South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

My dealership fired me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 PM
surfwagon

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As a manager I can tell you that corporate is solving much larger business problems than customer complaints. Corporate expects their managers to deal with this type of situation. I understand that sometimes as a business owner it makes sense to cut your losses and fire an unreasonable customer. I've had to do it before. I do think that Jon probably didn't do anything wrong. He did not feel that he was being respected and was not shown the customer service that he expected. The service manager may have been an auto tech who graduated into a managerial position that he was not equipped for. I would have expected the service manager to reach out and make an attempt.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I think there is a balance to both sides of the arguments. I've been in management for quite some time and I can say that the best course of action is to try to work it out with the front line staff.
However, discernment is also needed. If the front line staff/ management is being stupid/ unreasonable, I go as high as I can go to address the issue... I don't deal well with stupid.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
And that's what's wrong with America.......
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 AM
J0KER

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Call the dealership in Orlando and see if they offer valet service?
I live in Dallas and I know that the service dept at the dealership I use has been known to drive great lengths to pick vehicles up for valued customers. You would certainly fall under this catagory because they have now stolen a customer from another dealership. Although you might think that because you are only one person that this is insignificant but that is not at all the case. I know that in the "high-line" auto service business each and every customer is important. Also the surveys mean a great deal to not only the owner of the dealership but the consultant and it directly effects paychecks and bonuses for them.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 PM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciate everyone's opinions, concerns, and ideas. And yes, there are two sides to each story. Many things couldn't been specified due to the limitations to the length of a post. The first time I actually wrote it telling the whole thing, I had to chop it down to less than 1/2. So I made a new one with only a few key points.

My concerns had been voiced before when they actually took place. I spoke with the Service Manager and was lied to. I also spoke with a Consumer Affairs for help, it was through them that I found out Infiniti of Melbourne had lied to me about my car being "flagged" for all the warranty work it needed... When I came back to personally tell the dealer about it, they played "the politician" and didn't have a word to say about it and blew past my comments.

As someone mentioned earlier, warranty service is where the money is at for the dealer, and since my Basic Warranty ran out last year, I may not be worth the "trouble" to them.

A comical note, they actually sent me another email. It was a follow up to my survey and they asked whether their team had "addressed my concern"... Are they kidding?

As far as the staff there, only one of the Service ladies has treated me the way any customer should be treated, and I still do not understand why she is not the Service Manager. Parts and Sales have always been nice. I once needed to buy some of those plastic clips to hold the bumper in place against the radiator cover, maybe 2 or 3, and the crush washer for an oil change; the sales guy found them and said they wouldn't charge me for them, I said thanks and that I appreciated the gesture, but the famous service manager was around and when I was handed over the parts, she made sure she was loud enough for other customers to hear when she said to me "you know we probably will have to charge you for these next time, they are about a dollar each..." Can you guys believe that? It's not like I asked them for freebies, so I told her if it was a problem, I'd pay for them since I was there to purchase them in the first place... I honestly don't know how her attititude hasn't been addressed before, or how she is a Manager, it's not like her knowledge or social skills are above the rest of the staff, it's actually quite the opposite.

SMH
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM
surfwagon

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here's her picture. If she looks anything like she acts then I completely understand Jon. lol

Laura Pfeiffer
Service Manager
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
That's more information. Actually Jon, with the additional explanation it sounds like maybe they are just a-holes. If you took it up the line first before going to corporate then you did what you could. Like I said earlier, take your business to the other dealership and be done with them.

Maybe she got where she is by screwing someone or has pictures of the manager screwing a monkey?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
That's more information. Actually Jon, with the additional explanation it sounds like maybe they are just a-holes. If you took it up the line first before going to corporate then you did what you could. Like I said earlier, take your business to the other dealership and be done with them.

Maybe she got where she is by screwing someone or has pictures of the manager screwing a monkey?
Sounds hydro locked.

Lol
Old 01-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Nothin2Somethin

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

LMAO, bb never fails... I just think she may have the pics of the mgr with the monkey...
Old 01-17-2013, 06:40 AM
jon23

Originally Posted by surfwagon
Here's her picture. If she looks anything like she acts then I completely understand Jon. lol

Laura Pfeiffer
Service Manager
Wow, you guys are resourceful! Lol. Nice touch though, and yes, that IS her.

