South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

dealership in DFW? Another snake bit top

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 AM
L.I.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealership in DFW? Another snake bit top

We just purchased a beautiful used 2010 moonlight white with stone interior....of course, it was raining the day we purchased it - the morning after, we noticed the snake it top.

Since we weren't the first owners, we aren't sure if it is a result of the previous owners opening the top with items in the trunk....or if it is a result of the faulty hydraulic system.

Regardless, we would like to take it to the dealer to have it checked out, and repaired if it turns out to be the hydraulics. As for right now, we are afraid to put the top down for fear of making the dents worse.

Does anyone know of a trustworthy dealership in the DFW area that we could take the car to? Since we aren't the first owners, we don't want to be screwed just because they don't want to 'fix' the car.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sewell is the best option. There's one in Dallas and one in fort worth.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:58 PM
BHB 91

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also suggest going to Sewell. I have bought 3 cars there and they are one of the better dealers in that area. There even has been a book written about their history and customer satisfaction.

I had a wheel curbed once while I was there for service and they tried to fix it but it never looked right. They gave me a whole new set of wheels they had there to correct the problem and I had 12,000 miles already. Doesn't get better than that.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:11 PM
dtaylor72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slightly unrelated, but I took my vert in to the Infiniti dealer in Lake Norman, NC for the snake bit top about 3 weeks ago. They tried to give me the runaround at first about it coming from letting the top down with something in the trunk. The service guy called me back later saying they had hooked it up to the computer and apparently the car logs a code when the top operation is stopped b/c of something being in the trunk or some other abnormal stoppage. He said that since no code showed in the computer it was most likely not caused by something in the trunk. End result, fully covered repair. The interesting part is that they do have a way to partially prove or dis-prove their something in the trunk defense.