pocket? It would all be much easier if the dealer would simply send a loaner car until my car is completely fixed.

If anyone has any suggestions and recommendations, please feel free. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.
R
Old 09-02-2013, 08:41 AM
sprix

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
I would nicely but firmly demand that the dealer send a loaner car to you when they come to pick up your ride. I am sorry that you are having so many issues with your car, but the dealer may not be aware of your needs if you don't tell them. They might just assume you have another car, have nowhere to go, or are simply ok with not having transport. The rental option is not an option, that could cost you money if they take longer than needed.

It's like they say- closed mouths don't get fed. Speak up and let them know what your needs are. They can only say no, right? (Then, you escalate that to Infiniti Consumer affairs.)