Something that made me laugh: My 5 year old saw me reading the thread and saw the picture and asked me: "Daddy, is that a boy or a girl?"

LOL I had thought this to be a possible explanation, but didn't know how to say it nicely, but that sounds about right...lol

Originally Posted by Rad_Slinger
Sounds hydro locked.

Lol
OMG there are so many levels to that joke Red Slinger!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 AM
BlackGSedaN1027

Jon23 this has been a great thread. So happens to be I also take both of my vehicles to Infiniti of Melbourne; not any more. I don't mean to hijack the thread in any way, but I have experienced some "differences" at this dealership ever since they hired a "new" service director.

After doing my usual oil change I noticed the total price was a bit higher than normal. So I mentioned that on their survey also adding their car washes (which as you mentioned I decline, but sometimes they was my car anyway) are sub-par. about 10 min after submitting the survey that new service director calls me and complains why I docked them points on the survey. I explained my reasoning that the prices so happened to have inflated after he started working there. Can you believe that this guy complained and actually lied and told me I've paid the same amount for the last 3 oil changes when I had my receipts stating otherwise?!?

He still denied it and said that I was wrong and he was right. I hung up and told other co-workers of mine to never take their vehicle to that infiniti again. They just lost 8 possible vehicles to be serviced there (including yours would be 9).

I now do my oil changes at 2000 Auto. Great place, friendly, honest and actually closer to my house than I of M.

If I have any warranty work to be done, I will take it to Infiniti of Orlando. Thanks for the tips guys!

That's the perfect reason for these threads.

Originally Posted by jon23
Finally decided to fill out one of the surveys the dealer sends when we go in for service and let them know I was not satisfied with the way I was treated/work performed... well, BIG mistake! The Service Director called me about it so I thought he wanted to fix things. I mentioned how one of their Svc Mgrs there always speaks to me in a condescending manner and gave him facts about how they couldn't fix their mistake 3 times and I had to drive more than 1 hr to another Infiniti dealer who isolated the issue and fixed it in less than 20 minutes on the first visit. How my car gets scratched beyond believe if I forget to forgo their complimentary "car wash"... Instead of an apology, or an invitation to "shake hands", he tells me to go somewhere else as my car can no longer be serviced there, because they cannot meet my expectations..

What happened to customer service? What is wrong with these people?
Now I have to drive all the way to Infiniti Orlando for service, and I don't mind too much as they are nothing less than great there, but that's not the point.

Ironically, they keep getting these "Awards of Excellence"...now I know why. They get rid of the ones that actually call them out on their mistakes.

Infiniti of Melbourne...avoid it at all costs.

This ruined my hopes of upgrading my coupe to either the new one or anything else. It doesn't matter that their Sales team is great, because if I cannot go there for service, what is the point?

To the mods, sorry I put this in the main page, just wanted more exposure than it could've received in the regional section, as most of us check the front page mostly.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 AM
jon23

I don't think you hijacked the thread at all. This was the idea behind my first post, I wanted to let you guys know what happened and see if there any others out there going through the same. I just didn't think it would happen this soon!

This goes to show the power of this forum at work.

Glad you told others about their bad service, they seem to have forgotten about word of mouth... I didn't know the service director was new...
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
BlackGSedaN1027

Yup, he's new I would say about 5-8 months? They actually created a position for him, because that position never existed.

My friend that owns a very successful business once told me that the best advertising is word of mouth (positive or negative). I believe it to be 100% true.

Originally Posted by jon23
I don't think you hijacked the thread at all. This was the idea behind my first post, I wanted to let you guys know what happened and see if there any others out there going through the same. I just didn't think it would happen this soon!

This goes to show the power of this forum at work.

Glad you told others about their bad service, they seem to have forgotten about word of mouth... I didn't know the service director was new...
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Hey Jon, think you may end up here: How it Works | Nasty Client Nasty Client
Old 01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
jon23

Hey Jon, think you may end up here: How it Works | Nasty Client Nasty Client
LOL. Hey I didn't set them up or hurt them in any way. I merely expressed my dissatisfaction with their service and one member of their staff, and let you guys know the result afterward. Now, since more people have come up with knowledge of this dealership's particular skills, it clears the notion that I am the only one "making trouble" or being too hard on that Service Dept.

Quick Reply: My dealership fired me!